• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Just Bought This For PS4

User Info: AdventSoul

AdventSoul
4 weeks ago#1
After putting over 200 hours into the Xbox version and having not played in months I finally got my Pro and since this was on sale I bought the $30 version. I've seen things that the PS version has that the Xbox didn't and from what I can see the PS4 community seems bigger.

So I'm stopping by to say howdy to those who still play. I plan to start anew soon and since I focused ranged on the Xbox I plan to heavily focus on melee weapons this time around. Also since I wasted a huge chunk of my playtime farming every set before you reached the part of the game where you get the high rank sets I plan to actually skip doing that this time around. Had no idea that the sets you can make when starting out weren't as good as the higher ranking versions. Hoping to also hit end game way quicker this time around as well.

See y'all around in game ^.^
Xbox 1 GT: AdventSoul05
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Synestriel, Female

User Info: Blue-Streaks

Blue-Streaks
4 weeks ago#2
You won't be disappointed, buddy. Welcome to the family!
Head over to my channel for awesome Let's Plays on all kinds of different games! ----> http://bit.ly/BlueStreakStudio

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
4 weeks ago#3
Same game, same monsters, different players. Shouldn't matter much unless you're on the PC version. Those people are crazy with their mods.
"People's opinion are like chains, they can pull you along or hold you down." Commander, MHW

User Info: Lyalius

Lyalius
4 weeks ago#4
jagger_wanderer posted...
Same game, same monsters, different players. Shouldn't matter much unless you're on the PC version. Those people are crazy with their mods.

True but some of the mods are actually useful. I am jealous of PC users and their keybinds...

Ah well, at least console users don't have to spend hundreds of dollars upgrading their PC to play a game

User Info: AdventSoul

AdventSoul
4 weeks ago#5
jagger_wanderer posted...

I know it's the same but there are some events, I think, that are PS4 exclusive unless they were a one time thing. Either way I still wanted to get it for PS4. I planned a 2nd character on Xbox but now I can just do so on PS4.

I thought about doing the same with Destiny 2 but I've unlocked so much on Xbox that can't be obtained anymore plus having to re-level 3 characters kills it for me. BUT that might change, just have to see where the game goes in 2019.
Xbox 1 GT: AdventSoul05
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Synestriel, Female

User Info: PaperLink64

PaperLink64
4 weeks ago#6
Welcome to the PS4 family!
~The Sage of Wind~
YKDDP ~ The Sacred Realm

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
4 weeks ago#7
Lyalius posted...
Ah well, at least console users don't have to spend hundreds of dollars upgrading their PC to play a game

You ah..you do realize that this is more of an urban legend than anything else, right? I built my PC back in 2016, and it still runs most games on High at 60 FPS and 1080p, and this is with a card that was already a generation behind when I bought it in 2016.

You don't need to upgrade your PC more then once every four to five yeras, and even then with how static graphics have become, that's becoming less and less of a thing even now. At most, you might have to replace a ram stick if it fails ($60, the same price as replacing a broken controller on a console) or buying another Hard Drive if you fill yours up.

PC gaming is really the cheapest it's ever been, and building and maintaining a rig is easier then ever. If you're willing to drop $600-$1000 on a PC, you can build one that will last you about the length of a console generation, if not longer. And when time DOES come to upgrade it, it's going to be cheaper then actually going out and buying the next generation of consoles, as you may only need to replace a few components to get your PC up to snuff to run things at 60 FPS again.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#8
Wise choice... if you need help with anything, we're here
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Just Bought This For PS4
  • Topic Archived