• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is ancient leshen a good fight?

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
3 months ago#1
Is ancient leshen a good fight? - Results (459 votes)
Utter s***
36.38% (167 votes)
Bad
16.34% (75 votes)
Below average
6.32% (29 votes)
Average
10.89% (50 votes)
Good
17.65% (81 votes)
Great
12.42% (57 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's let gamefaqs community decide.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
3 months ago#2
I think it's a touch early to decide.

I can say I had to back off mentally and just start laughing at our failures instead of get upset about them...
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
3 months ago#3
It's s*** if for nothing other than the cage. No monster should have a move that removes player agency and requires someone else to save them. Tremor was bad enough. KT's Lava is a pain but can be survived without someone else healing you, and you can pre-equip flash pods to flash yourself free of pins.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
3 months ago#4
No. It's the worst fight in the game.

- You had to deal with adds constantly attacking you
- He constantly teleports rendering alot of weapons with slow attacks pointless
- He has an insta-death attacks that is thankfully less BS than Behemoth's but still BS
- He has a move that traps you and REQUIRES someone else to free you or you WILL die
- He has too much health
- He has birds constantly flapping around himself so you will take chip damage if you want to attack

The only saving grace is you can get all his gear by just using plunder blade and failing the quest and quite frankly it's probably quicker and less rage-inducing to do that.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
3 months ago#5
Terenigma posted...
- You had to deal with adds constantly attacking you
- He constantly teleports rendering alot of weapons with slow attacks pointless

I think these are a good thing. They make you approach the fight differently than other fights, and that change is refreshing. Even slower weapons have options for dealing with this if you put down the flow chart.

Terenigma posted...
- He has an insta-death attacks that is thankfully less BS than Behemoth's but still BS
- He has a move that traps you and REQUIRES someone else to free you or you WILL die

These are garbage and need to go.

Terenigma posted...
- He has too much health
- He has birds constantly flapping around himself so you will take chip damage if you want to attack\

The health thing is debatable, and most people have health augments of their weapons so the birds just help to counter that.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Somedude9

Somedude9
3 months ago#6
I was one of the guys that voted that this fight was great. And I want to put an asterisks to that vote, I played this multiplayer, I have friends who are deep into the end game with me, and we work together well. If I did this solo I would probably be pretty pissed and think it’s hellish.

I’m glad the quest is challenging and wasn’t finished in 5 minutes, I can understand people’s frustration with this fight, it took my friends and I a good number of tries to clear it, but the fight was fun for us. It kept us on our toes and forced us to really keep the teamwork up.

So notes about the fight:
1)You can avoid getting one shot if you have health boost 3 and are packing defensive skills like divine blessing and defense up.

2)This fight is really a multiplayer fight, unless you’re as skilled as some of the best speed runners out there it’s probably a better idea to work with others instead of doing this solo.

3)Remember to bring Igni.

4)Take you time, you have 50mins for a reason.

User Info: didierre

didierre
3 months ago#7
Monster Hunter World made by Team Osaka from Kingdom Hearts games.

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
3 months ago#8
Wow if this fight is polling this poorly on gamefaqs then what do the casuals think of it? This is a flop. Git gud capcom.

User Info: Ghannos

Ghannos
3 months ago#9
I voted good. I think the teleports at the end are a bit much, and the cage maybe should be a MP move only, or let me you igni it from within, but overall intense and fun.

User Info: DS_Aneila

DS_Aneila
3 months ago#10
didierre posted...
Monster Hunter World made by Team Osaka from Kingdom Hearts games.

I'm loving the KH3 bashing leaking everywhere online. Hey at least the bosses are slightly better than DDD and BBS. Lets just ignore the blindfold speed runs and 40 to 50 second kills on Dark Inferno.

Also y'all just salty. Leshen is the best fight in the series and is a culmination of what direction Ryozo sees for this franchise.
I like to makeup MMO acronyms and misuse them out of context. Nobody knows MMOs like I do - EX_Bloathog - every GFaqs thread
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is ancient leshen a good fight?
  • Topic Archived