You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Taroth Strongarm "Horn" still the best?

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#1
I am a SA main. Since I believe they compete for augment stones, I never really messed with or followed the CB meta before, but I just got a Taroth Strongarm "Horn" for the first time.

Is this still the best CB around? What is the best CB meta set currently?
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#2
Has the CB fallen out of favor?
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#3
Top 3

Taroth Strongarm "Horn": A straight upgrade in the strictest sense, free defense on an already top class weapon gives the weapon a little extra. It even comes with extra ice element for awakening should you feel the need to awaken it. The min-maxer in me says no, but it is still a little stronger in that department than the original. Unless you really hate the gold on this weapon, an easy keep.

Taroth Strongarm "Crusher": I struggled a bit with this one, but given that most people play Charge Blade with at least a moderate focus on phial attacks, adding more power behind them seems solid. It comes at a kind of steep cost of two Lvl 2 Slots, but I'd say it earns its place as a slightly less flexible but more powerful variant of the Dodogama weapon.

Taroth Strongarm "Claw": As with the previous section, this one relies a bit on the information provided being a bit unclear. Previous Odogaron variants needed only Handicraft 1 to gain white sharpness, so I took a bit of a logical step on this one. Kinda comes with the territory of trying to do this so early on in the event's timing. If that is true, you have what I consider to be a very good non-elemental charge blade, tailor-made to go into a high crit set. With so many ways to preserve slivers of white sharpness, it is a solid option to contrast with its more raw focused option in the Diablos line.

This is from an Analysis post on Reddit for Kulve items. Doesn't include Kjarr stuff, but says here Horn is in the top 3 of Charge Blades.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
1 week ago#4
You want kjarr ice, thunder, fire, water, dragon.

User Info: Somedude9

Somedude9
1 week ago#5
I’m a CB main, and IMO Horn is the best no brain option. However elemental CB(if you’re packing Kjárr otherwise go impact phial) is now fairly good against monsters with a consistent 3 star weakness to a certain element.

Impact phial still gives you CC options because of KO potential, but elemental phial damage can now easily go over 100 damage again
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 week ago#6
MegalaserLAWS posted...
You want kjarr ice, thunder, fire, water, dragon.

I haven't messed with CB at all but I also remember reading that some of kjarr drops were quite good.

Better? Certainly not overall but maybe situationally.

The game is better with elemental and raw options now... I'm digging the variety.

User Info: puffyfish

puffyfish
1 week ago#7
You can use the kjarr for even more damage in limited situations. I use ice critical element CB for kulve and it does massive damage.

I did 120 damage with a guard point. Can't do that with impact CB.
Granted I have 620 ice element and 50% affinity with weakness exploit.

puffyfish
1 week ago#8
Rhiethreal posted...
Has the CB fallen out of favor?

It was only popular when the game first dropped and it was setting time attack records all over.
I think they patched the damage slightly and people found out that other weapons can do even more damage.

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
1 week ago#9
I think ice can even out damage on 2 star monsters cause it's stats are crazy good. It's got 480 ice and still has good raw with I think 20affinity still. It's element is ridiculously high compared to other charge and it doesn't really pay a price for it.

puffyfish
1 week ago#10
Finally an elemental CB that can out-damage impact. I like using guard up and guard point everything with elemental
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Taroth Strongarm "Horn" still the best?