• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. At my wits end with Tempered Kirin

User Info: CheaterMcCheat

CheaterMcCheat
2 months ago#1
I can't beat this thing no matter what. I've tried stacking Thunder Res, Stun Res, Para Res and everything but I honestly think I've had enough now because of what happened in my last attempt.

He just OHKO'd me from a floor below ffs. Never seen anything so ridiculous. I climb a vine, he jumps back down, does an attack down below me and Thunder strikes me up top with no warning or glow on the ground at all. He feels so f***ing cheap compared to everything else so far.

I honestly don't know what to do I just want it over with so I can progress now it's not a fun fight at all.

User Info: xMizuru

xMizuru
2 months ago#2
Post Session Id?
PSN: xMizuru
~Ninjas dont wish upon a star, they throw them.~

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
2 months ago#3
Swing on its head with some good ol' fashioned HAMMAR TYME
Troll slayer Cate: the hero Gamefaqs needs, but certainty not the one it deserves.
Ya'all need more pizza.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
2 months ago#4
Maybe whip out the Thunderproof Mantle to use?

Not sure exactly why you need Paralysis Resistance? I wasn't aware Kirin caused that.

Thunder Resistance is obvious, of course. Stun Resistance seems beneficial as well.

You might also upgrade your armor as much as possible for a high defense. That can help if he's hitting you for such high amounts of damage.

I would say if you have a fire or non-elemental weapon at similar damage levels, go with the fire one to burn his ass.

Aside from that, with my experience against Kirin, which has mostly been in the festivals for Kirin the Myth (vs 2 LR Kirin), you need to stay loose and mobile.
If it isn't broken, you aren't trying.
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: EazyE17

EazyE17
2 months ago#5
xMizuru posted...
Post Session Id
Guess I should remove my FC for a DS stolen almost two years ago from me...
MHW mix in the meantime: https://streamable.com/2ms95

User Info: CheaterMcCheat

CheaterMcCheat
2 months ago#6
I just did an SOS and they all carted straight away but tried once more solo and managed to do it with almost no faints. I got greedy at the end when he was limping but went back and finished him off!

He's a b****, literally can't attack him more than twice before you have to dip out or get annihilated.

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
2 months ago#7
CheaterMcCheat posted...
He just OHKO'd me from a floor below ffs. Never seen anything so ridiculous. I climb a vine, he jumps back down, does an attack down below me and Thunder strikes me up top with no warning or glow on the ground at all. He feels so f***ing cheap compared to everything else so far.

Yeah, be careful with lightning in multiple levels. The hitboxes stretch out REALLY far vertically up and down. Stick to 1 level and avoid them where you can see the whole hitbox and watch the head shakes so you can predict where the lightning will land.

CheaterMcCheat posted...
I can't beat this thing no matter what. I've tried stacking Thunder Res, Stun Res, Para Res and everything but I honestly think I've had enough now because of what happened in my last attempt.

Thunder Res doesn't do a whole lot compared to regular defense outside of blocking thunderblight. You could get either that or Stun Res because they're essentially stopping the same thing, and paralysis doesn't happen on a lot of moves so...it depends. Throw it in if you get paralyzed often, skip it if you don't. Thunderproof Mantle exists for free anti-Kirin defenses though. Imo, stacking up on utility isn't quite the way to go. If you're getting 1-2 shot regardless, it'd do you some more good to learn to avoid and punish lightning strikes instead. Kirin is a huge glass cannon, fight fire with fire.

That aside, what weapon are you using? What's the defense on your armor looking like? You looking for solo advice or some help on multi-player? I could probably break out a sleep bomb HH or dust off my anti para/stun Teostra's Orphee.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
2 months ago#8
CheaterMcCheat posted...
I just did an SOS and they all carted straight away but tried once more solo and managed to do it with almost no faints. I got greedy at the end when he was limping but went back and finished him off!

He's a b****, literally can't attack him more than twice before you have to dip out or get annihilated.

Yeah, that's Kirin. Tempered Jho is very similar. Attack, defend, attack, defend.

User Info: kagehoushi

kagehoushi
2 months ago#9
Cluster HBG is your friend.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
2 months ago#10
It's actually really easy to beat. You just have to change the way you approach the fight versus other monsters.

Don't worry about stacking defense. Stack attack instead. Just eat for elemental defense and use a thunderproof mantle when he gets an aura. Use the Temporal mantle when you get it, and NEVER use the rocksteady mantle against him. The RSM will get you killed more than it will help.

After that, just watch out for the glow on the ground. Don't be standing in it when the attack goes off, obviously. Attack only once or twice after that big attack before backing off again. The window to attack him after his big attacks is generous, but don't get greedy. Also sleep bomb him at his nest. This method will take awhile to get a win, but it is so easy a baby could do it. After you are more comfortable with him, you'll he able to finish him off more quickly, but for now, you should just take the easy win.

The preferred weapons for it are a Switch axe (sword won't bounce, use it like a knockoff crit draw GS), GS (Crit draw setup), or spread shot (ranged is usually safer).

Also, when he goes to the vine section, go to the very bottom and only fight him there. Don't even think of using the vines until he leaves.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. At my wits end with Tempered Kirin
  • Topic Archived