• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Have you tried using a different weapon yet?

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 months ago#31
Izanagi2120 posted...
I try to use other weapons but i literally can not hit anything that flies unless im using IG. Using ranged weapons take forever to kill anything but thats probly cuz im not very good and dont have many high ranked ones.

NFR2 LBG is a noice place to start for ranged.
And for anyone that flies, Flashpods are your friends for life.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: Lyalius

Lyalius
4 months ago#32
Unbound-King posted...
Izanagi2120 posted...
I try to use other weapons but i literally can not hit anything that flies unless im using IG. Using ranged weapons take forever to kill anything but thats probly cuz im not very good and dont have many high ranked ones.

NFR2 LBG is a noice place to start for ranged.
And for anyone that flies, Flashpods are your friends for life.

Unless it's an elder dragon. IG or Bow/Bowgun users are the best in those instances.

User Info: MMZenex

MMZenex
4 months ago#33
I mostly use SnS, Switch Axe, and Gunlance, but I try to use every weapon when I play these game.
Right now I want to try Insect Glaive and Duel Blades more.

User Info: BlueEye0

BlueEye0
4 months ago#34
Oh yeah.

I started on Switch Axe, transition to Hammer when I hit High Rank and stayed with that for a long time, then picked up Gunlance for something a bit safer cause s*** like Behemoth and Lunastra are impossible with Hammer and now I'm a Charge Blade main who dabbles in Greatsword.
What am I doing here?

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
4 months ago#35
Played the first 240 quests with just Gunlance, went to try other stuff finally and I’m so glad I did. Now I swap between GL, Charge Blade and Dual Blades

User Info: Domitron

Domitron
4 months ago#36
I am in the same boat, been using Insect Glaive pretty much since I first got to High Rank and am now looking for a change, I used longsword a lot in Low Rank but not much since.

Right now I am planning to learn to use Charge Blade, always liked the look of it but trying it out was a bit intimidating before.

I also want to learn to use on of the ranged weapons but am torn in which I should use, Bow I have used before and is fairly simple to cone to terms with but as a ranged weapon its range is kinda too short for me...

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
4 months ago#37
I've been too spoiled by the IG's mobility and overall kinetic playstyle.

It fits what I look for in an action game too much to abandon... Any other weapons sorta match this style because everything I tried is so damn slow.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/

User Info: MrBunglex420x

MrBunglex420x
4 months ago#38
I’m kinda bored with all my fav weapons atm. Been trying to branch out to every weapon but nothing is clicking really. Only have hh and db left to dabble with. I’m hoping one of those can help me get more mileage out of this game
I would call you a troll but that would be offensive to the ugly vile imbeciles. I think eternal virgin suits you better.

User Info: Lyalius

Lyalius
4 months ago#39
Billysan posted...
I've been too spoiled by the IG's mobility and overall kinetic playstyle.

It fits what I look for in an action game too much to abandon... Any other weapons sorta match this style because everything I tried is so damn slow.

Lol ikr I keep trying other weapons but they all make me sad that I can't go flying across the screen whenever I want to. I feel so slow, especially with a shield.

I attempted the Barroth Challenge with a lance and couldn't help but wonder how anyone was able to beat him with it, you are so damn slow and he mows you over if you try to block his attacks.

Think the closest second I could live with is SnS, DB, or the bows...if I ever figure out how to use them right.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Have you tried using a different weapon yet?
  • Topic Archived