• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Looking for a squad

User Info: PERCYcision

PERCYcision
1 month ago#1
I've been playing MHW for about a week now. Love the graphics, the creature designs and the gameplay! This is the first entry in the franchise I've really been able to really sink my teeth into, and I'm looking for regular players to hunt with. I'm a HR 4 or 5 and main the bow and have almost unlocked the forunner for each elemental type. I like to think I have pretty good common sense using them, since I've heard they can be annoying to other players using certain attacks like arc shot. Anyway, I've learned hunting as a team is a lot more thrilling than hunting alone. Something tells me it would be even better hunting with friends!

User Info: potatocharlie

potatocharlie
1 month ago#2
I'll message you my PSN. Add me and we'll definitely play together.
Hi. I'm Potato Charlie.

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
1 month ago#3
Unless you find some other low rank team members, you're better off finishing the game solo. That will give you a chance to learn the game and to learn the monsters.

Otherwise, you're going to be paired with a lot of players with end game gear, who will simple destroy the monsters.

Once you've beat the Elder Dragons, that's when MP really begins to shine.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Thundar

Thundar
1 month ago#4
tokerblue posted...
Otherwise, you're going to be paired with a lot of players with end game gear, who will simple destroy the monsters.

Very true. You'll have people who may be genuinely interested in getting better at using certain weapons or you'll get people who just want you to come in and kill everything, hence learning absolutely nothing in the process. Add on top of this that Squads are pretty much useless these days since most people play the game pretty sporadically it seems these days.

I can always spare a bit of time to help fellow hunters further their Monster Hunter careers should you need it however ^_^
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/girshootslasers/1315697017393-1.jpg
PSN: Qwid SW-5644-7025-9610

User Info: NJolly

NJolly
1 month ago#5
If you're on discord, Jho's Bros is always up for new members, feel free to join us: https://discord.gg/9hDBedv
MHW (PS4); PSN: EhnJolly; IGN: Rosa
Main: DB/IG/Lance/LBG/HGB/GS

User Info: PERCYcision

PERCYcision
1 month ago#6
Thanks for the advice guys. And I'm at the part where Zorah gets away the first time. Potato Charlie I will definately look you up.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Looking for a squad
  • Topic Archived