You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Yay or Nay to a new weapon in iceborn expansion
tonytonez posted...
silverbullet474 posted...
tonytonez posted...
Nay, focus on new tiers for current weapons that match or beat Kjarrrr matey. This way we have more top tier weaps that arent from KT.

A lot of things match or beat Kjarr stuff though, the top tier stuff from that new batch is usually an exception rather than the rule.

Correction, KT weaps in General not only Kjaar. I know there are a few weaps outside of KT that are top tier such as Wyvern Ignition or Dork Devourer but man. I look at my GS collection and a lil bummed that some weaps dont get an upgrade for moar usage. I want the Flammor......Anja GS and Azure Rath GS to get an upgrade among other weaps. Farming KT is a burn out machine.

They had to give a reason to bother farming her a million times over I guess. 4U had a slightly similar issue with relics.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: _Golbez_

_Golbez_
1 week ago#22
Gee i get a really bad taste when i read 'Relics', i hated that system. Still farmed the crap out of though.

As for new weapon types, i always loved the idea of throwing-knifes.
But i'd happily take a new impact weapon as well.
But i also think it's very unlikely that we'll get a new weapon before the next game or even the one after that.
It's not rage-quitting If you win.

User Info: flsomerv

flsomerv
1 week ago#23
Magnet Spike or Scythe
Gaming since 1982
_Golbez_ posted...
Gee i get a really bad taste when i read 'Relics', i hated that system. Still farmed the crap out of though.

Ehh, it had good and bad parts to it compared to KT. On the negative side the RNG could be a lot worse and you couldn't augment them, but on the other hand...

-more varied designs,

-relics could potentially be a lot stronger than KT stuff if you lucked out,

-you could get combinations of stats that don't exist within the crafted options, and

-biases made narrowing down your farming for specific weapon types much easier.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#25
I would like to fuse two weapons.
I wanna use two Longswords like Dual Blades.
And you just spin like a piece of s*** beyblade with gum in it.

And the only way for allies to not trip is to use Brace 4.
That's right. Brace 4. Which will be a set bonus on ATGATMUE Jagras' set that just alleviates all hitstun.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: drag10

drag10
1 week ago#26
Highly doubt an expansion would add a new weapon, at least going off past games.

If there were to be a new weapon though, I'd honestly like to see them add a fourth ranged weapon. The series has been stuck with the same trio of LBG, HBG and bow for too long now while the melee selection continues to grow over time.
PSN: AshScar88
How about a 'meh'?
DDAA Pawn: Ciel (Fighter) Steam:legendaryhero

User Info: Versaile

Versaile
1 week ago#28
tonytonez posted...
tonytonez posted...
Nay, focus on new tiers for current weapons that match or beat Kjarrrr matey. This way we have more top tier weaps that arent from KT.

A lot of things match or beat Kjarr stuff though, the top tier stuff from that new batch is usually an exception rather than the rule.

Correction, KT weaps in General not only Kjaar. I know there are a few weaps outside of KT that are top tier such as Wyvern Ignition or Dork Devourer but man. I look at my GS collection and a lil bummed that some weaps dont get an upgrade for moar usage. I want the Flammor......Anja GS and Azure Rath GS to get an upgrade among other weaps. Farming KT is a burn out machine.

They had to give a reason to bother farming her a million times over I guess. 4U had a slightly similar issue with relics.

They took the fact that Rajang was the most hunted online, and canned any choice. It's like a sick joke

User Info: Carnatux

Carnatux
1 week ago#29
The Hunting Hound Concept from generations would be fun.
"Monster Hunter World"
IGN: Carnatux Weapon: Switch Axe Hunter Rank 49

User Info: Jeannie13

Jeannie13
1 week ago#30
Giant Ass Boomerang sounded awesome. It could do ranged and melee attacks.
The Last Remnant Remastered! 12/6
PSN: RPGamer13, Twitch: JeannieLuv
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Yay or Nay to a new weapon in iceborn expansion