• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. When there's that ONE last KT weapon you need..

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
2 months ago#1
I'm not exaggerating even a little when I say I think have have every single R7 and R8 Kulve Taroth weapon by this point EXCEPT for one. Some friends and I spent this entire afternoon and evening bullying the living hell out of this poor animal and I got nothing but duplicates in my rewards. Every. Single. Time. All of it was for the damn Kjarr Daggers "Water". The one weapon that eludes me. A DB player that has it all. Every decoration and every weapon. Except Kjarr Daggers "Water".

Every time I'm hunting a monster with a water weakness I'm using the Taroth Daggers "Water" and there's this constant itch in the back of my head reminding me that this isn't the best water set this can be. It CAN be made better. But I CAN'T make it better because RNG be damned.

Curse you Crapcom for making so many of the best-in-class weapons locked away behind one of the most grind-happy RNG crapshoots I've ever experienced in a video game.
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
2 months ago#2
Lol I use to feel that way back when Tarroth water Bow was around and I didnt have it. There was Anjanath, Girros, Behemoth that I new damage would make a huge difference because Bows run on elemental and Tarroth was the strongest. ATKulve happened and I soon got all the Kjarr Bows, the Water being one of the first.

I'm kinda glad I got the Kjarr better than the Tarroth one. Just have patience and enjoy the game. Who knows, maybe you'll never get the water DBs but instead get a better version. (Hint:Icebourne)
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
2 months ago#3
You use Water over Mire? That's...f***in' weird.
100% Affinity and Health Aug w/27 Water > 80% Affinity and Health Aug or 90% Affinity and no Health Aug w/35 Water. That's not even including having to set in RE3 that'll probably cost some Handicraft and more likely than not CB3 or PP3 or even MR3.

I guess 30 hits of White is probably fine since most things die in like a minute or three anyways.
Also yah, RNG sucks.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: AceTrainerKV

AceTrainerKV
2 months ago#4
It sure would be swell if we could craft KT weapons. Like in exchange for hundreds of materials so those who have grinded her for dozens and dozens of hours with no luck can actually catch a break.

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
2 months ago#5
I'm a DB main and I was lucky enough to get all of the Kjarr DBs in the first 2 days (except Spark). Water was actually on my 2nd Siege run.

It did take me almost a week and dozens of runs to finally get Spark. And then I got another in the next run.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: xo0Achilles0ox

xo0Achilles0ox
2 months ago#6
AceTrainerKV posted...
It sure would be swell if we could craft KT weapons. Like in exchange for hundreds of materials so those who have grinded her for dozens and dozens of hours with no luck can actually catch a break.

That will never happen. Because if so, this wouldn't happen:

Exo_Icarus posted...
I spent this entire afternoon and evening bullying the living hell out of this poor animal

User Info: NJolly

NJolly
2 months ago#7
I had this with the spark insect glaive, took me until now of running KT 1-3 times per average a day to finally get it. I'm missing a few other ones now, but nothing that mattered as much as that.
MHW (PS4); PSN: EhnJolly; IGN: Rosa
Main: DB/IG/Lance/LBG/HGB/GS

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
2 months ago#8
The RNG hasn't been bad for me...yet.

I have consistently run Dual Blades 300 hours now, across hundreds of hunts. Figured I'd have a pain in the ass time of getting them since I started Kulve on Saturday.

So far in that time I've gotten roughly half of the 21 DB options. Including Kjarr Daggers "Ice"/"Water" and the "Dragon" I just got yesterday literally to take into AT Zorah.

The only type I've gotten more of is the Greatsword, by two. Everything else so far has been at 8 pieces or less.

Maybe RNGesus is rewarding me for playing through the entire game solo to this point.

Of course, I'm hoping to get some more Bows (7 of 19), Glaives (4 of 20), and Hunting Horns (3 of 20). Because I'd like to learn them.

Oddly enough, the only groups I haven't received a Kjarr for yet are Light Bowgun, Hunting Horn, and Gunlance.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
2 months ago#9
And this is just the high rank version of ATKT. Wait till Iceborne comes expanding the game. Will we be able to upgrade these weapons we collected? Or are we to toss out these old one just to go back to the RNG grind for master rank gear?
"People's opinion are like chains, they can pull you along or hold you down." Commander, MHW

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
2 months ago#10
There needs to be a mate to Kulve.

You've hacked her tail, broken her horns. Now her mate's pissed and on a rampage.

Random Ice or Fire breath, tail swipes, and rolling like Kulve does.

Phase 1: tracks and a diamond hard ice coating to be broken off, weakness to fire.

Phase 2: fury mode, weakness to thunder or dragon.

New master rank Taroth set with ice theme and a sheen of frost on it.

A separate siege from Kulve.

Trashy R7 weapons.
New Iceoth R8's
and the AT rewards are master rank

Make it take place in a 4-5 area Ice Cavern, the ice of the walls can have ground particles of diamond or platinum to make them tougher, which forms the Ice-oth's coating.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. When there's that ONE last KT weapon you need..
  • Topic Archived