You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. drop what you are doing and farm the Lavasioth event for decorations galore

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
1 week ago#1
Be sure to bring part breaker gear (some people are using Empress Styx just like Kulve) and pickup all the Lavasioth materials that drop too. I just got over 25 decos in a single run, level 2, level 3 that I had never received before from tempered or melding, etc. Screw Kulve, you want to farm Lavasioth before it goes away.
But I hate Lavasioth.
He's the most annoying elder dragon, I swear to god.
3DS FC: 3222-6077-2683

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 week ago#3
Ryo_the_Inferno posted...
But I hate Lavasioth.

Ugh especially with gunners.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
1 week ago#4
But that involves fighting annoying lava fish that still continue to exist in this series.

More Fat Jargas plox
Troll slayer Cate: the hero Gamefaqs needs, but certainty not the one it deserves.
Ya'all need more pizza.

User Info: void_lily

void_lily
1 week ago#5
I'm sure it all just comes down to RNG but I've been getting some great decos from Lavasioth compared to what I got from Greatest Jagras, including my first ever Crit Boost.
Living monster of the night, you made me what I am today. You don't have to scream and shout, in this silent place

User Info: tezzilla

tezzilla
1 week ago#6
But I hate Lavasioth.

Hes not an elder...
"I can understand you wanting to kill yourself, but can't you think of another way to commit suicide?" Duo Maxwell
tezzilla posted...
But I hate Lavasioth.

Hes not an elder...

He's the most difficult fight in the game, of course he's an elder dragon.
3DS FC: 3222-6077-2683

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
1 week ago#8
void_lily posted...
I'm sure it all just comes down to RNG but I've been getting some great decos from Lavasioth compared to what I got from Greatest Jagras, including my first ever Crit Boost.

I only did that fight a couple of times and didn't get the rain of decos like this fight. Maybe I just missed out and so skipped what would have been a bonanza?!

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#9
Greatest Jagras puked up 30 a run, mostly mysterious/glowing, a handful of worn/warped.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: Ad-vice

Ad-vice
1 week ago#10
@kasplat360 You can check out some youtube vids of it to see what you missed. There were 2 main strategies depending on how fast you could clear the quest.
1. After he eats you let him do his puke attack which will let you pick up 30 varying quality decorations over time.
2. You kill him so fast you get the better quality quest rewards quickly and the 10 randoms he pukes up as he dies.

It was the best decoration farming quest.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. drop what you are doing and farm the Lavasioth event for decorations galore