You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Monsters that represent the 7 Deadly Sins in MHW!
See full Metal alchemist series for better portrayal of the 7 deadly sins in character form
My waifu is Riza Hawkeye. " I'm going to close my account.you win roymustang1990" - tappor

User Info: GeniusHo

GeniusHo
6 days ago#42
TheNextAvatar4 posted...
Gluttony
:Great Jargas:
It is the only monster seen ever to swallow a large herbivore whole, and even uses its own vomit as a weapon. It's also got the belly to make room for both. Even after the food it ate goes to waste, it takes little time for it to search for more prey to bulge its belly.
Honorable mention goes to Odogaron for simply willing to eat rotten corpses, but that comes with the territory.

Wrath
:Deviljho:
Even when this monster gets exhausted after a bout of rampaging, it takes mere seconds for it to go right back to all-out assault (even when in a pitfall trap), and takes the longest to calm down. Plus, any other monster half its size, it will grab, pummel, and slam violently... being undiscriminating and showing up in all locations.
Honorable mention goes to Anjanath for basically being a discount version.

Greed
:Kulu-Ya-Ku:
Whether it's an egg, a rock, or an empowering crystal that makes it twice as large, this monster takes what it can get, and also uses them all as a weapon and/or shield. It's only when you blind it that it will let go of what it holds.
Honorable mention goes to Vaal Hazaak, for the need to have more power by sucking the life out of anything still living near it, leaving nothing but rot in its wake.

Envy
:Bazelgeuse:
This monster takes the definition of "rain on everyone's parade" to a whole new level, and will not hesitate to join in a fight and blow up everyone's good time. It's also quite the attention seeker, roaring the most out of all other monsters, as if plainly saying "NOTICE MEEE!".
Honorable mention goes to Kirin, because it has an identity crisis, thinking it's an Elder Dragon when it is really a unicorn.

Sloth
:Zorah Magdaros:
It may be the biggest monster, but it is also the slowest, and tends to have the least amount of attacks, let alone a pattern of attacks. Plus, it just wants to die in a specific place, so you'd be doing it a favor one way or another since it's too lazy to even do what it wants.
Honorable mention goes to Paolumu, just because it can be seen floating around napping.

Pride
:Nergigante:
This elder dragon is known for competing with or even hunting other elder dragons (Zorah included)! It is not discriminate in what to attack though, and hates looking bad by being attacked at all, so it hardens the spikes on its body to avoid any scars by saying "I'm so badass that even YOU can't touch me!".
Honorable mention goes to Teostra, for both looking like it has a sense of dignity as a monster, and the armor set is fancy too.

Lust
:Lunastra:
While not sexually explicit, this monster is the only one seen to protect another monster, and show any display of teamwork to take down opposing foes. Plus, the entire armor set you get from it just screams "I want to be helpful yet resilient in a possibly long fight" with the skills it provides.
Honorable mention goes to Kulve Taroth, for the reputation of being able to "take some punishment" and never die.

Pretty good post
To Dare is To Do
GeniusHo posted...
TheNextAvatar4 posted...
Gluttony
:Great Jargas:
It is the only monster seen ever to swallow a large herbivore whole, and even uses its own vomit as a weapon. It's also got the belly to make room for both. Even after the food it ate goes to waste, it takes little time for it to search for more prey to bulge its belly.
Honorable mention goes to Odogaron for simply willing to eat rotten corpses, but that comes with the territory.

Wrath
:Deviljho:
Even when this monster gets exhausted after a bout of rampaging, it takes mere seconds for it to go right back to all-out assault (even when in a pitfall trap), and takes the longest to calm down. Plus, any other monster half its size, it will grab, pummel, and slam violently... being undiscriminating and showing up in all locations.
Honorable mention goes to Anjanath for basically being a discount version.

