• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why don't some people heal themself?

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
4 weeks ago#61
kuroishironeko posted...
I just do not get it. Are so many people that stupid? The red health buff can work, but that's about it. Why do I have to tell an HR 100+ to not stand in front of Black Blos' Charge when he has only a sliver health left. Thank god my Squadmates are not that stupid. Headsets also tend to help.

Unfortunately, the kind of player who is doing a heroic 25 health lunge at the monster isn't likely to be willing to don a headset.

A couple other players have since made the point that Recovery S can be useful. I am a little on the fence about it still, although I think a good and mindful player will be able to use Recovery S much more quickly than somebody who's half-assing the fight.

I would give it a little time and try the non-Recovery S route. If you find over a couple dozen fights that randoms are carting way more without it, well then, go back to Recovery S with no regrets.

LUCKY_CRIT_NOOB posted...
^a quick google search about the specifics of Demon Shot lead me to find... almost no info about it. Supposedly, it stacks with all other attack buffs anyway, so even with a buffed team, it should be efficient to use (with respect to the playstyle), but there's no info on buff duration or anything. Since I've never used it myself, do you know approximately how long the buff lasts? I'm surprised at the lack of testing able to be found on this

The only attack item that doesn't give 10 raw, I believe, is Demondrug, which gives 5. Because Demon S isn't a permanent buff, it probably adds 10 raw, like Might Seed and Demon Powder, and lasts for 3 minutes.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: kuroishironeko

kuroishironeko
4 weeks ago#62
Sirk posted...
I would give it a little time and try the non-Recovery S route. If you find over a couple dozen fights that randoms are carting way more without it, well then, go back to Recovery S with no regrets.

That's exactly what I did. Dropped every support stuff I had and just focused on Crag/Normal/Para/Sleep. Didn't really work out that well. Para and sleep tend to take a bit to stick and that small window is sometimes enough for people to cart. It didn't go that well. When I'm playing with my squadies it works, but with randumbs it's hairpulling.
Souma Ria will forever be my favourite girl

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
4 weeks ago#63
kuroishironeko posted...
Sirk posted...

That's exactly what I did. Dropped every support stuff I had and just focused on Crag/Normal/Para/Sleep. Didn't really work out that well. Para and sleep tend to take a bit to stick and that small window is sometimes enough for people to cart. It didn't go that well. When I'm playing with my squadies it works, but with randumbs it's hairpulling.

Which monsters are you fighting, by the way? High rank monsters, elder dragons, low Tempered stuff, TEDs, AT monsters? If you're fighting non-Tempered wyverns or elder dragons, you are really having a terrible spell of bad luck.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

kuroishironeko
4 weeks ago#64
Sirk posted...
Which monsters are you fighting, by the way? High rank monsters, elder dragons, low Tempered stuff, TEDs, AT monsters? If you're fighting non-Tempered wyverns or elder dragons, you are really having a terrible spell of bad luck.

Mostly HR/T Kirin, HR/T Odo, and Nergigante. People drop like flies to Odo and Kirin, it's not even funny anymore.

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
4 weeks ago#65
Well, that's new. TKirin, sure, but Odo? Hahaha.

kuroishironeko
4 weeks ago#66
roxlimn posted...
Well, that's new. TKirin, sure, but Odo? Hahaha.

You'd be amazed how many people cart to Odo.

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
4 weeks ago#67
How though...I mean, I know I'm on the above average side so I'd find it hard to relate, but since when has Odo been a frequent cart problem? He's more aggressive and jumpy than particularly hard hitting. You sure it's not just a weird streak of coincidence?

Actually, reflecting on the topic title, I can kinda see where the problem would come about. If people aren't healing the combos and bleed could probably whittle them down. Still though...
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
4 weeks ago#68
silverbullet474 posted...
How though...I mean, I know I'm on the above average side so I'd find it hard to relate, but since when has Odo been a frequent cart problem? He's more aggressive and jumpy than particularly hard hitting. You sure it's not just a weird streak of coincidence?

Actually, reflecting on the topic title, I can kinda see where the problem would come about. If people aren't healing the combos and bleed could probably whittle them down. Still though...

I'd speculate that a lot of people got the game for Christmas or during the Steam sale on PC. Probably discounted in stores, too. Lots of new players, even now. About mid-August the pool of LR SOS on PS4 kind of died, and I heard the PC side of that was similar about October ish. But this month the LR SOS assignment lists have been fairly large on PC.

kuroishironeko
4 weeks ago#69
silverbullet474 posted...
How though...

You'd be amazed at how bad some people actually are. And not just noobies. HR50+ has some serious controller throwing people.

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
4 weeks ago#70
roxlimn posted...
I'd speculate that a lot of people got the game for Christmas or during the Steam sale on PC. Probably discounted in stores, too. Lots of new players, even now. About mid-August the pool of LR SOS on PS4 kind of died, and I heard the PC side of that was similar about October ish. But this month the LR SOS assignment lists have been fairly large on PC.

True, I guess there will be regular refreshes of new blood. Tempered farming is late to still have your "sorry, I'm new" card tho

kuroishironeko posted...
You'd be amazed at how bad some people actually are. And not just noobies. HR50+ has some serious controller throwing people.

Not at all actually, I've seen baaaaad lol. I'd say that you shouldn't be fooled by the HR=skill level expectation though. You could have people with years of experience just pick up this game and not get in a ton of play hours to build it, but you can also run into some players that gained a ton of HR but gained nothing that'd reflect those play hours. It's a toss up.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why don't some people heal themself?
  • Topic Archived