• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Great, so Arch Tempered Lavasioth will be a thing too.

User Info: Noisette

Noisette
2 months ago#11
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Lol what happened to AT Nergi?

Guess they couldn't figure out how to make him more difficult so they skipped him.

He's the last update of the game in Spring.

User Info: Gangryong

Gangryong
2 months ago#12
Lavasioth was a mistake.

GreatLedo_225 posted...
Yeah seems like the other monsters might be getting the "proper" tempered treatment. I really hope they drop tickets to unlock their respective gear for layered armor, or at least more layered options.

Holy, didn't even realized this. Would be awesome if they just give us the layered armor of the other monsters, starting with G.Jagras.
Heed my call, Valimar, The Ashen Knight!

User Info: AdventSoul

AdventSoul
2 months ago#13
That monster is by far the #1 carted monster every single time I join an SOS or make a group myself. People die so easily to it and it just leaves me wondering why.

However not everyone plays the same so to keep my sanity I just take the loss and move on. Was hell trying to farm the parts just to make the pants only x.x
Xbox 1 GT: AdventSoul05
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Synestriel, Female

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
2 months ago#14
What even...

Well, I guess I'll actually learn now: what exactly makes Lavasioth so bad? I hear complaints about the thing all the time, but admittedly I've only fought him the 1 time for story and never again cuz he doesn't give any gear or materials that I'd ever need. May as well try a challenge mode if it'll be a thing though, so now will be a good time as any to learn of the struggle I guess lol.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: Malzel

Malzel
2 months ago#15
They never asked themselves there might be a reason why Lavasioth is the least hunted monster in the game?
woops//

User Info: AtomicArtumas

AtomicArtumas
2 months ago#16
So, here's my random guess just based entirely on speculation.

They're probably planning on making/adding a more fully functioning transmog system in Iceborne. They're also obviously overhauling every monster for a G-rank-type increase.

Rather than wait to release all of this at once, they're probably going to give us some small hints and drop the transmog stuff as layered armor and then show off a new G-rank/w/e the new rank is going to be called attack or mechanic with these.

And/or they realized that world was originally designed to not be a G-rank game, and they need to give us a larger assortment of higher-tier gear to make the transition easier, or Iceborne isn't going to actually be G-rank, but instead be something even higher tier (considering AT monsters are already relatively close to G-rank tbh), and testing showed that non-AT gear just wasn't even remotely viable or something.

Probably transmog related though with minor adjustments based off of new G-rank additions though, with some minor gear sidegrades thrown in and easier stone farming that isn't TED related. Because TBH, if a great jagras drops augment stuff at even just the rate of normal TEDs, I'm spamming that like 16 hours/day for the entire duration of the event lol.
#1 SSBU Piranha Plant fan.

User Info: ReiderAsmadi

ReiderAsmadi
2 months ago#17
So, make sure I keep the torch pods on-hand and try to break s*** ASAP.

At least bouncing isn't too big a deal with charge blade most times.
PSN: OverlordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.

User Info: SlyGamer1979

SlyGamer1979
2 months ago#18
what i wanna know is why the hell didn't they add augments to armor as an option to add different sizes of deco slots instead of just raising armor defense levels ?
PSN & Steam SlyFox5679
Pogo FC 0872-0562-8353

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
2 months ago#19
Where do you hit the thing to do decent damage? All attacks anywhere on it are weakened and get deflected constantly.
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "

User Info: ReiderAsmadi

ReiderAsmadi
2 months ago#20
Exo_Icarus posted...
Where do you hit the thing to do decent damage? All attacks anywhere on it are weakened and get deflected constantly.

Pick up the torch pods lying around and shoot it with those to soften him up. I usually shoot his head and work on breaking that ASAP. He won't bounce you on parts you break.

He'll heat himself up on occasion too when he's swimming through the ground but that's the best way to do it otherwise. Bomb pods work too if you get him to drop some.
PSN: OverlordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Great, so Arch Tempered Lavasioth will be a thing too.
  • Topic Archived