• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Ancient Leshen ruined everything that made Leshen fun.

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 months ago#11
prsboys posted...
bjaigorgor posted...
Ranting on the wrong board.

Why? Because I play on Xbox?

Yeah, if this is "lul xboner should leave" you should know that we only post here so all discussion can be consolidated in one place. The Xbox and PC boards are both inactive because all discussion takes place here, so why split it across 3 platforms?
In fact, the way GameFAQs splits boards is problematic in general. Usually a game released on 2 different consoles won't be completely different between the two, and topics that only apply to one are easily flagged as such. It's even worse when they make boards for every DLC and Expansion, because no one's going to use them because it's easier to use the main board.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
4 months ago#12
I don't think you can plunderblade the Ancient Leshen Skull, either. And that's needed for all the craft able stuff, including the S&S upgrade, the DB craft, and the Ciri full armor craft. The Mutagen is only needed for the layered sets, one for each.

I don't care for the paid MP situation, but I see that as a problem with the consoles.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 months ago#13
Sirk posted...
I don't think you can plunderblade the Ancient Leshen Skull, either. And that's needed for all the craft able stuff, including the S&S upgrade, the DB craft, and the Ciri full armor craft. The Mutagen is only needed for the layered sets, one for each.

I don't care for the paid MP situation, but I see that as a problem with the consoles.

Plunderblade can only grab carvable items. Ancient Horns can't be carved, so I need to kill another to get those DBs.

Mutagen, however, can be carved.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: MobileTrainer94

MobileTrainer94
4 months ago#14
Iirc you need the ALS (ancient leshen skull to upgrade the SnS and get the Dual Blades
We take what we learn from the good and the bad and use it to move forward in the journey of life.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
4 months ago#15
MobileTrainer94 posted...
Iirc you need the ALS (ancient leshen skull to upgrade the SnS and get the Dual Blades

And for the full Ciri armor, I believe. It's needed for everything that needs any Ancient Leshen parts at all to craft.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

MobileTrainer94
4 months ago#16
Sirk posted...
MobileTrainer94 posted...

And for the full Ciri armor, I believe. It's needed for everything that needs any Ancient Leshen parts at all to craft.

https://youtu.be/yBLdQ1a4-JI
We take what we learn from the good and the bad and use it to move forward in the journey of life.

User Info: DaWorstPlayer

DaWorstPlayer
4 months ago#17
If I remember correctly, I still got a mutagen even after other players and I failed the quest. But the chance is still very very low.

It only happened to me once so far, so I don't know if throwing yourself at the monster for an hour would be a reliable farming method. Given that it takes you around 2 minutes to fail the quest.

MobileTrainer94
4 months ago#18
DaWorstPlayer posted...
If I remember correctly, I still got a mutagen even after other players and I failed the quest. But the chance is still very very low.

It only happened to me once so far, so I don't know if throwing yourself at the monster for an hour would be a reliable farming method. Given that it takes you around 2 minutes to fail the quest.

Same here. I just wanted the Ciri layered armor for my bow girl.
If you can break everything you have a chance to get Mutagen
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Ancient Leshen ruined everything that made Leshen fun.
  • Topic Archived