You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Great, so Arch Tempered Lavasioth will be a thing too.

User Info: drag10

drag10
1 week ago#81
LonelyGaruga posted...
Dunno why anyone would say MHW Lavasioth is better than older ones when they don't have the lava armor gimmick and the Gen/GU one in particular has actually good weak points and is a fairly decent fight in its own right.

I like the unique moves that past Lavasioth had, like its sky-high belly flop and its infamous U-turn ground swim. Not sure why they removed the former and nerfed the latter, but it definitely made him less of a memorable fight than before.

As for the armor gimmick, it gave me a random thought. Why do you suppose Agnaktor could utilize the cooled lava as armor while Lavasioth couldn't, despite both being able to swim through lava? Other than gameplay reasons to keep them distinct, of course.
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 week ago#82
Lavasioth's blackened shell is already a layer of cooled lava, it just wasn't hard enough to bounce. Lavasioth is basically always armored but it's not as strong, or rather it wasn't as strong until MHW changed it up.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: drag10

drag10
1 week ago#83
Well, TIL. I've always assumed till now that its blackened shell was its normal hide instead of cooled lava.
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: Chytharo

Chytharo
1 day ago#84
DukeLukewarm posted...
Chytharo posted...
I bet lavasioth is the least hunted monster, that's why they chose it for the second event quest xD

...Yes. That's literally what they said.

whoops, didn't check their twitter post, my bad
Looking for hunting partners in Monster Hunter World! (no party, just text chat) I would love to do turn rooms, send me a PM if you're interested :)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Great, so Arch Tempered Lavasioth will be a thing too.