• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. This happens way too often...

User Info: PrimalElz

PrimalElz
4 weeks ago#1
So I'm helping this guy farm Behemoth, right? I have my coat and shoes on and everything, offering all the support I can with my Heavy Bowgun. I put Behemoth to sleep for the third time and, also for the third time, this Bow user wakes it up with Dragon Piercer. I know it wasn't an accident because I saw them do it even after everyone else had sheathed their weapons after my signal and ran to its head to drop Mega Barrel Bombs, then this dude makes the hunt all about themselves and wakes it up with something that barely does a fraction of the potential damage that could have been done.

For the third time.

Why do people do this? Am I really expected to believe people can have a Hunter Rank of over 100 and still not know what it means when a Monster has been put to sleep? We could have blown both its horns off in one go as early as Area 1 but no. A sleeping Monster is the best time to bust out Dragon Piercer with their Bone Tree Bow or something and screw over the rest of the team by selfishly extending the length of a hunt.

For the third time.

I'm fairly certain they can't even use the Bow properly (Coatings) because if they could, they would know why its important for certain weapons to put a Monster to sleep and the kind of opportunity that gives you.

It wasn't me that initiated the hunt but it still upset me. People should learn the online etiquette and contribute to the whole team, not just themselves. When playing online, its no longer about just you. There are other players you have to be mindful of and I wish more people would be respectful of that. So please stop shooting your idiot 50-Damage-On-First-Hit Dragon Piercer into sleeping Monsters. Nobody thinks it's cool.
I love Monster Hunter so much that I made a Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRnI9yrzlo

User Info: orBhsiF

orBhsiF
4 weeks ago#2
Definitely sounds like a Bow user. I swear they were all a f***ing nightmare.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0592-9083-9035.

User Info: edgarz1459

edgarz1459
4 weeks ago#3
Yeah ever since they found out about the uhh.. Dragon Piercer build, there's been alot of scrubs going around using it on everything.. like seriously, half the f***ing bow users have that 1 build and ONLY that 1 bow build

User Info: PrimalElz

PrimalElz
4 weeks ago#4
So it's not just me, right? If it was the arc shot, I wouldn't mind as much because there would be no way for them to tell I was trying to put Behemoth to sleep by the time they fire it and they could have been attempting to stun it. But they weren't using Arc Shot. They were using Dragon Piercer. I ended up returning to camp and switching to my Wide-Range build because the strategy I had planned for my Heavy Bowgun was ruined 3 times by this one guy.
I love Monster Hunter so much that I made a Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRnI9yrzlo

User Info: zepfan79

zepfan79
4 weeks ago#5
orBhsiF posted...

I use elemental bow setups and don’t use dragon piercer at all in groups.

User Info: xMizuru

xMizuru
4 weeks ago#6
zepfan79 posted...
orBhsiF posted...

Same, especially with Behemoth I go with Kjarr Water and EE 2, EW 4 cant really get hit with this setup unless you dont know the timing. I can usually grab enmity and keep it without having to heal ^^ Also Its better to post a session here when you want help with behemoth so you get a decent team 10/10. Id even be happy to help myself if I didnt have to sleep right now.
PSN: xMizuru
~Ninjas dont wish upon a star, they throw them.~

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
4 weeks ago#7
Ow. That hurts. Maybe they don't know how much damage is on the table.

And yeah DP wakeups are relatively common in the wild. I try not to mind it too much. LOL. Might as well get the SnS guy to do it.

User Info: orBhsiF

orBhsiF
4 weeks ago#8
zepfan79 posted...
orBhsiF posted...

It was more Bow users is general. Not that everyone who uses a Bow is bad or anything like that, but whenever I saw someone using one it would give me the fear.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0592-9083-9035.

User Info: UnlessJack

UnlessJack
4 weeks ago#9
Bow appeals to aggressive players who want to hit hard and fast and never want to stop attacking. Depending on how good you are, that can either be a very good thing or a huge problem for any team trying to work together. Alot of DB and LS users have the same problem.
I feel Futurama was, is, and always will be underappreciated...

User Info: kira09

kira09
4 weeks ago#10
orBhsiF posted...

I main bow and i never do that.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16 Core CPU
12GB NVIDIA TITAN Xp STAR WARS JEDI ORDER
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. This happens way too often...
  • Topic Archived