• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Anyone here only uses one type of weapon for everything?

User Info: EHnter

EHnter
2 months ago#1
I've only used Dual Blades for literally everything. Single and Multiplayer. Extremoth, ATs, everything. I've gotten used to monster patterns, so I know how to evade nearly everything and never spam demon dance all the time.

I just wish DBs users never get any prejudice for using them.

User Info: Lyalius

Lyalius
2 months ago#2
I used to until I realized that Diablos is a thousand times easier with a lance than my IG. I can just stand in a corner and let them come to me and laugh as they ran into my shield and do nothing.

Now I'm just messing around with different weapons for fun.

It's hard using the GS and Gunlance because I'm so used to the mobility of the IG :/

User Info: EHnter

EHnter
2 months ago#3
Lyalius posted...
I used to until I realized that Diablos is a thousand times easier with a lance than my IG. I can just stand in a corner and let them come to me and laugh as they ran into my shield and do nothing.

Now I'm just messing around with different weapons for fun.

It's hard using the GS and Gunlance because I'm so used to the mobility of the IG :/

I agree. I like using very mobile weapons like DB, IG and maybe Bow. If I'm forced to to use them in Arenas

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
2 months ago#4
I have never equipped a switch axe ever. Like never used one since MHTri. Even my guild card still has zero in the swaxe use. Only time I ever used it was back in mh3u arena where I HAD to use it to get the earrings.
"People's opinion are like chains, they can pull you along or hold you down." Commander, MHW

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
2 months ago#5
I solo'd with DBs all my life.
Until Pickle came around. Then I learned GL, CB, LS and eventually most of the others, too.
Looking at it now, Pickle's kinda easy to pick on even with DBs, but the initial ass beating I got was a good prompt to try out the other weapons.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
2 months ago#6
Unbound-King posted...
I solo'd with DBs all my life.
Until Pickle came around. Then I learned GL, CB, LS and eventually most of the others, too.
Looking at it now, Pickle's kinda easy to pick on even with DBs, but the initial ass beating I got was a good prompt to try out the other weapons.

Pickle was fun using his own DBs on. Heavenly dance was just too fun.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
2 months ago#7
Hundreds of hunts with DBs. Wanna try others, will before Iceborne maybe.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: ThiefKorin

ThiefKorin
2 months ago#8
I've always done IG ever since it first popped up.

Then when Dante's event came around I tried out the Charge Blade and loved it. Now with the Witcher event going on, I'm going to experiment with SnS.
Take solace in the fact that Saint Sakurai has blessed me with all my most wanted characters for Smash Ultimate.

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
2 months ago#9
I usually use DB for solo, except for Kirin. In multiplayer, I change between DB, LBG and HBG.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Violet_Shadow

Violet_Shadow
2 months ago#10
EHnter posted...
I've only used Dual Blades for literally everything. Single and Multiplayer. Extremoth, ATs, everything. I've gotten used to monster patterns, so I know how to evade nearly everything and never spam demon dance all the time.

I just wish DBs users never get any prejudice for using them.

I'm the same, TC. DB-user since I first created my main Hunter, have only used them with that character(sans set equipment in Arena Quests where DBs where unavailable) and don't see myself switching anytime soon... especially to SnS (thanks to the Witcher Quest).
Signed: ~The Violet Shadow, "Shadows never die, they merely fade into the darkness..."
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Anyone here only uses one type of weapon for everything?
  • Topic Archived