You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Nekker not spawning
KazukiYotsuga posted...
beansncornbread posted...
ngoster posted...
MHW: Nekker Endemic Life Location
Nekker
Firstly, check your hunter’s notebook under classified life to find the Nekker entry. It will imply that the Nekker is not hunting and instead is foraging in Ancient Forest after dark. The best way to get all the right conditions is by undertaking the Optional Quest: Hard to Swallow. Taking this quest will check off the 3 conditions we need:

Quest/Expedition in the Ancient Forest
A Great Jagras
Night time
Proceed taking quests and leaving from them until you get a dusk time (sunset). Start a Hard to Swallow then go back to Astera until it hits night time. Leave your Palico behind for precaution and make sure you bring your Ghillie Mantle. Select Camp 1 and start the quest. Head to Quadrant 1 and wait for the Great Jagras to come to the area. Leave him be allowing him to eat and grow fat.

Stalk the Great Jagras from a distance as he head back to his nest. Put on your Ghillie mantle and stay near the entrence of the nest and gaze upon the Great Jagras puking up some meat for the Jagras. The Nekker should also spawn in and rush over to the wet meat greedily eating. Capture him with the Capture Net and complete the quest.

I will do this when I get home, hopefully this works

Before the Great Jagras returns to regurgitate, kill the small Jagras/make them flee so they don't eat the food.

Actually that has no bearing on it because the Nekker should spawn in as soon as G. Jagras roars to summon the others for the food. After the roar it pops up out of the ground and eats the meat along with the jagras.

Well then I have a false positive because it never showed for me before doing that.
Justice served with a side of biscuits!---

User Info: KazukiYotsuga

KazukiYotsuga
1 week ago#12
KazukiYotsuga posted...
ngoster posted...
MHW: Nekker Endemic Life Location
Nekker
Firstly, check your hunter’s notebook under classified life to find the Nekker entry. It will imply that the Nekker is not hunting and instead is foraging in Ancient Forest after dark. The best way to get all the right conditions is by undertaking the Optional Quest: Hard to Swallow. Taking this quest will check off the 3 conditions we need:

Quest/Expedition in the Ancient Forest
A Great Jagras
Night time
Proceed taking quests and leaving from them until you get a dusk time (sunset). Start a Hard to Swallow then go back to Astera until it hits night time. Leave your Palico behind for precaution and make sure you bring your Ghillie Mantle. Select Camp 1 and start the quest. Head to Quadrant 1 and wait for the Great Jagras to come to the area. Leave him be allowing him to eat and grow fat.

Stalk the Great Jagras from a distance as he head back to his nest. Put on your Ghillie mantle and stay near the entrence of the nest and gaze upon the Great Jagras puking up some meat for the Jagras. The Nekker should also spawn in and rush over to the wet meat greedily eating. Capture him with the Capture Net and complete the quest.

I will do this when I get home, hopefully this works

Before the Great Jagras returns to regurgitate, kill the small Jagras/make them flee so they don't eat the food.

Actually that has no bearing on it because the Nekker should spawn in as soon as G. Jagras roars to summon the others for the food. After the roar it pops up out of the ground and eats the meat along with the jagras.

Well then I have a false positive because it never showed for me before doing that.

I think one of the main checks is like how close you are to the edge of the bush you are hiding in or something as I always hide toward the back of the bush out of line of sight using the giant tree. When I stood toward the front of the bush near the root close to were G. Jagras pukes the Nekkar popped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OIWfMGH62k See how the screen blackens when hiding in the bush. Every so often I'd be in the bush but my camera angle was weird and I wasn't getting that effect. The moment I changed camera position and got that effect the little bugger spawned and ran in. It seems to have a very very picky mechanic/positioning requirement.
Xbox One GT:TsukunexMoka
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Zennou

Zennou
1 week ago#13
It's way easier to just not enter the area. Let Jagras get fat, and sit under/behind the area transition vines with Ghillie on instead of going in behind or ahead of it. Got all of them I wanted to get just being patient and willing to keep my distance.
We leap from dream to dream, and today we dream anew.

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 week ago#14
I did it once... got the nekker.

I tried again to get a 2nd one, didn't show up.

Do you have to wait for another day cycle?
Not early sure the rules on getting it multiple times.

User Info: KazukiYotsuga

KazukiYotsuga
1 week ago#15
DarxWingDuck posted...
I did it once... got the nekker.

I tried again to get a 2nd one, didn't show up.

Do you have to wait for another day cycle?
Not early sure the rules on getting it multiple times.

Not sure on multiple catches I know I had 2 appear in the same cycle I missed with the net cause I was too far away on first appearance. G. Jagras came back around and did the puke again and it respawned and I caught that one. Afterwards I just left the expedition. Only endemic life I still have yet to catch is the Tsuchinoko. I've checked everywhere people say it spawns during Kulve fights and still have yet to find one.
Xbox One GT:TsukunexMoka

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
1 week ago#16
Do you have to finish the Witcher event first? I've failed it twice (died once, ran out of time the 2nd) and haven't had time to try again yet. These 60-minute hunts must compete with real-life activities.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Zennou

Zennou
1 week ago#17
Placid01 posted...
Do you have to finish the Witcher event first? I've failed it twice (died once, ran out of time the 2nd) and haven't had time to try again yet. These 60-minute hunts must compete with real-life activities.

You have to exhaust optional dialogue with the Endemic Life researcher so she tells Geralt about the Nekker. After that it will show up in your Endemic Life list under Unclassified even though you haven't caught it. Once you have that entry it will appear.
We leap from dream to dream, and today we dream anew.

User Info: ngoster

ngoster
1 week ago#18
I got it

Used the Ghillie Mantle, didn't clear the area, just hid in the bush with the mantle

I did the same tactic for cycle 2, didn't work, so i'm guessing 1 per expedition

Reset it, went for another one, same tactic work

Thanks for all the help
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Nekker not spawning