You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. The Game Awards are tonight - Keep an eye out for MHW teaser trailer

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 week ago#31
silverbullet474 posted...
-whether they'll add weapons for the classes that never got 1(iirc, DB, GL, HH, LBG, and CB are missing).
[...]
I don't remember what their stats were like in other games since I never used any--what were they, high dragon, natural purple, decent raw right?

DB got the crake sleep thingies, CB got Dante's Devil Sword. HBG didn't get anything yet though.

And yeah, like that. Raw on the lower end iirc.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ReiderAsmadi

ReiderAsmadi
1 week ago#32
TrueArchery posted...
-whether they'll add weapons for the classes that never got 1(iirc, DB, GL, HH, LBG, and CB are missing).
[...]
I don't remember what their stats were like in other games since I never used any--what were they, high dragon, natural purple, decent raw right?

DB got the crake sleep thingies, CB got Dante's Devil Sword. HBG didn't get anything yet though.

I was under the impression he was talking about Alatreon weapons specifically.

I don't recall CB getting one of those at least.
PSN: OverlordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
ReiderAsmadi posted...
TrueArchery posted...
[...]

Yeah, I meant Alatreon weapons. I would like to see event weapons for the missing classes too though....judging by everything besides Wyvern Ignition though, I don't have very high hopes for the event HH if there's gonna be 1. I definitely should've put an entry in that weapon design contest lol
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#34
ReiderAsmadi posted...
TrueArchery posted...
[...]

Yeah, I meant Alatreon weapons. I would like to see event weapons for the missing classes too though....judging by everything besides Wyvern Ignition though, I don't have very high hopes for the event HH if there's gonna be 1. I definitely should've put an entry in that weapon design contest lol

Or the development team could have got off their ass and designed more of the entries.

(I'm bitter about yet another week confirmed not to have Kulve Taroth siege coming)
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
1 week ago#35
Oh, I see people asking about Alatreon datamining stuff.

I feel like I gotta talk about it, but this isn't gonna be easy to explain. This is gonna be very much a "either take my word for it or get a PC copy and do the following steps to find/see the same data I found" kinda thing, because the data itself is relatively easy to fabricate.

The short version of the process I've used to get to the data is:
Download the PC version of the game (duh).
Extract the chunk files using MHVuze's WorldChunkTool.
Find the text data base files (.gmd files, stored in chunkX/common/text/steam, with some older unused versions stored in chunkX/common/text/vfont, where X is the number of the chunk)
Use either a hex editor to manually explore and edit them, or FusionR's Cirilla gmd editor for an easy to understand graphical user interference.

The result would be finding this:
https://i.imgtc.com/QelXCH6.png

Names for Escadora armour in old files.
And
https://i.imgtc.com/FvL72wb.png

Kirin U (oroshi Kirin armour) names.

Newer gmd files completely removed Kirin U, and only have three pieces of Escadora
https://i.imgtc.com/e5Ck2XK.png

They even include PS4 exclusive stuff
https://i.imgtc.com/q3dbSl5.png

Names for Aloy layered and gamma armour, with the original alpha being removed.

The same file should have the description too, as can be seen with normal Kirin armour, but between this not being release-ready, and capcom being kinda lazy, it makes sense that Escadora and Kirin U, as well as Aloy armour don't have any descriptions, just names.

The names are far from a guarantee that the monsters they reference will be added, and their removal is also not a guarantee that the monster have been cancelled. Aloy armour's names are in the PC version, and I'm not even gonna consider that possibility of that being ever a thing (outside of modded versions) on PC. On the other hand, the entries for Drachen armour aren't in the latest gmd files, but Behemoth has been confirmed to be released on PC in two weeks, so ultimately take all of this with a grain of salt.

On purple sharpness and other would be G-rank content:

Purple sharpness is usable via publicly available mods. Other unused but perfectly functional content include level 5 gunlance shelling (and even seemingly perfectly functional level 6 with some slightly more advanced tweaking), a few unused SA phials (Dragon and Poison phials from 60 to 580, with 60 increments, Exhaust phials from 90 to 360, with 30 increments, Paralysis phials from 150 to 420, with 30 increments), as well as one unused dual element dual blades (200 Dragon 600 Para).

There's also some unused skills, but most (like Repeat Offender) are nonfunctional. The only functional one I know of is called Hero's Protection, which negates any attack that would have dealt 5 damage or less. Probably won't ever be introduced, cuz it'd work on Vaal's damage over time and completely negate it. Have yet to test it against AT Vaal, but I imagine the same result.

