You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If there was one weapon you could adjust in the game, what would it be?

User Info: Akuro19

Akuro19
4 weeks ago#1
As in, if you could rework a weapon/weapon tree that you think needs to be updated, what would they be?

For me, they seriously need to increase Odogaron's weapons' raw on the IG and DB. They seriously should not be that weak. Hell, even the CB is insultingly weak.
"Though it's interesting to see monsters killing each other, go ahead and kill them yourself." - Goddess Ilias

User Info: MandalorianSun

MandalorianSun
4 weeks ago#2
I would rework the SnS to have a higher vertical angle when doing the charge hop. As it is, it currently sails right under tall monsters regularly, even when you launch directly at them.

I would give the ZSD on the SA some form of rocksteady effect as well, like maybe one free attack you can cling through before you get shook off.

The hunting horn.....i don't even know how i would rework it, except to give it something that could act as a form of defense, either a counter or some kind of move that formed a sonic shield or SOMEthing so that it isn't both slow AND defenseless.

Basically, the weapons in this game that see the least amount of play/effectiveness are the one's where the ultimate moves are so risky/unreliable that the reward isn't as strong as just repeating some of the smaller combo's.

Like, GS and LS and DB's and CB and ranged weapons and a few others REWARD you for using their ultimate attacks that you build up to, whereas the weapons with ultimates that don't reward for the effort are problematic, and although they are perfectly viable weapons, their lack of use among the playerbase is all the data you need.
Official Salty Tears of DS2

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 weeks ago#3
Give the HH the moves from MHO.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
4 weeks ago#4
MandalorianSun posted...
I would rework the SnS to have a higher vertical angle when doing the charge hop. As it is, it currently sails right under tall monsters regularly, even when you launch directly at them.

I would give the ZSD on the SA some form of rocksteady effect as well, like maybe one free attack you can cling through before you get shook off.

The hunting horn.....i don't even know how i would rework it, except to give it something that could act as a form of defense, either a counter or some kind of move that formed a sonic shield or SOMEthing so that it isn't both slow AND defenseless.

Basically, the weapons in this game that see the least amount of play/effectiveness are the one's where the ultimate moves are so risky/unreliable that the reward isn't as strong as just repeating some of the smaller combo's.

Like, GS and LS and DB's and CB and ranged weapons and a few others REWARD you for using their ultimate attacks that you build up to, whereas the weapons with ultimates that don't reward for the effort are problematic, and although they are perfectly viable weapons, their lack of use among the playerbase is all the data you need.

And then people complain that every weapon just does nothing but spam their super moves. Not quite true, mind you, but the ZSD is really the last place you should be looking for buffs to SA.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
4 weeks ago#5
Give SnS lunge attack iFrames. I know the backhop has iFrames, but being able to perform the move with the camera angles is annoying. I just want to lunge through fireballs then smack the monster in the face.
"People's opinion are like chains, they can pull you along or hold you down." Commander, MHW

User Info: orphanjohn

orphanjohn
4 weeks ago#6
Getting roared or any knock down takes you out of demon mode on DBs.
PSN: OrphanFromdabloc
Home Alone is just the kids version of Die Hard.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 weeks ago#7
DBs give you innate rocksteady and double movement speed in DM.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: Violet_Shadow

Violet_Shadow
4 weeks ago#8
As a DB-main, I'd like it if they fixed it so that you couldn't be knocked out of Demon Mode. As a personal preference, I'd also like to be able to cancel out of attacks like Demon Dance which would further enhance the DBs quickness, allowing you to cut off an attack with a Demon Dodge (or roll) in order to avoid being hit (it would still take skill to be able to pull it off successfully).
Signed: ~The Violet Shadow, "Shadows never die, they merely fade into the darkness..."

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
4 weeks ago#9
As far as I know, HH SA and SnS need reworks, they lag behind all the other weapons. Like alot of the weapons in World gained new move sets so it wouldn't be out of place if they gave new one of those mentioned.

It's a minor detail but I would really like it if they worked more on the camera and aimed camera functions. I have problems with the aiming on my Bow, the reticle doesnt flow smoothly but rather jumps from one target to another. Like I get it gets locked on specific areas but I would like more control or freedom with were I move it at least an option to do so.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Serokin

Serokin
4 weeks ago#10
When you slide down a smaller hill with the Gunlance you sometimes don't get the jump to then go into the slam move and it is deeply irritating to die this way.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If there was one weapon you could adjust in the game, what would it be?