• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Ancient Leshen is trash.

User Info: didierre

didierre
4 months ago#171
nuke2099 posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...
No way, this guy is way worse. At least Extremoth actually resembles a MH fight somewhat.

At least behemoth is based on a MMO fight. This plant dude is based on a singleplayer fight. So I don't know why they made it a MMO fight. Even in MMO's a encounter when done right isn't meant to last that long.

I don't know if we can just blame Capcom either since the devs of the Witcher also worked with Capcom on this and gave them idea's.

Fun fact: Ancient Leshen has the biggest health pool in this game with over 66k health, beating Extremoth by 15-16k hp.

Edit: Maybe LonelyGaruga can confirm or someone else but I'm pretty sure AT Kulve has less too.

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
4 months ago#172
That...

That is more than GU event Lao. WHAT THE f***

OK, GU event Lao is 68.7K HP. Is Leshient between 66K and 67K or 66K is just a confirmed minimum?

JP wiki estimates 67.5K HP.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 months ago#173
didierre posted...
nuke2099 posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...
No way, this guy is way worse. At least Extremoth actually resembles a MH fight somewhat.

At least behemoth is based on a MMO fight. This plant dude is based on a singleplayer fight. So I don't know why they made it a MMO fight. Even in MMO's a encounter when done right isn't meant to last that long.

I don't know if we can just blame Capcom either since the devs of the Witcher also worked with Capcom on this and gave them idea's.

Fun fact: Ancient Leshen has the biggest health pool in this game with over 66k health, beating Extremoth by 15-16k hp.

Edit: Maybe LonelyGaruga can confirm or someone else but I'm pretty sure AT Kulve has less too.

Pretty much already knew it was around 60k because of rock damage.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: didierre

didierre
4 months ago#174
LonelyGaruga posted...
That...

That is more than GU event Lao. WHAT THE f***

OK, GU event Lao is 68.7K HP. Is Leshient between 66K and 67K or 66K is just a confirmed minimum?

Boulder does 3375hp, if it's 5% of the monster's health, then he has approximately 67500hp.

It's a small target, constantly moves around, stunlocks you to death and has more hp than any monster in the game and more than a Giant from past MH games of course...

LonelyGaruga
4 months ago#175
Yeah that should be it. Then Leshen's base HP is 9,000.

9000 * 2 (standard HR multiplier) = 18,000
18,000 * 1.5 (event version) = 27,000
27,000 * 2.5 (MP scaling) = 67,500

GU event Lao has 68,750 HP to be more precise, so Leshient has 98.1% of GU event Lao's HP.

This is still so f***ing stupid I can't wrap my head around it. Extremoth has approximately 52.5K HP. Leshient has 28% more HP than Extremoth. Why. This is so stupid.

User Info: synklare

synklare
4 months ago#176
Oh yeah, don't know if anyone else had this happen yet but last night on a run with a friend, he got trapped in a root cage and we flashed AL to stop it.

Straight after, once he'd recovered, he caged him again so I flashed him again. Recovered once more and caged him for the third time.

Anyone else had that happen in succession? I was f***ing baffled by that.
For Honor, Elite Dangerous & Anthem Discord - https://discord.gg/GduTUBB
The Savage Legion

User Info: CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
4 months ago#177
ALEXx7UP posted...
Way to punish people who play solo Capcom. Just when I was getting excited for ice borne.

He throws so many adds at you that your health drains faster than it would if you were sunbathing in AT lunastra's heat nova.

He can keep summoning them and for weapons like the gun lance I have zero time to adjust. Blocking is pointless because you get hit too frequently. You'll block 5 bites before you have the right to move again. Why make more monster like behemoth? But via adds? I spend half the fight running away from the Jagras.

I'm not even mad right now It's not like Capcom spat in my face. Its like they violently pulled the chair underneath me as I was trying to sit down to play one of their games. Turned the game into Ikaruga on me without the slightest warning.

We'll I guess I'll seek help online. Thanks to my gunlance shield and double health augment with 2 recovery points gemmed in I am nearly invincible to every single one of his attacks. I just can't fight him alongside 30 jagras at the same time. Looking forward to hunting with you guys I guess...

Eh...

You can wyvern fire the whole pack goodbye, and shelling can hit multiple at once...
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.

User Info: Tirnoth

Tirnoth
4 months ago#178
didierre posted...

This is what happens when Kulve dates bad monsters. Ex-Behemoth knocked her up and left her with this guy.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
4 months ago#179
CaoSlayer posted...
ALEXx7UP posted...
Way to punish people who play solo Capcom. Just when I was getting excited for ice borne.

He throws so many adds at you that your health drains faster than it would if you were sunbathing in AT lunastra's heat nova.

He can keep summoning them and for weapons like the gun lance I have zero time to adjust. Blocking is pointless because you get hit too frequently. You'll block 5 bites before you have the right to move again. Why make more monster like behemoth? But via adds? I spend half the fight running away from the Jagras.

I'm not even mad right now It's not like Capcom spat in my face. Its like they violently pulled the chair underneath me as I was trying to sit down to play one of their games. Turned the game into Ikaruga on me without the slightest warning.

We'll I guess I'll seek help online. Thanks to my gunlance shield and double health augment with 2 recovery points gemmed in I am nearly invincible to every single one of his attacks. I just can't fight him alongside 30 jagras at the same time. Looking forward to hunting with you guys I guess...

Eh...

You can wyvern fire the whole pack goodbye, and shelling can hit multiple at once...

I do a full sweep. Mind you, without the health aug, I’d die, and it doesn’t fully heal you either...
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

LonelyGaruga
4 months ago#180
CaoSlayer posted...
Eh...

But can you solo it?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Ancient Leshen is trash.
  • Topic Archived