You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Sharius

Sharius
1 week ago#11
Semeki posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Sharius posted...
Wonder how long it take for AT nerg, it likely the very first elder dragon make an appear for this game, it even had a whole demo to play before game came out, and still no news about AT version yet

Even luna had its AT version despite it came out last and a colour swap version of teo

Because nerg was supposed to be one of the toughest fights in the game but speedrunners made him into a joke.

They most likely can't figure how to make his AT version challenging and that's why he's taking so long to get released.

The only thing Nergi had was its dive bomb but its tell is so easy to evade and its stagger threshold is pathetic. If they can remedy those two things, I'm sure it be tougher. Add in speed and some new moves.

Make him roar and shake ground every 2 second?

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 week ago#12
Sharius posted...
Semeki posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Sharius posted...
Wonder how long it take for AT nerg, it likely the very first elder dragon make an appear for this game, it even had a whole demo to play before game came out, and still no news about AT version yet

Even luna had its AT version despite it came out last and a colour swap version of teo

Because nerg was supposed to be one of the toughest fights in the game but speedrunners made him into a joke.

They most likely can't figure how to make his AT version challenging and that's why he's taking so long to get released.

The only thing Nergi had was its dive bomb but its tell is so easy to evade and its stagger threshold is pathetic. If they can remedy those two things, I'm sure it be tougher. Add in speed and some new moves.

No, give it new moves and make its dive bomb unpredictable or when it becomes agitated.

It also should be more resistant on getting knocked down, its laughable. I mean I dont understand how Nergi can so easily be flipped on its side compared to all other elders and I'm not referring to dizzy staggers but everytime one of its spike areas gets broken.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.
Semeki posted...
Sharius posted...
Semeki posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Sharius posted...

No, give it new moves and make its dive bomb unpredictable or when it becomes agitated.

It also should be more resistant on getting knocked down, its laughable. I mean I dont understand how Nergi can so easily be flipped on its side compared to all other elders and I'm not referring to dizzy staggers but everytime one of its spike areas gets broken.

They probably thought it'd just be a cool gimmick and didn't expect it to be so easily exploited...why idk
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#14
I don't think the dive bomb could ever become unpredictable, as long as Nerg has to fly up and backwards in order to do it. Even without the roar, that's time enough for most weapons to sheathe and dive.

I still wonder if they aren't just trying to do something special for Nerg. AT Nergigante, if suped up in the same proportion as AT Teostra or AT Kirin, wouldn't be a slouch ...but would hardly match the other challenges in the game so far, like AT Xeno or either Behemoth.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Blufield

Blufield
1 week ago#15
Make AT Nerg kill a bunch of other Elder Dragons while you fight it. That would be pretty cool.

Edit: Better yet, make it so it heals from eating them. And you have to interrupt the eating.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 week ago#16
I think it be cool if they something more with the Tempered Arch label and follow to more content perhaps another game. Like the Frenzy virus from 4U. Maybe morph Nergi to make it black spikes all the time and only make them breakable if its inflicted with poison for a short time, a vulnerability. That would make us use poison weapons other then the meta. Ofc its easy for gunners but I think it be really interesting changing it up a bit and not all Bowguns make posion do they? As not all bows carry poison. So it's new weapons can have hidden element as poison status or something.

Terrible idea, I know. Poison is usless.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.
Semeki posted...
I think it be cool if they something more with the Tempered Arch label and follow to more content perhaps another game. Like the Frenzy virus from 4U. Maybe morph Nergi to make it black spikes all the time and only make them breakable if its inflicted with poison for a short time, a vulnerability. That would make us use poison weapons other then the meta. Ofc its easy for gunners but I think it be really interesting changing it up a bit and not all Bowguns make posion do they? As not all bows carry poison. So it's new weapons can have hidden element as poison status or something.

Terrible idea, I know. Poison is usless.

I'd be freaking pissed cuz all I'd have to use is Pukei's HH, and that thing is trash.

And yeah, poison isn't all that great, but free DoT is free DoT. I think the bigger issue holding it back is that it isn't on anything with good stats. 1 poison monster that's just early rank filler, and his gear definitely reflects that. If there was something higher ranked that gave gear more on par with current meta weapons that also happened to have poison, we'd have good poison weapons--simple as that. As it stands, that's Royal Burst and...nothing else. If you ask me, they totally should've given that role to Vaal instead of dragon element, Jho/Nerg/Xeno already had that covered.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 week ago#18
DarxWingDuck posted...
Maybe kulve will have a GS weapon drop that isn't hot trash.

The problem isn't that Kulve's GSes are bad, it that Wyvern Ignition is too good.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01

User Info: skingg

skingg
1 week ago#19
Gematsu:

When Monster Hunter: World received the “Best Role-Playing Game” award at The Game Awards 2018, producer Ryozo Tsujimoto teased an upcoming announcement.

“Soon we will make an announcement that will make everyone happy,” Tsujimoto said upon receiving the award.

"An announcement that will make everyone happy."

I doubt AT Kulve or AT Nergigante will make everyone happy.
Now Playing : Detroit: Become Human, Monster Hunter World, GT:Sports, DJMax:Respect,
Recently beaten: Hellblade, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Nier:Automata

User Info: CobaltBlitz

CobaltBlitz
1 week ago#20
The only thing that can make everyone happy is a g rank game
http://i.imgur.com/FbCIoKc.png