• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is ancient leshen a good fight?

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
2 months ago#101
Rhiethreal posted...
The fight is also apparently much harder for deaf people or people who play without surround sound.

Lel what if we don't use visual cues and make anyone just playing on a TV need a speaker system or headphones?

Seriously, audio cues are fine. Just make sure there are also visual cues. If a monster spams teleporting and attacks IMMEDIATELY and the only way to know where he went is hearing him, that isn't Monster Hunter anymore for 3 different reasons.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
2 months ago#102
Caroniver posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
The fight is also apparently much harder for deaf people or people who play without surround sound.

Lel what if we don't use visual cues and make anyone just playing on a TV need a speaker system or headphones?

Seriously, audio cues are fine. Just make sure there are also visual cues. If a monster spams teleporting and attacks IMMEDIATELY and the only way to know where he went is hearing him, that isn't Monster Hunter anymore for 3 different reasons.

I agree. Would it have really been so hard for the crows to fly off in the direction he is going to reappear?

He actually attacks faster than immediately sometimes. I have seen him reappear already in the middle of an attack animation, meaning the attack started before he arrived at his new location.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
2 months ago#103
Rhiethreal posted...
Would it have really been so hard for the crows to fly off in the direction he is going to reappear?

I agree with this. Actually, I thought this was already the case when I first fought it, because the revoltures seem to fly off together. But they don't.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
2 months ago#104
Rhiethreal posted...
Caroniver posted...
Rhiethreal posted...

I agree. Would it have really been so hard for the crows to fly off in the direction he is going to reappear?

He actually attacks faster than immediately sometimes. I have seen him reappear already in the middle of an attack animation, meaning the attack started before he arrived at his new location.

It would be even better if the Target Cam didn't take like 5 seconds before it starts working again after he teleports.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
2 months ago#105
Caroniver posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
Caroniver posted...
Rhiethreal posted...

It would be even better if the Target Cam didn't take like 5 seconds before it starts working again after he teleports.

That has to have been deliberate, too, given that there's no reason that AL is any less "there" at the very beginning of his materialization than he is several seconds later.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
2 months ago#106
Kjarr Kings cb + health regen, super guard and maxed hp makes him a breeze, you'd still need decent teammates tho
Who reads these anyway

User Info: Griffted

Griffted
2 months ago#107
It's a pretty trash fight, even post nerf.
I make Hunting Horn videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/Griffted

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
2 months ago#108
It's kinda like the behemoth minus the fun.

Trash:
Teleporting - just a bs mechanic
Passive damage from basically everything
Lesh blends in with background too much
Ancient forest sucks in general

I get teamwork and something different and all that... just don't like it.

User Info: bitcomet

bitcomet
2 months ago#109
Below average. In every boss fight, I hate it when the boss summon other minions to fight you. It's for that reason I also really hate one of the Valkyrie fight from GoW.

User Info: maronmario

maronmario
1 month ago#110
I rate it as bad, on the one hand it’s a cool looking monster and the gimmicks it has is pretty cool.

But holy f***, there’s so much wrong with this fight. The jagras being way, way more tankier then they should ever be, the awful pin attack, the sheer amount of tic damage from the birds being so damn ridiculous, the sheer quantity of health it has being the highest in the game period, the final phase; just everything about it, the constant teleporting, how almost half the hunt will be in this one phase, how much health it has. If it hits a point where I’m asking “WHY WONT YOU DIE?!” It’s really bad.
3ds Friend code: 5387-1658-9686
Fire emblem heroes friend code: 1170679660
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is ancient leshen a good fight?
  • Topic Archived