You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Nekker not spawning

User Info: ngoster

ngoster
1 week ago#1
I got the quest for the nekker.

Waited to night time, followed the jagras spit out the food, nekker never showed up

Did both hr and lr 2-3 times, never spawned. What am i missing here?

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 week ago#2
Did you wait a 2nd time?
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Nfj914

Nfj914
1 week ago#3
did you use the ghillie mantle? could be random too but i got it first go.

edit: i just sat in a bush next to where jagras spits the food out only bout a min or so waiting but seems yo work this way.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: KazukiYotsuga

KazukiYotsuga
1 week ago#4
I had the same issue, but if you get it so the screen goes sort of black as you are hiding Nekker will show. Seems really picky about that. As I was in the bush hidden, but the black border on the screen never showed. When I changed camera for it to as soon as G. Jagras spit the food out Nekker popped.
Xbox One GT:TsukunexMoka

ngoster
1 week ago#5
I did sit in the bush for 2 cycles of the jagras spitting out his food, never showed up. I also sat at 3 diff bush locations, no spawn. I am doing this at night time.

I will try to kill the baby jagras first and camp the bush and see what happens.

User Info: nightviz

nightviz
1 week ago#6
i cant find the nekker either and i am not sure if quest active for me

some said you have to go through the whole conversation with the first researcher in the witcher quest and i did that the first time but skipped some in my second run and i think that nullified the quest

i wonder if i can activate it by simply going through that convo with the researcher and then quitting the quest...
It didn't show up on my 1st try either even though I fullfillled all requirements.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

ngoster
1 week ago#8
MHW: Nekker Endemic Life Location
Nekker
Firstly, check your hunter’s notebook under classified life to find the Nekker entry. It will imply that the Nekker is not hunting and instead is foraging in Ancient Forest after dark. The best way to get all the right conditions is by undertaking the Optional Quest: Hard to Swallow. Taking this quest will check off the 3 conditions we need:

Quest/Expedition in the Ancient Forest
A Great Jagras
Night time
Proceed taking quests and leaving from them until you get a dusk time (sunset). Start a Hard to Swallow then go back to Astera until it hits night time. Leave your Palico behind for precaution and make sure you bring your Ghillie Mantle. Select Camp 1 and start the quest. Head to Quadrant 1 and wait for the Great Jagras to come to the area. Leave him be allowing him to eat and grow fat.

Stalk the Great Jagras from a distance as he head back to his nest. Put on your Ghillie mantle and stay near the entrence of the nest and gaze upon the Great Jagras puking up some meat for the Jagras. The Nekker should also spawn in and rush over to the wet meat greedily eating. Capture him with the Capture Net and complete the quest.

I will do this when I get home, hopefully this works
ngoster posted...
Nekker
Firstly, check your hunter’s notebook under classified life to find the Nekker entry. It will imply that the Nekker is not hunting and instead is foraging in Ancient Forest after dark. The best way to get all the right conditions is by undertaking the Optional Quest: Hard to Swallow. Taking this quest will check off the 3 conditions we need:

A Great Jagras
Night time
Proceed taking quests and leaving from them until you get a dusk time (sunset). Start a Hard to Swallow then go back to Astera until it hits night time. Leave your Palico behind for precaution and make sure you bring your Ghillie Mantle. Select Camp 1 and start the quest. Head to Quadrant 1 and wait for the Great Jagras to come to the area. Leave him be allowing him to eat and grow fat.

Stalk the Great Jagras from a distance as he head back to his nest. Put on your Ghillie mantle and stay near the entrence of the nest and gaze upon the Great Jagras puking up some meat for the Jagras. The Nekker should also spawn in and rush over to the wet meat greedily eating. Capture him with the Capture Net and complete the quest.

Before the Great Jagras returns to regurgitate, kill the small Jagras/make them flee so they don't eat the food.
Justice served with a side of biscuits!---

User Info: KazukiYotsuga

KazukiYotsuga
1 week ago#10
beansncornbread posted...
ngoster posted...
Nekker

A Great Jagras
Night time

Before the Great Jagras returns to regurgitate, kill the small Jagras/make them flee so they don't eat the food.

Actually that has no bearing on it because the Nekker should spawn in as soon as G. Jagras roars to summon the others for the food. After the roar it pops up out of the ground and eats the meat along with the jagras.
Xbox One GT:TsukunexMoka
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Nekker not spawning