• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. % of male/female avatars

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#1
Does this data exist?
I am curious to know the actual %'s

To me it seems like 99% of females created a female avatar and roughly 50% of males created a female avatar.

Im not exactly sure why, I could hazard some guesses, but I think the player base on MHW is probably more male than female, but it seems to me there are far more female avatars than male.

Agree? disagree? Thoughts?

User Info: Level_99_E-Girl

Level_99_E-Girl
4 weeks ago#2
I enjoyed the prospect of making a very pretty female character and leaving her only in Kirin armour and then moving to a new save file for actual gameplay, using the female save for extra-curricular activities in a dark room, away from the disappointment of my parents and friends.
Boosted Support main :^)

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
4 weeks ago#3
Level_99_E-Girl posted...
I enjoyed the prospect of making a very pretty female character and leaving her only in Kirin armour and then moving to a new save file for actual gameplay, using the female save for extra-curricular activities in a dark room, away from the disappointment of my parents and friends.

Hm? How can you see in a dark room?
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
4 weeks ago#4
I just find females easier to look at.

User Info: gregamasta

gregamasta
4 weeks ago#5

Kinda the same except I swap the Kirin coil piece for Jho's belt and hide the helm. I actually use it but only for solo hunts where I know I won't get smacked around for not having a proper build or when I'm out gathering.

Also cuz I legit don't like any of the male armor options.

On topic, I doubt that anybody bothered to properly count the male/female ratio of created characters but as an assumption or at the very least most men I know that play this have a female character. Even most male streamers do.
"If you're so desperate to draft yourself a title, write it in your own blood not others"

User Info: Dunceney

Dunceney
4 weeks ago#6
Semeki posted...

Hm? How can you see in a dark room?

Your screen doesn't emit light?
http://www.pixiv.me/dunceney

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
4 weeks ago#7
You dont need to see in a dark room when doing it thou. =p
Choco Cookies!

User Info: Wasabi_Syn

Wasabi_Syn
4 weeks ago#8
Male w/ male avatar.
Most of the male armor sets just look insanely good.
I have issues with some friends who are male but use female avatars. Its one thing if you just prefer their appearance/armor. But when they start telling me dumb s*** like "I'd rather look at a female avatar's butt the whole game than a male's" then I seriously start questioning their insecurities.
PSN & NNID: WasabiSyn
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5580-8486-4216

User Info: noizedemon

noizedemon
4 weeks ago#9
I don't mean to sound sexist. but I do not enjoy the sight of a male character. so I made my character female and made her as close to my crush as possible. now, I can play MHW all day, no problem.
https://psnprofiles.com/FacistJockGlitch
https://soundcloud.com/noizedemon

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#10
Wasabi_Syn posted...
Male w/ male avatar.
Most of the male armor sets just look insanely good.
I have issues with some friends who are male but use female avatars. Its one thing if you just prefer their appearance/armor. But when they start telling me dumb s*** like "I'd rather look at a female avatar's butt the whole game than a male's" then I seriously start questioning their insecurities.

We're on the same page.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. % of male/female avatars
  • Topic Archived