You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Health Boost 3 yay or nay

User Info: SlyGamer1979

SlyGamer1979
1 week ago#21
Button_Masher_Z posted...
I think the distribution will look as it does now in general. People will slowly move from "always," to "sometimes" to "never," but each step will filter more people to those who don't want to move to that next step for whatever reason. I personally probably won't leave "sometimes," not because I can't get better, but because some sets I've made have nothing more to add but HB.

It took me awhile before i stopped using divine protection 3, but i doubt i'd really give up HB3 completely but i don't have it on a handful of builds because that extra 50HP is a nice buffer.
PSN & Steam SlyFox5679
Pogo FC 0872-0562-8353

User Info: Wasabi_Syn

Wasabi_Syn
1 week ago#22
Against ATs and on Ranged weapons, yes.
Non-ATs or melee weapons in general, not so much.
PSN & NNID: WasabiSyn
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5580-8486-4216

User Info: orphanjohn

orphanjohn
1 week ago#23
SlyGamer1979 posted...
I think the distribution will look as it does now in general. People will slowly move from "always," to "sometimes" to "never," but each step will filter more people to those who don't want to move to that next step for whatever reason. I personally probably won't leave "sometimes," not because I can't get better, but because some sets I've made have nothing more to add but HB.

It took me awhile before i stopped using divine protection 3, but i doubt i'd really give up HB3 completely but i don't have it on a handful of builds because that extra 50HP is a nice buffer.

I just recently dropped Devine Blessing also. HB stays though because s*** will happen and I don't want to cart.
PSN: OrphanFromdabloc
Home Alone is just the kids version of Die Hard.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#24
Surprised how many people said "yes" for all builds.

I do use it, but I find it a waste for regular Tempered monsters and lower.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
Sirk posted...
Surprised how many people said "yes" for all builds.

I do use it, but I find it a waste for regular Tempered monsters and lower.

Just wait, for some weapons, the only real upgrades left to give them are peak protection and defensive stuff. Drachen 2.0 will come with crit eye 7, health boost 3, crit boost 3, master's touch, and max might 3.

It won't... but you have to admit drachen is kinda silly.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Momolante

Momolante
1 week ago#26
I would have to go with sometimes, and by sometimes I mean maybe 5% of the time. I can only think of 1-faint TED investigations or something like Behemoth/Extremoth as motives for running it.

With Temporal mantle, Rocksteady mantle, and Health Augment, I find it very difficult to justify running on every set. Surprised by the amount of yes votes tbh.

User Info: synklare

synklare
1 week ago#27

I feel 'sometimes' is best really.

I have no issues slotting it in either.

On my TSF setup, I don't use Drachen (primarily because I like to run my own build instead of relying on meta, no offense to those who follow it though) and opt for this instead.

TSF - Health Augment - Vitality
Kaiser Crown Y - Crit Boost / Vitality
Kulve Taroth's Ire B - Atk / Atk
Kaiser Vambraces Y - Weakness Exp
Kulve Taroth's Malice Y - Weakness Exp
Kaiser Greaves Y - Elementless / Vit
Atk Charm + 3

Gives me -

Critical Eye 7
Attack Boost 5
Health Boost 3
Critical Boost 3
Weakness Exploit 3
Stun Resistance 2
Non-elemental Boost
Master's Touch

Not optimal my any means, but I like it. If I wanted to avoid stun altogether, I could just drop an Atk jewel and throw one resist jewel in there. It's only there because no other chest apart from Drachen gives crit boost and I've already hit 7CE with Kaiser so, may as well have utility with stun.
For Honor, Elite Dangerous & Anthem Discord - https://discord.gg/GduTUBB
The Savage Legion

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#28
Not at all, I find it to be a waste.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: ReSe2k

ReSe2k
1 week ago#29
RGM-79_GM_Pilot posted...
okidori4life posted...
Raltrios posted...
TheSoldierChris posted...
tokerblue posted...
AT, yes. Everything else, not really.

Pretty much.

User Info: Lyalius

Lyalius
1 week ago#30
Everyone who said "No not at all" are the ones who get kicked for dying in one shot lol
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Health Boost 3 yay or nay