You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What are good Hbg builds for someone without Kulve and Arch stuff?

User Info: UndercovaSmack

UndercovaSmack
1 week ago#1
I missed Kulve and straight up sucked at fighting all Arched except Teostra and even then I only beat it twice for the Dante layer. I'm looking for Spread and Pierce builds, only thing I know is shattercryst for Pierce but thats it.

Also please be in depth I'm terrible at making builds myself so just telling me what skills I need will just make me feel even more dumb.
AHA I throw that **** before I came into the room-Black Dynamite

User Info: CrimsonStrider

CrimsonStrider
1 week ago#2
DDev/Magda for Cluster (DDev slightly stronger, Magda has WyvSnipe and Paralysis)

For those stack attack and artillery if you wanna use sticky. Spare shot. Ammo Up

I think someone mentioned Luna/Nerg gun as the best Spread HBG outside of Kulve stuff. Stack affinity, Critical Boost, Ammo Up.

I think Diablos HBG was one of the better ones for Normal S if you're into that.

User Info: skylinefreek

skylinefreek
1 week ago#3
They're still really good and the luna/nerg is a good second for the spread III round.
i7-6700k@4.4 I 16gb G.Skill DDR4-3200 I MSI GTX-1070 I Seasonic M12II 620W I Asrock z170M Extreme4 I Apevia X-QBER I 256GB m.2 SDD I 1TB HDD I

UndercovaSmack
1 week ago#4
Any gear recommendations

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 week ago#5
skylinefreek posted...
They're still really good and the luna/nerg is a good second for the spread III round.

The actual nerg gun is arguably better than luna/nerg because of access to status ammo.

Pierce is whack btw. Can't think of anything to use it against but (arch-tempered) xeno. Especially with that rather weak s***tercryst.

As for gear, you want a decoration - or if you don't have that, gear piece - with spread up/pierce up respectively. Stuff with free element/ammo up for additional rounds per clip. Maybe xeno for spare shot (a must for cluster). Attack/affinity/crit boosting s*** in general. Guard up (deco) if you use a shield mod (which I recommend) if the monster has (threatening) attacks that need that for blocking them. Maybe health boost and evade window/extender for quality of life.

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
1 week ago#6
Pretty much anything that needs a special build, needs a build that includes Guard Up and a few points in Guard.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#7
I'm not sure which type of HBG playstyle you're going for. The best one to go for without access to Kulve Taroth, though, is certainly Cluster spam (+ Sticky spam if you want), which means Magda Gemitus II or Dark Devourer.

I don't have any idea which decorations you have, so it's not possible to make a perfectly accurate set. Really, whatever I give you will just be a stab in the dark. You should really use one of the several set calculators available, enter the decorations you have, and search for a set. If possible, nix any Gamma armors, and come up with a set you can build at the point you're at in the game.

Well, I just spent about 15 minutes trying to discriminate a good HBG set that can be used without knowing which relevant decorations you have, and it's just about impossible. You should just go to this site, enter the decorations you have in the appropriate tab, and "minus" the Gamma armors you don't have as they come up:

w.wiki-db.com/sim/?hl=en

Skills you want to enter:

Attack Boost
Agigator
Peak Performance
Artillery
Guard
Guard Up
Free Element 3 (important)
[Razor Sharp / Spare Shot] (Also important)

Magda Gemitus II has a 2-slot. Dark Devourer has no slots at all.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

UndercovaSmack
6 days ago#8
Thanks for the responses guys. I've been using this build for pierce: https://i.redd.it/5zf12g7t1y111.png. I changed the legs to Kushla B and the charm to mighty charm so I can keep the skills and get a level 3 slot for Pierce up.

It's been good to me so far but I can't figure anything for spread can I just use this and with the Ruin and switch out the Pierce up for Spread up or do I have to make a whole new thing? If so any advice?

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
6 days ago#9
UndercovaSmack posted...
Thanks for the responses guys. I've been using this build for pierce: https://i.redd.it/5zf12g7t1y111.png. I changed the legs to Kushla B and the charm to mighty charm so I can keep the skills and get a level 3 slot for Pierce up.

It's been good to me so far but I can't figure anything for spread can I just use this and with the Ruin and switch out the Pierce up for Spread up or do I have to make a whole new thing? If so any advice?

Do you have anything from KT besides Taroth Assault "Glutton" that has good Spread 3 clips? That'd be the place to look if you don't have that HBG.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

UndercovaSmack
6 days ago#10
Sirk posted...
UndercovaSmack posted...

Do you have anything from KT besides Taroth Assault "Glutton" that has good Spread 3 clips? That'd be the place to look if you don't have that HBG.

I got nothing from KT only did it once when it first released
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What are good Hbg builds for someone without Kulve and Arch stuff?