You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So can you fight normal Kulve anymore?

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 week ago#1
Honestly i hate Arch Tempered monsters in this game, they are no fun and i only do them to get the unlocks from them and then i never fight them again and i've been giving this break for a while and see that there is now an AT Kulve.

I used to enjoy this fight but the AT version is cancerous, I could handle occasionally having a 2-time fight but now i can't even get it to level 3 with most groups with 2 runs. I just wanted to try and farm for a weapon that was with the old Kulve so i could enjoy the rest of the game. I'm not interested in challenging myself to overly BS fights, i just wanna enjoy the game.

Is there anyway to go back and fight normal Kulve?
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#2
No, it's been replaced by this version.

I've had some fair luck searching for sessions and joining up with 2-3 others and going in. Most of the ones today they seemed pretty skilled. Few carts, if any, good at breaking the horn and all that.

I had more difficulty in first getting connected to a session, and then actually having anyone doing anything in it besides running other quests waiting for someone else to raise the PL for them.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~
I think it is just for the anniversary event. Kind of. Both versions exists, and will likely rotate in and out. But only one can be active at a time. Currently it is just the AT one. Then it will go away when the event ends. Probably regular one will pop back in in a month, or few weeks, or whenever.
I wear this crown of thorns, upon my liar's chair.

User Info: Zennou

Zennou
1 week ago#4
Rampagingwalrus posted...
I think it is just for the anniversary event. Kind of. Both versions exists, and will likely rotate in and out. But only one can be active at a time. Currently it is just the AT one. Then it will go away when the event ends. Probably regular one will pop back in in a month, or few weeks, or whenever.

Capcom's wording was that AT replaces regular, permanently. If it were going to rotate the way you think, it's had three appearances to start doing so already, but it's not going to.

If you're having trouble raising the Pursuit level to 3 with two groups for AT, then none of you are picking up enough tracks, fullstop. Pursuit 1 you should focus on that and breaking the gold horn plating. Two groups breaking the gold chunk off and picking up tracks should hit 3 no problem.
We leap from dream to dream, and today we dream anew.
(edited 1 week ago)
Zennou posted...

Capcom's wording was that AT replaces regular, permanently. If it were going to rotate the way you think, it's had three appearances to start doing so already, but it's not going to.

Ah, that sucks. AT Kulve is no fun.
I wear this crown of thorns, upon my liar's chair.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#6
Terenigma posted...
now i can't even get it to level 3 with most groups with 2 runs.

That's because it's mostly idiots still running her. They never pick up tracks. They mount in area 1. They chase her into areas alone, and cause a knock down/sleep/paralysis when the team isn't there to capitalize on it. They attack her with weapons and bombs in area 1, which causes her to super heat way too early, so you are screwed when you get to area 2. Etc.

The biggest problem with her though, is that her timer doesn't seem to reset between area 1 and 2 either. Which is what slows down the hunt more than anything else.

I think it is just for the anniversary event. Kind of. Both versions exists

That's not the way it works. AT-KT permanently replaced Kulve.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
1 week ago#7
AT Kulve is almost identical to the standard Kulve in difficulty. The benefit is that the reward drops are much better.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 week ago#8
Don't get all the breaks needed to trigger fury and it's basically old KT.

ATKT gives much better rewards though... I can't imagine actually not wanting to trigger fury.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#9
tokerblue posted...
AT Kulve is almost identical to the standard Kulve in difficulty.

Regular Kulve couldn't OHKO you with a 360 no scope flame laser. Kulve was also easy to get to PL4 in one run.

I think AT-KT might also be faster. She can vomit lava then attack again before the lava clears. I don't remember regular KT being able to do that.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: synklare

synklare
1 week ago#10
Get a room going and post the session ID on here via the topic for it. People here would be happy to help if asked (& of course, available).

AT Kulve may hit harder, but doesn't have much in the way of new moves so, it's the same fight as before more or less.

First run should be focused on getting the horn plating broken off & raising the Pursuit level by gathering tracks. People don't seem particularly keen to gather anything nowadays though.
For Honor, Elite Dangerous & Anthem Discord - https://discord.gg/GduTUBB
The Savage Legion
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So can you fight normal Kulve anymore?