• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Lunastra tips and tricks for melee?

User Info: CheaterMcCheat

CheaterMcCheat
4 weeks ago#1
Teo's wife is such a b**** to fight for me, my biggest issue is her tail which has an absurd hitbox.

With Teo you can stay in front of him between his front legs and nothing besides his charge will really hit you, does Luna have any spots that are safeish to attack from?

My main issue is the tail I've already mentioned and all her s*** is basically AoE. I would say her tail is what hits me the most, even when I'm near her sides it clips me, as well as her spinning flamethrower, that's carted me a few times as well.

Ranged makes her a joke ofc but I mainly play Switch Axe. Also been using my Strongarm Ice CB against her which does massive damage to her, however, she doesn't leave many openings to SAED.

Any tips for fighting her melee? At the moment she's the only monster that makes me sometimes think "That's bulls***", I've fought everything besides AT monsters as I missed their events apart from Kulve. She's the only thing in game that feels unfair sometimes but maybe with some tips I might do better against her.

I can beat her but she also beats me just as often!

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#2
Earplugs help. Stay to the side of her and attack her legs. The idea is to attack her legs until she falls over them attack her wings. Also mount when you can.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#3
Evade extender 3 really helps with dodging her attacks and positioning.

User Info: Lewkis

Lewkis
4 weeks ago#4
CheaterMcCheat posted...
Also been using my Strongarm Ice CB against her which does massive damage to her, however, she doesn't leave many openings to SAED.

I know you weren't actually looking for combat tips outside of avoiding being hit, but as a fellow CB'er I thought I'd chime in on this. I've recently made a character that is CB-only and decided to primarily use elemental for the fun of it (and it is fun).

Anyway, I've found it better to use AED swings rather than SAED with elemental phials. You get one big hit with 3 phial blasts, which only consumes 1 phial. It leaves you vulnerable for a second or two after, but it's way more consistant to land and still does nice damage.

Of course, if you manage to knock her down, SAED away. The V area of the phials makes it tough to land it efficiently otherwise. Keeping your sword charged and using CED's also keeps you more mobile, which would help avoid taking those hits.

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
4 weeks ago#5
Rhiethreal posted...
Earplugs help. Stay to the side of her and attack her legs. The idea is to attack her legs until she falls over them attack her wings. Also mount when you can.

don't you have to attack the heads of elders to make them fall over?

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#6
Jaegon posted...
Rhiethreal posted...

Not as far as I know. It's just better to attack most of their heads because it is a big weak spot for them. That's not really the case with Luna though.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
4 weeks ago#7
Jaegon posted...
Rhiethreal posted...

Lunastra is the exception.

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
4 weeks ago#8
TrueArchery posted...
Jaegon posted...
Rhiethreal posted...

Lunastra is the exception.

the more you know!

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 weeks ago#9
This is gonna sound kinda odd, but 3 pieces of Kushala for negate all wind effects is really nice because this b****'s wind pressure is some f***in' nonsense.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
4 weeks ago#10
Just jam yourself in the space behind her forelegs and attack her sides. It's not a weak spot but she can't really hit you with much of anything while you're there without re-positioning.
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Lunastra tips and tricks for melee?
  • Topic Archived