• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. There is a big problem with EVERY meta build.

User Info: Alphadude

Alphadude
1 week ago#1
Every meta build has the sole purpose of killing something as fast as possible --> focus on (TA) speedruns. However, this is not how 99,9% of us are playing the game.

Meta builds should be more convenient, if not to say casual.

Currently, it is like that: Noobs use meta builds used to kill Nergigante in 2 minutes and cart. Instead, they should give up that 5% attack power and use health boost or master's touch.

META BUILDS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NORMAL GAMEPLAY.

User Info: CheaterMcCheat

CheaterMcCheat
1 week ago#2
The meta build is basically 4 pieces of Drachen.
It's pretty versatile really. Just grab 4 pieces of Drachen, Empress Ruin wep and go. Slot health boost if you want to.

It's giving you white sharpness for ages and you can be sort of flexible with it and slot some skills for utility or survivability.

User Info: Ghannos

Ghannos
1 week ago#3
Alphadude posted...
Every meta build has the sole purpose of killing something as fast as possible --> focus on (TA) speedruns. However, this is not how 99,9% of us are playing the game.

Currently, it is like that: Noobs use meta builds used to kill Nergigante in 2 minutes and cart. Instead, they should give up that 5% attack power and use health boost or master's touch.

Yeah!

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
1 week ago#4
Alphadude posted...

"The meta" is based on high level play.

Grapplers aren't meta in fighting games just because bad players don't know how to space themselves.

If you're playing at too low a level for the meta to apply to you, it's not the meta's job to change itself accordingly.

Mind you, I actually agree with the point you're probably trying to make, and it's not actually that uncommon for even higher level players to use skills like health boost when they're not going for the fastest kills possible. But that doesn't mean that those builds should become "the meta", because that's not how it works.
Be that as it may, my e-dick is f***ing massive due to these meta sets and showing all these low rank monsters the bidness.

User Info: Gangryong

Gangryong
1 week ago#6
If you cart to Nergigante you should work on getting better, not change your build.
Heed my call, Valimar, The Ashen Knight!

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#7
Meta sets should mostly be focused on speed runs, not TA speed runs, nothing is stopping people from modifying meta sets for their own purpose. The issue isn't the meta sets, it's people blindly following them without putting any thought into it themselves.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: BlueEye0

BlueEye0
1 week ago#8
Meta builds are a blessing and a curse. Personally I always go for safety over kill time, rather spend a few extra minutes to make sure I can kill it than accidentally wipe, waste an investigation try and double the time needed to get the kill.
What am I doing here?

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 week ago#9
Most
Effective
Tactic
Available

QoL skills rarely help you kill something faster. The reality is drachen armor has such high defense that anything below tempered elders doesn't even require any defensive skills to beat easily. It's not like everybody is running a glass cannon set...

Also keep in mind that running a meta build does usually require you know what you're doing. Im not arguing that newer players should all use meta builds... they need those QoL skills to keep them in quests until they learn the monsters.

I use QoL skills still too, but usually it's AT monsters and some T elders.

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
1 week ago#10
meta isn't an acronym
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. There is a big problem with EVERY meta build.
  • Topic Closed