You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If I lack the Arch-Tempered gear and Wyvern Ignition...
What would I be looking at in terms of a solid Greatsword build?

User Info: prsboys

prsboys
1 week ago#2
Your best bet fot a Greatsword would be the Jagras Hacker 3.
For the armor you want to get weakness exploit to increase affinity while hitting a weak spot (head). You also want Elementless to boost raw.
Try and get other skills to boost affinity to as close to 100 % as possible. Weakness exploit maxed gives 50% affinity.
If you have the max affinity you can reach boosting attack is goodm
Hello peoples it is Prsboys and how I wish I had a taco

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
1 week ago#3
Anguish crit draw set.
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "

User Info: Somedude9

Somedude9
1 week ago#4
I would use the Deviljho greatsword(Anguish), I would augment it for affinity and health regen, and you can just use a metahemoth(4 piece drachen armor, for masters touch, and an armor piece of your choice, such as Nergigante helm b) set, slot in 3 tenderizer so you can weakness exploit lvl 3. Try to get to attack lvl 4 so you can get an extra 5% affinity and then just slot in whatever you can to get to 50% static affinity. Go with the handicraft charm III so you can get into white sharpness.

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 week ago#5
https://honeyhunterworld.com/mhwb/?22,83,107,107,105,107,65,aff,health,0,0,0,0,30,0,0,14,0,0,14,90,0,90,0,0,90,0,0,3

Probably not 100% optimal. It depends on your decorations anyway, if you don't have tenderizer and charger decos this obviously doesn't work. But I highly doubt that the Jagras Hacker will ever outdamage that anyway. But yeah those are the things that you wanna look out for: highest possible effective raw, focus and finally sharpness maintenance so that you don't drop to a lower level as that decreases your damage by a lot.

Focus often determines whether your TCS hits or misses, even if it doesn't seem like it makes a huge difference. So you want that at 2 or 3.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#6
You can get a basically-meta GS set with Dragonking Head and 4 pieces of Drachen. You don't need the whole Handicraft 3 from a Handicraft Charm III, but that may still be the most efficient way to get it. You probably will not get to 100% affinity, though, just because Anguish starts low and you already have to get it white sharpness with Handicraft.

Anguish is your best option, though, yes. The event quest that gives Wyvern Igntion will be available in a couple of weeks, too.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Level_99_E-Girl

Level_99_E-Girl
1 week ago#7
Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. If I lack the Arch-Tempered gear and Wyvern Ignition...