You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So can you fight normal Kulve anymore?

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 week ago#41
I think sometimes kicking is justified. When i was doing some runs earlia, i was in a pursuit 5 with a team and there was a player named "Jamie" who used a CB and carted 3 times in a 4 death run and all 3 were to the lava breath. Sadly one of our other players also died but luckily the siege didn't end and i managed to join another pursuit 6 run. So, on the next run, one of the same players from before and Jamie joined again and i told the host to kick Jamie at the start, he didn't until he predictably died to the lava again. After that i basically said something along the lines of "kick him before he ruins the run". He did and we managed to complete the quest for a full level 17 including tail breakage with 3 of us.

If that Jamie player happens to read this then sorry dude but i'm had no patience for carrying you any further, go watch a youtube video and learn that attack or play with an easier weapon to dodge it. You were dying literally every time he used it.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U
(edited 1 week ago)
Terenigma posted...
I think sometimes kicking is justified. When i was doing some runs earlia, i was in a pursuit 5 with a team and there was a player named "Jamie" who used a CB and carted 3 times in a 4 death run and all 3 were to the lava breath. Sadly one of our other players also died but luckily the siege didn't end and i managed to join another pursuit 6 run. So, on the next run, one of the same players from before and Jamie joined again and i told the host to kick Jamie at the start, he didn't until he predictably died to the lava again. After that i basically said something along the lines of "kick him before he ruins the run". He did and we managed to complete the quest for a full level 17 including tail breakage with 3 of us.

If that Jamie player happens to read this then sorry dude but i'm had no patience for carrying you any further, go watch a youtube video and learn that attack or play with an easier weapon to dodge it. You were dying literally every time he used it.

I have to say, I have guard pointed fire before...

It was about as effective as you'd think. I don't do that anymore.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: synklare

synklare
1 week ago#43
Honestly, most people seem to die to fire against her in my experience.

Leads me to believe they're not running good enough fire res to mitigate the ticks or fireproof mantle + no vitality boost.

I honestly don't care enough to b**** about a failed session, but it does leave me scratching my head sometimes.
For Honor, Elite Dangerous & Anthem Discord - https://discord.gg/GduTUBB
The Savage Legion

User Info: Silkkeri

Silkkeri
1 week ago#44
sp0rklez posted...
See, people threatening to kick people over what their weapon is, is why I'm so timid about trying KT at all.
I was just like you for the longest time. I've made a habit of soloing everything until I'm 100% sure I know what I'm doing so I won't be "that guy" when playing with others. With Kulve I always thought it was impossible for some reason and skipped it altogether.

Until today. I started looking up some cool new weapons to try and all these Kulve weapons just kept popping up. I got tired of playing with inferior weapons so I decided to finally try the siege. First I checked a video on youtube, then I made 2 loadouts for different phases and after that I initiated the siege alone so I could get comfortable with the map etc. A bit later I joined a random kulve session and finished four sieges without any real issues. Sure, I was confused at times and most likely the least useful member of my groups in many occasions, but I pulled my weight and only carted twice.

I'd suggest just go for it. It's kinda fun actually and you can just follow the others and see what they do if you feel lost.

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
1 week ago#45
sp0rklez posted...
See, people threatening to kick people over what their weapon is, is why I'm so timid about trying KT at all.

On one hand I see tons of friendly people offering to help out noobs and teach them, and on the other there are elitist players who want things done a very specific way. Its a little off-putting.

Get a GameFAQs room going. People don't get kicked.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
1 week ago#46
sp0rklez posted...

On one hand I see tons of friendly people offering to help out noobs and teach them, and on the other there are elitist players who want things done a very specific way. Its a little off-putting.

Doesnt help KT in general is either Empress Styx and now Kjarr Thunder/Ice CBs or gtfo.

Sucks for them as im proud spin2win, no doubt to the dismay of the GFaq'ers i hunted with en-masse :P
Troll slayer Cate: the hero Gamefaqs needs, but certainty not the one it deserves.
Ya'all need more pizza.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#47
Most of the time you won't be kicked for weapon type, but you will be kicked for wasting status effects. For example, I kick people for using sleep weapons or mounting in area 1, but I would not kick you for using an SnS, even though I personally find the SnS to be mostly useless.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/
Catmeister posted...
sp0rklez posted...

Doesnt help KT in general is either Empress Styx and now Kjarr Thunder/Ice CBs or gtfo.

Sucks for them as im proud spin2win, no doubt to the dismay of the GFaq'ers i hunted with en-masse :P

SAE-oof, DB stunlock

Thanks!

Though it never made the difference between a break or not...
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: sp0rklez

sp0rklez
1 week ago#49
I didn't mean to go off track in your thread TC. I normally play 99% of games I buy solo, so playing with other people has been a fun and different experience for me, but I'm still pretty shy about it. I don't want to be "that" person who carts repeatedly and ruins a quest for other people, but I also don't want to get treated like dirt because I may not know what I'm doing, ya know?

I've been doing some Youtube research, and I'm trying to get the materials to make a better LBG to at least attempt it a few times before the event ends. I still haven't unlocked augmenting either, unfortunately.
So the biggest things I need to remember are part breaker and thunder, correct? I assume that [Empress Shell "Styx"] is what I will need, correct? Will a part breaker charm work or is that not enough?

Sorry to hijack your thread TC. I just wanna get in on this great loot before KT goes away for however long and I need to stop being afraid to just jump in and try, but I wanna be prepared.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#50
@sp0rklez

Create two loadouts.

#1: Fire resistance to at least 20 to avoid fireblight, Thunder weapon, Partbreaker, health boost can also help out.

This set is your starter set. While gathering tracks, and bashing on her gold coat. Thunder does even better when she gets hot and bothered.

#2: Same fire resistance, can drop partbreaker now, health boost to stay in. Ice weapon

Get back to camp and swap to this set as soon as her armor explodes. Ice does much more damage to her now.

Any amount of partbreaker helps. 3 is best, but if you don't have jewels/charm/armor to make it work, don't let it bother you.

High defense is what you want most. If you have any R8 pieces that you can augment unlock at the smithy, to jack up their defense.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So can you fight normal Kulve anymore?