• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. MY predictions for Iceborne Content and about the PC Updates

User Info: NightmareGamma

NightmareGamma
1 month ago#1
Now, I am giving this a lot of thought and came up with something that MIGHT be happening with this Expansion.

1. This IS the G-Rank expansion, BUT it will work differently than most think. I think that we at first get "HIGH RANK" Missions in order to get through the Story. All main Story Missions will be High Rank Quests, probably adding around 3 - 5 new Tiers of High Rank (10 Stars - 13 or 15 Stars for example). It will also have 3 new Areas, all being on the new Main Island we saw in the trailer. The first few missions will be us setting sail to the new Island, finding grounds where we can set up a new Base like Astera, then the real hunting and exploring starts.

2. After beating all the main Story Missions for Iceborne, a new Urgent Quest shows up that we have to do in order to enter G-Rank. G-Rank will then be segregated into 4 Tiers, G1, G2, G3 and G4.
G1 will be the G-Rank Versions of the Monsters that are too Weak to even have Tempered Versions, like Great Jagras, Kulu Ya Ku, Tzitzi Ya Ku etc.
G2 will be the G-Rank Versions of Threat Level 1 Monsters, like Tobi Kadachi, Barroth etc.
G3 will be Threat Level 2 and Apex Monsters, like Rathalos, Rathian, Legiana, Deviljho etc.
G4 will be Threat Level 3, aka Dragon Elders, but also certain Sub Species that are very likely to appear in the Expansion, like Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian.
So G-Rank will be post game content, while Story Content is still considered High Rank. It was always like that in the old games ("Story" Missions, or village Quests as they are most commonly known, usually only go as high as "High Rank", and the "G-Rank" Missions are exclusive to the Guild Hall Quests.)

3. We will get 2 G-Rank Armor Set Variations for each new Monster in the expansion, and if they keep the Greek alphabet for distincting them, then they will most likely by "Delta" and "Epsilon" (that would be if they keep going in order, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon) or "Chi" and "Psi" (If they think it might not be wise to go in normal order, since Gamma was reserved for Arch Tempered Monsters only and they might want to skip to the last three Letters of the greek Alphabet, "Chi", "Psi", "Omega").
Returning Monsters from the base Game will get 3 G-Rank Armor Variations. "Chi" and "Psi" will be based on the "Alpha" and "Beta" Sets, while "Omega" will be a new Design added in this expansion and having different skill sets than the "Alpha" and "Beta" Variations. Also, Monsters that have Arch Tempered Versions (Aka. All Base Game Elder Dragons) will now have Arch Tempered G-Rank Versions, which will give you a "Zeta" (Zeta comes in the Alphabet after Delta and Epsilon, so they if they go regular Alphabetical Order, this would be the next Letter then) or "Delta" (If they use Chi and Psi for G-Rank Armor Instead) Versions of the "Gamma" Armor. "Zeta/Delta" Armor will be based on the Gamma Armor Designs and are just more potent Versions of those.

4. I honestly think the reason that AT Nergigante is the last title Update on Console until the release of Iceborne, is because they want to let the PC version catch up. I guess they want to release Iceborne on Console and PC at the same time, and during the months between SPring and Autumn they want the PC Version to catch up with the consoles, hence why AT Nerg in spring is the last Console update, AT nerg will then be the last Update on PC at around Autumn, and then it will smoothly transition into Iceborne.

Not a bad plan actually if you ask me.

What do you all think?
DRAGONBALL Z: BATTLE OF Z BEGINNERS GUIDE:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/720091-dragon-ball-z-battle-of-z/68467298

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 month ago#2
Rathian is a threat 1 monster.

Naming issues aside, there's probably 2 normal g rank sets with different design that high rank and maybe they'll add a third variant similar to y armor later. Skills based on the respective high rank versions.

And actually I don't even think that it's a good idea to keep the greek alphabet. Barely anyone knows more than the first few letters. Something like Ga, Gb and Gy would be a lot more intuitive, but given the fact that they really avoided to call the expansion "g-rank" it's probably something else, but maybe along those lines.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 month ago#3
Slight problem with your number 4. PC version doesn't even have a time frame/date listed. They're probably getting it in 2020 if they're unlucky. While they might try and release it at the same time it seems like they're working on the console version and then they will work on the PC version.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: alkarion_log

alkarion_log
1 month ago#4
nuke2099 posted...
Slight problem with your number 4. PC version doesn't even have a time frame/date listed. They're probably getting it in 2020 if they're unlucky. While they might try and release it at the same time it seems like they're working on the console version and then they will work on the PC version.

could be if they was not rushing the pc updates so maybe a month late?
FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and some money

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 month ago#5
alkarion_log posted...
nuke2099 posted...

could be if they was not rushing the pc updates so maybe a month late?

I have a feeling it will be more than a month late. Based just on what Ryozo mentioned they're working on the PC version of Iceborne after the console version. They don't even have a listed month for it yet.
Gamertag: Nuke2099
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. MY predictions for Iceborne Content and about the PC Updates
  • Topic Archived