You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If there was one weapon you could adjust in the game, what would it be?

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
4 weeks ago#51
Lilstormcloud posted...
Then we can fill the extra slot with a noob weapon like the weeb sword ~_~

ftfy
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: flsomerv

flsomerv
4 weeks ago#52
Give IG permanent red essence. (i.e. upgraded moveset all the time) and remove the kinsect altogether. You sacrifice the buffs from orange and white essence as a trade-off for permanent red-essence moveset. Then it is basically just a "Glaive."

I've actually been playing IG this way for a while now. Grab red essence ASAP and forget about the rest of the IG's abilities. So much less stress in fights this way. You only need to grab one essence and then go to town on the monster!

(I even use the Dragon Soul kinsect so that I don't have to see a huge bug on my arm all the time.)
Gaming since 1982

User Info: ZenTea

ZenTea
4 weeks ago#53
nuke2099 posted...
@ZenTea Generations and GU have something similar for lance in a way.

Enraged Guard.

"Raises your shield to block an incoming attack. When doing so, the power of the hit will be absorbed, raising your Attack. Risky to use, but the more powerful the blow, the more your Attack will increase."

Oh nice, maybe Iceborne will add those moves to World.
Final Fantasy - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC67YhUXxf253c2UpVjKD5qg Monster Hunter - https://www.youtube.com/c/Zentea
flsomerv posted...
Give IG permanent red essence. (i.e. upgraded moveset all the time) and remove the kinsect altogether. You sacrifice the buffs from orange and white essence as a trade-off for permanent red-essence moveset. Then it is basically just a "Glaive."

I've actually been playing IG this way for a while now. Grab red essence ASAP and forget about the rest of the IG's abilities. So much less stress in fights this way. You only need to grab one essence and then go to town on the monster!

(I even use the Dragon Soul kinsect so that I don't have to see a huge bug on my arm all the time.)

So...weaker and less interesting?
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
4 weeks ago#55
Remove HH
and replace it with a Guitar that also has an attached rifle on it.
Square button for Spread Ammo.
Triangle button for Pierce Ammo.

Rarity 1~3: Ammo LV1
Rarity 4~6: Ammo LV2
Rarity 7~8: Ammo LV3

User Info: MandalorianSun

MandalorianSun
4 weeks ago#56
flsomerv posted...

As someone who plays IG in my top three most played weapons, this is incorrect. The kinsect is a major part of the IG, not just for collecting essence, but for ranged chip damage and status application.

For instance, i've straight up just spammed triangle with the TDsoul at behemoth's head and gotten the stun knockdown after like ten quick hits to the head.

Also, the movement speed you get from white essence is no joke, you walk significantly faster with weapon drawn.

What you should be doing is snagging two out of three essence, beat down with those for like a minute, and then grab the third one, which then restarts the timer on all your essence's.
Official Salty Tears of DS2

User Info: flsomerv

flsomerv
4 weeks ago#57
Yes, I know HOW to play with IG. I just don't like it. It isn't fun for me most of the time. I found that only collecting red and just melee-ing the target with the enhanced moveset is much more fun. I almost never use the IG's jump ability either. I just don't find it that fun.

If it is such a problem to modify the IG, then just give me a new weapons class: Halberd. Weapon speed should be comparable to SwA. Just give it some cool swings and we are good to go.
Gaming since 1982

User Info: Somedude9

Somedude9
3 weeks ago#58
flsomerv posted...
Yes, I know HOW to play with IG. I just don't like it. It isn't fun for me most of the time. I found that only collecting red and just melee-ing the target with the enhanced moveset is much more fun. I almost never use the IG's jump ability either. I just don't find it that fun.

If it is such a problem to modify the IG, then just give me a new weapons class: Halberd. Weapon speed should be comparable to SwA. Just give it some cool swings and we are good to go.

Well that’s pretty much what you’re saying. What you want isn’t changing the weapon it’s neutering it to something else completely. An honestly from what you want, just play LS.

User Info: TheCoolz

TheCoolz
3 weeks ago#59
Remove ZSD from SA.

In past games u were able to do an early discharge or a full discharge on tripped monsters to maximize your damage potential in that short window period. This video perfectly sums up how the discharge can be used effectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTyQ-DYl3KI

Granted it wasn't a move pulled off very often by the average user, but it still has its uses.

ZSD looks cool, but in practice it feels really bad to use.
Sven of the Outcast
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/pap/zlCfzRRiugAvPz6KBJ

User Info: shadow99226

shadow99226
3 weeks ago#60
Take out the horrible mechanic where pressing O after a hop reloads on GL instead of shelling.
"Never Forget Sona 6/30/13"
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If there was one weapon you could adjust in the game, what would it be?