• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. In which game was each weapon at its best?

User Info: Nes_Mettaur

Nes_Mettaur
1 month ago#1
I can't really give a take on this myself since I've only played MH4U and MHGU, but with how silly the SnS Oils are in the latter I'm curious what you guys with more series-wide experience would say.
Official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 month ago#2
I also only played MH4U and MHG.
In MH4U I've say the CB and IG. Didnt play them but they were definitely popular and pretty OP.

In MHG, eh I didnt play long enough to really enjoy it, wasnt clicking. So I wouldnt know on this one.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: ZenTea

ZenTea
1 month ago#3
Infinite lance evade 3 window in 4U says hi 👋
But I actually think lance was pretty powerful in Tri if I remember correctly. Though 4U was broken lol like that

Edit. Out of the time machine. Talking about lance backhops in 4U:

Post originally by @Endless_Night

“ From the japanese wiki, your regular i-frame lasts 0.2s. Evade +1 grants you 0.33s, +2 is 0.4s and +3 gives you a whooping 0.6s.

For rolling, the animation takes 1.1s to complete while side step and back hop takes only 0.66s. So if you're using evade +3, almost your entire animation is invincible when hopping.

Take into account that you can buffer your dodge (the evade animation doesn't have to be completed) before the next evade animation initiates when using lance, the i-frame effectively stack on one another without gap.

A game-breaking bug? No.

OP? You betcha. Even the emergency dodge only gives you 1.5s of i-frame. With 3 consecutive hops, you get 1.8s of untouchable time. “
Final Fantasy - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC67YhUXxf253c2UpVjKD5qg Monster Hunter - https://www.youtube.com/c/Zentea

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 month ago#4
For Hammer I would say it's a toss up between World and MHGU. Power Charge is OP but I always felt like something was off about the way Hammer handled in World. Can't put my finger on it. I think it's because the entire motion system is different.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 month ago#5
Relative to other weapons,

GS: FU / 4U
LS: GU
S&S: G / F1 / GU
DB: P3 / 3U
Hammer: FU
HH: P3?
Lance: 1 / 3 / Gen
GL: idk (maybe P3, 3U, or 4U)
SA: Gen
CB: 4U
IG: 4U
LBG: P3
HBG: GU / World
Bow: World

That's roughly where I'd put it anyway, probably some stuff I'm overlooking that would change what I wrote here.

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#6
I really liked GS in Tri

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
1 month ago#7
I remember me cruising through the game with the lance on tri, and everyone and their mother rocking kelbi bow on 3 ultimate.
GTag:XlX Zoro XlX PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx I bet my left nut on bloodstained ritual of the night being awesome...I like my left nut IGA, come through for me.

User Info: CrimsonStrider

CrimsonStrider
1 month ago#8
HBG/LBG = World because of the improvements to the controls.

Couldn't play MHGU demo after using HBG on world

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
1 month ago#9
I'd probably say the few most recent games for HH. I can't fully say World despite the strong new mechanics though because a few songs were stealth nerfed (Earplugs, Wind Res, Stamina Negated) and 4th gen's weapon selections were all MUCH better.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
1 month ago#10
LS in world is so rediculous broken that I sometimes miss the old times of mhfu

I'm a LS main. And I love it in world. But I kinda miss the time where it was actually super difficult to use 😂
Now on Instagram! Find me under ally_jay_arts
PSN: FF7_Lissy
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. In which game was each weapon at its best?
  • Topic Archived