You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Have you tried using a different weapon yet?

User Info: GenghisKyle

GenghisKyle
1 week ago#21
I've never played a MH game where I didn't use most/all of the weapons. Even in my first game (Tri) I switched between 2-3 main weapons and evntually branched out into all of them. The game would get stale a lot faster if I didn't switch it up, especially at endgame.
I've toyed with the idea...

but having 1000+ HBG uses and 100 LBG on my GC is kinda cool too.

Though I would really like to learn Hunting Horn and SNS, maybe GL as well.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 week ago#23
LS main

Second most is hammer, Messed with IG a little, just started trying GL with a Long build...

I have built end game sets for pretty much every weapon just because I can. Just a matter of using them now.

User Info: SinExDeath

SinExDeath
1 week ago#24
Started with SnS, then Lance, and finally Gunlance. I use Insect Glaive exclusively for Lunastra though. Plan on GS as soon as I get my 4th Warrior Stone for my Wyvern Ignition.
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
I am the Sword of my Shield

User Info: Gangryong

Gangryong
1 week ago#26
GS on MH1, LS on MH3rd, and finished with the Bow on MHW.

But I plan to test dual blades, charge blade, switch axe and GS.

MHW actually made me play with other weapons, lol.
Heed my call, Valimar, The Ashen Knight!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: drag10

drag10
1 week ago#27
DarxWingDuck posted...
LS main

Second most is hammer, Messed with IG a little, just started trying GL with a Long build...

I have built end game sets for pretty much every weapon just because I can. Just a matter of using them now.

Our first and second mains are alike lol.

I've dabbled in GL, SA and a bit of lance too. Not sure which of the others I'd like to play around with though.
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#28
Started with DB.
Didn't use anything besides DB for like 400 hours until Jho f***ed my s*** up, fam.
Then I picked up GL. Then CB. Then I got more or less used to LS, IG, Bow, LBG, HBG, SA, Lance, Hammer, GS, though the last one is basically a Kush exclusive.

Still...not entirely sure if I wanna try and learn SnS and HH.
They seem like the most frustratingly high skill ceilings compared to everything else with not too comprable satisfaction for mastery...Though I haven't tried to learn 'em at all, to be fair...
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Violet_Shadow

Violet_Shadow
5 days ago#29
Nope. Still a DB-user and don't see myself switching-out anytime soon. Though I do have a second character that uses a Bow. If I ever do feel like trying out another weapon, it'd be the Longsword.

Note: Unless you count Arena Quests, as I've used most of the weapons for one or another of those while building toward the 50 AQs Trophy (which I got a while back). The only ones I can think of that I *haven't* used, in AQs, would be the Lance and Hammer, probably.
Signed: ~The Violet Shadow, "Shadows never die, they merely fade into the darkness..."

User Info: Izanagi2120

Izanagi2120
4 days ago#30
I try to use other weapons but i literally can not hit anything that flies unless im using IG. Using ranged weapons take forever to kill anything but thats probly cuz im not very good and dont have many high ranked ones.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Have you tried using a different weapon yet?