You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Have you tried using a different weapon yet?

User Info: Lyalius

Lyalius
1 week ago#1
I'm curious how many people attempted to use a new weapon after using their original one for so long.

I'm tempted to try a new one just to see how bad I am now that I actually know how to play the game but idk.

Though I suppose I should probably try anyway because of the Arena not having many fights where Insect Glaive is useable...

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 week ago#2
Yeah. Multiple times actually.

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
1 week ago#3
Changing weapons is one of the best ways to keep the game fresh IMO.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

User Info: paulodybi

paulodybi
1 week ago#4
Started the game with DB until 700+ hunts then switched to LS until 1.8k+ hunts. When EX Behemoth dropped I learnt to tank with HBG. I use other weapon too SnS, Hammer, Lance but all below 100 hunts and now having fun with CB.
I struggle with IG, GS, Bow, HH and SA. LBG and GL never use it
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
1 week ago#5
I keep changing with every hunt...I can’t find my one true calling.

I’m definitely best with and wreck s*** with the hammer, but I hate the hammer, aesthetically. I can’t find another weapon I’m as good with though :(
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

User Info: BaziIIions

BaziIIions
1 week ago#6
I use all but DB and IG. Main bow though.
Bless their empty little heads.
~~ Pizza Crew ~~

User Info: ReiderAsmadi

ReiderAsmadi
1 week ago#7
I main CB but I learned LS, IG and a bit of SA so far. Have a spread HBG I keep around for tempered kirin.

Kinda want to throw GS into the mix as well at some point.
PSN: OverlordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Somedude9

Somedude9
1 week ago#8
I mained CB for 700+ quest, then learned LS, GS, Bow, DB, HBG, LBG. But I primarily use the first 4. I only use DBs for lulz and HBG when I want to cheese and LBG for Kulve.

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 week ago#9
I went from Bow to Greatsword. They're completely opposite but both cover me in any situation.

Hammer is my 3rd favorite weapon. But I dont use it on my main and its strictly for my Alt that uses Insect Glaive as well.

Light and Heavy Bowguns are easy to use, mostly in arenas I use them but I dont find them entirely fun.

Dual Blades, Longsword, Hunting Horn, Sword and Shield, Switch Axe are at the bottom of the barrel. I'm not at all interested in.

Lance and Gunlance I find challenging maneuvering and that's consider Greatsword is a slow weapon as well, Lances make me impatient. Charge Blade is also another I would like to learn and get better with.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: ilikefords

ilikefords
1 week ago#10
Been maining the Hammer.

Have dabbled a little bit with the SnS and Lance.

Going to try more Lance I think. I also might give bow a try too.
R6 Rider //// Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Have you tried using a different weapon yet?