Now, the existence and functionality of those things (purple sharpness and level 5 gunlance shelling, for example) doesn't mean they're going to absolutely add them, or that they are hellbent on adding G-rank, it just means that they made the game in a way that wouldn't require a lot of work to add purple sharpness and some other G-rank stuff if they were to ever add them.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: Pots_Togo

Pots_Togo
1 week ago#36
Woop woop

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 week ago#37
Very interesting. Thanks.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
3 days ago#38
zxxcman posted...
Oh, I see people asking about Alatreon datamining stuff.

I feel like I gotta talk about it, but this isn't gonna be easy to explain. This is gonna be very much a "either take my word for it or get a PC copy and do the following steps to find/see the same data I found" kinda thing, because the data itself is relatively easy to fabricate.

The short version of the process I've used to get to the data is:
Download the PC version of the game (duh).
Extract the chunk files using MHVuze's WorldChunkTool.
Find the text data base files (.gmd files, stored in chunkX/common/text/steam, with some older unused versions stored in chunkX/common/text/vfont, where X is the number of the chunk)
Use either a hex editor to manually explore and edit them, or FusionR's Cirilla gmd editor for an easy to understand graphical user interference.

The result would be finding this:
https://i.imgtc.com/QelXCH6.png

Names for Escadora armour in old files.
And
https://i.imgtc.com/FvL72wb.png

Kirin U (oroshi Kirin armour) names.

Newer gmd files completely removed Kirin U, and only have three pieces of Escadora
https://i.imgtc.com/e5Ck2XK.png

They even include PS4 exclusive stuff
https://i.imgtc.com/q3dbSl5.png

Names for Aloy layered and gamma armour, with the original alpha being removed.

The same file should have the description too, as can be seen with normal Kirin armour, but between this not being release-ready, and capcom being kinda lazy, it makes sense that Escadora and Kirin U, as well as Aloy armour don't have any descriptions, just names.

The names are far from a guarantee that the monsters they reference will be added, and their removal is also not a guarantee that the monster have been cancelled. Aloy armour's names are in the PC version, and I'm not even gonna consider that possibility of that being ever a thing (outside of modded versions) on PC. On the other hand, the entries for Drachen armour aren't in the latest gmd files, but Behemoth has been confirmed to be released on PC in two weeks, so ultimately take all of this with a grain of salt.

On purple sharpness and other would be G-rank content:

Purple sharpness is usable via publicly available mods. Other unused but perfectly functional content include level 5 gunlance shelling (and even seemingly perfectly functional level 6 with some slightly more advanced tweaking), a few unused SA phials (Dragon and Poison phials from 60 to 580, with 60 increments, Exhaust phials from 90 to 360, with 30 increments, Paralysis phials from 150 to 420, with 30 increments), as well as one unused dual element dual blades (200 Dragon 600 Para).

There's also some unused skills, but most (like Repeat Offender) are nonfunctional. The only functional one I know of is called Hero's Protection, which negates any attack that would have dealt 5 damage or less. Probably won't ever be introduced, cuz it'd work on Vaal's damage over time and completely negate it. Have yet to test it against AT Vaal, but I imagine the same result.

Now, the existence and functionality of those things (purple sharpness and level 5 gunlance shelling, for example) doesn't mean they're going to absolutely add them, or that they are hellbent on adding G-rank, it just means that they made the game in a way that wouldn't require a lot of work to add purple sharpness and some other G-rank stuff if they were to ever add them.

Any arch tempered stuff we haven't seen yet? Or are AT kulve and AT nerg still a mystery?
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
3 days ago#39
ReiderAsmadi posted...
TrueArchery posted...
[...]

Even a ho-hum hh would be better than getting a worst in slot long sword like us slasher boys did. I'm still salty. The wound may never heal and cause we got that piece of filth we will probably never get even a decent one. Longsword meta is beyond stale right now. Here's hoping witcher arch griffins got good weapons. Cause come on we know it's gonna be a griffin? Right?

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
3 days ago#40
thedarklordx3 posted...
Any arch tempered stuff we haven't seen yet? Or are AT kulve and AT nerg still a mystery?

Still a mystery. Though, I'm 99% sure that AT kulve will have 95 new weapons added to the pool. 7 for each melee weapon, 6 for each ranged weapon. We might get to see AT KT weapon stats with the Behemoth update on PC, but that's a moot point since it'd be a couple of days after AT KT gets released.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. The Game Awards are tonight - Keep an eye out for MHW teaser trailer