• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is ancient leshen a good fight?

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
4 months ago#11
I decided to try some plunder blading until my internet gets better.

He sicked his jagras on me again and I was feeling curious so I put my weapon away and just ran around with the jagras following me until my cat gained its plunder blade actions.

Eventually the Leshen (very quickly) put his caw in the ground and I was caught in a cage. Despite it being his most powerful move it comes out really fast. way faster then everything else. All other bramble moves have enormous tells prior to Leshen hitting the ground followed by the branches appearing on the ground as tiny before they enlarge and hurt you.

The exception is the attack where he sends three lines of branches in front of him. With the middle one preceding the sides. I think the tell for that is him bending over and pulling the ground in a forward motion towards you.

All in all nothing about these attack are extraordinary. But his cage move is him quickly poking the ground which causes braches to form under you. Unlike his other branch attacks there is no inactive state. They don't start off small and then get large immediately afterwards which give you a second to roll or can be avoided by keeping your momentum while running.

The second the small branches spawn near you yeah get caught. I'm gonna do more experimentation but the only feasible way it seem to dodge it is to superman dive or mad roll before his hand hits the ground. But the claw to ground move has no tell. It's his fastest animation and its indistinguishable from his other moves besides the fact that it happens in sub 1.5 seconds. This s*** happens while you are being chased by the jagras. If I wasn't making it my mission to stare at him while he did it I would of said it was automatic. What the heck?

User Info: velocd

velocd
4 months ago#12
I voted Bad.

Too much teleporting and thus pinball. If it just didn't teleport as much I would rate it Average.

I am getting sick to death of AT Kulve Taroth farming. However, compared to Ancient Leshen, returning to Kulve Taroth feels like reuniting with a beloved friend after 5 painfully annoying wins of Ancient Leshen.

User Info: ZenTea

ZenTea
4 months ago#13
Below average imo, too much teleport and he’s too small for the amount of health he has
Final Fantasy - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC67YhUXxf253c2UpVjKD5qg Monster Hunter - https://www.youtube.com/c/Zentea

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
4 months ago#14
The teleporting is a bit much.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 months ago#15
But then, you have to look at the things people are complaining about.

Jagras swarming you.

Flash, slaughter them. Move on.

Insta-death attack

Be ready to flash, move on. The bird nova is a joke. It's insanely easy to flash it.

Cage traps you. Kills you if they don't free you.

This is literally only a problem if people ignore when the Handler says someone is pinned. The game literally tells you. And again, flash it. Move on. Divine Blessing will keep you alive if they don't pay attention and flash you out.

Birds do chip damage

So? They are the most minor of annoyances.

One could almost think the AL was released on April 1st. This is the epitome of the joke fight. Flashpods disrupt EVERYTHING. Once people understand and start using that, they'll see what a joke the AL really can be.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
4 months ago#16
SilverHawke27 posted...
But then, you have to look at the things people are complaining about.

Jagras swarming you.

Flash, slaughter them. Move on.

Insta-death attack

Be ready to flash, move on. The bird nova is a joke. It's insanely easy to flash it.

Cage traps you. Kills you if they don't free you.

This is literally only a problem if people ignore when the Handler says someone is pinned. The game literally tells you. And again, flash it. Move on. Divine Blessing will keep you alive if they don't pay attention and flash you out.

Birds do chip damage

So? They are the most minor of annoyances.

One could almost think the AL was released on April 1st. This is the epitome of the joke fight. Flashpods disrupt EVERYTHING. Once people understand and start using that, they'll see what a joke the AL really can be.

So azure rathalos with gank squad. Flash flash flash! I think your answers bring up deeper issues.

User Info: Canab

Canab
4 months ago#17
- He has a move that traps you and REQUIRES someone else to free you or you WILL die

On my first blind try, and still my only one, I managed to bring him to the end of the third (second?) phase while staying alive for 33 minutes. You definitely can survive it but you need to get the armour from normal Leshen fully augmented. Hell, I can survive two ones if I have rocksteady on.
He's definitely broken though for solo gameplay. Nothing should eat through your potions like this if you solo it with a set that heals you like ****.
'Your goal is to survive, only survive; never be a hero!'.
-Maximillian Brooks' The Zombie Survival Guide; P062.

User Info: Pinruts

Pinruts
4 months ago#18
No. As a solo player, especially no.
This. Cannot. Continue. | The internet is homophonically challenged.

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
4 months ago#19
Looking back I personally don't even think Extremoth was bad compared to this damn warlock Groot. The only attack Behemoth ever really killed me with was the lightning attack. Everything else of it's was perfectly avoidable for me. Groot it just exploding AoE tree branches everywhere and crow tick damage so high that makes melee options almost non-viable.

Also, am I the only one that can't f***ing stand it when bosses have little minions swarming you the whole time? Especially minions that take more time than they rightfully should to put down?

I would genuinely take Extremoth over Groot any day. They're both garbo. But hey, pick your poison.
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
4 months ago#20
I’ve beaten it.

It’s ass.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is ancient leshen a good fight?
  • Topic Archived