You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Taroth Strongarm "Horn" still the best?

User Info: DemocracyV2

DemocracyV2
1 week ago#11
MegalaserLAWS posted...
You want kjarr ice, thunder, fire, water, dragon.

Look, Elemental Chargeblade are s***. I recently used the Deviljho CB on Deviljho himself, Ate for Felyne Bombadier, And my phials were only doing like 50's, Yes I had artillery and all the normal CB skills, The StrongArm Horn hits for like 80+.

Elemental CB still suck, The only two worth getting are thunder and ice and they are only worth using on Kulve because she is super weak to elements.
DemocracyV2 posted...
MegalaserLAWS posted...

Look, Elemental Chargeblade are s***. I recently used the Deviljho CB on Deviljho himself, Ate for Felyne Bombadier, And my phials were only doing like 50's, Yes I had artillery and all the normal CB skills, The StrongArm Horn hits for like 80+.

Elemental CB still suck, The only two worth getting are thunder and ice and they are only worth using on Kulve because she is super weak to elements.

Of course jho's CB is s***. You really do need the kjarr CBs if you want to go element with CB. I'm not sure if they actually outdo raw in most cases, but they get reasonable numbers if you use the right ones. I think someone was talking about sniping kirin's head with a fire CB, but I can't find videos :/
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#13
DemocracyV2 posted...

I don't know if Kjarr Strongarm "Spark" is only good against KT, but Kjarr Strongarm "Ice" is definitely good for more than KT. Although it is certainly good for that.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: bassyura

bassyura
1 week ago#14
Kjarr Strongarm "Ice" hits hard against anything weak to ice: Diablos(Black) and Lunastra, maybe Teo but is in competition with "Water" that has natural white and doesn't need as many element attack decos. Everything else is meh unless the monster has an average HZV of 20 or more to a given element. You will prolly still use Tyrannis II against Kush, Jho, Vaal for example.
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!

User Info: Momolante

Momolante
1 week ago#15
DemocracyV2 posted...
MegalaserLAWS posted...

Isn't Jho CB element phial? Artillery doesn't apply to element phials. Neither does Felyne Bombardier. You would have wanted Dragon Attack instead. But I will second that Tyrannis/Horn is probably still better anyway.

Gonna have to join the chorus here: Tyrannis/Horn can only be beaten by a few elemental CBs on certain monsters. Luna/Xeno CB is second impact CB in line IMO. Anything else and you are probably gimping yourself.
bassyura posted...
Kjarr Strongarm "Ice" hits hard against anything weak to ice: Diablos(Black) and Lunastra, maybe Teo but is in competition with "Water" that has natural white and doesn't need as many element attack decos. Everything else is meh unless the monster has an average HZV of 20 or more to a given element. You will prolly still use Tyrannis II against Kush, Jho, Vaal for example.

Water can't nearly reach the same elemental values as ice though. Unless your raw is making up for it in the melee parts of the CB, Ice will be better for things similarly weak. In other words, teo.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: wooty2

wooty2
1 week ago#17
DemocracyV2 posted...
MegalaserLAWS posted...

Artillery does not increase element phial damage. Only increasing elemental damage will do that. The Kulve Ice Charge blade does absolutely phenomenal against anything that is weak enough to ice. You can easily hit over 300 damage on a single phial on certain parts of diablos's body. Lunastra takes damage in the upper 100s and even over 200 on certain parts. So it's definitely not just useful for kulve.

User Info: Armedragon

Armedragon
1 week ago#18
I was getting 129 per phial on fat Jagras with the new Kjárr CB. I still need to test it against Vaal and Kirin. And before Kjárr Ice dropped for me the Kjárr Water was already doing good damage on Teostra.
MHW IGN: Mizuki
PSN: AnthonyKied (not a native English speaker but if you want to point out my grammar mistakes do it in a constructive way)

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
1 week ago#19
Diablos CB is pretty much the same as the "Horn" Kulve one in all meaningful ways, in case you don't have the Kulve CB.

The Kjárr elemental CBs might have niche uses against monsters weak to their element. The Ice one is particularly noticeable, as it has double (!) the amount of the Ice as the craftable Ice CB. This allows for completely bonkers damage on Ice weak monsters. Diablos, for example, takes upwards of 200 damage per phial burst from a SAED. s***'s crazy.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Taroth Strongarm "Horn" still the best?