Greed
:Kulu-Ya-Ku:
Whether it's an egg, a rock, or an empowering crystal that makes it twice as large, this monster takes what it can get, and also uses them all as a weapon and/or shield. It's only when you blind it that it will let go of what it holds.
Honorable mention goes to Vaal Hazaak, for the need to have more power by sucking the life out of anything still living near it, leaving nothing but rot in its wake.

Envy
:Bazelgeuse:
This monster takes the definition of "rain on everyone's parade" to a whole new level, and will not hesitate to join in a fight and blow up everyone's good time. It's also quite the attention seeker, roaring the most out of all other monsters, as if plainly saying "NOTICE MEEE!".
Honorable mention goes to Kirin, because it has an identity crisis, thinking it's an Elder Dragon when it is really a unicorn.

Sloth
:Zorah Magdaros:
It may be the biggest monster, but it is also the slowest, and tends to have the least amount of attacks, let alone a pattern of attacks. Plus, it just wants to die in a specific place, so you'd be doing it a favor one way or another since it's too lazy to even do what it wants.
Honorable mention goes to Paolumu, just because it can be seen floating around napping.

Pride
:Nergigante:
This elder dragon is known for competing with or even hunting other elder dragons (Zorah included)! It is not discriminate in what to attack though, and hates looking bad by being attacked at all, so it hardens the spikes on its body to avoid any scars by saying "I'm so badass that even YOU can't touch me!".
Honorable mention goes to Teostra, for both looking like it has a sense of dignity as a monster, and the armor set is fancy too.

Lust
:Lunastra:
While not sexually explicit, this monster is the only one seen to protect another monster, and show any display of teamwork to take down opposing foes. Plus, the entire armor set you get from it just screams "I want to be helpful yet resilient in a possibly long fight" with the skills it provides.
Honorable mention goes to Kulve Taroth, for the reputation of being able to "take some punishment" and never die.

Pretty good post

I think so, too. TrueArchery may not have been a fan, but it's not like this is a paid idea, it's just for fun that doesn't have to be relevant to Monster Hunter World, yet it doesn't hurt to add layers.
If you think anything lasts forever, you're living in your head instead of with the rest of us.

User Info: Trigger Zero

Trigger Zero
6 days ago#44
TrueArchery posted...
Sorry TC, my post was too disrespectful. You do yours and I do mine and this definitely isn't my cup of tea. Have to say though that I consider the second half of the OP and the spoiler-parts to be on the same level as trashy fanfic, it's just nonsense. But shouldn't have replied like at the beginning.

btw Trigger, I was talking about the literal first reply in this thread. Not my first reply.

That wasn't clear. Sorry for assuming it was.
Such be all of humanity, a species clinging to hopes that reality be but a dream that they may wake from it in Heaven.

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
6 days ago#45
A few more honorable mentions: The quest "Greet The Glutton" is about Jho - not Jagras - whose appetite is supposed to disrupt entire ecosystems. The quest "Wrath Of Rath" is about Rath (-alos and -ian), who will chase you across the map if you disturb their eggs.

And of course, Taroth covers herself in as much gold as our entire world's reserves. Her feet should crush the rocks beneath her under the weight. I'm not sure whether that's a manifestation of pride or greed, though.

Edit: Mostly about Rathian, who is a lousy nest-sitter - leaving the nest alone for hours at a stretch - but will come after you from afar if you disturb her eggs. Rathalos never comes, nor does he even take his turn sitting on the nest.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Dark_Abaddon

Dark_Abaddon
6 days ago#46
TheNextAvatar4 posted...
Dark_Abaddon posted...
at least TC didn't put Nerg aas glutton because eater of elders lmao.

Jho is a better choice. it will literally run across the entire map to eat a monster you you just killed. it will do this even if it has recently eaten something.

I will admit that Jho is a less better choice this game versus previous ones as Jho no longer stops everything to eat random bits of meat placed on the ground.

What would replace Wrath, then?

Odogaron or nergigante or diablos? does anything spend most of the fight in rage mode?
Gaming while on a treadmill

User Info: EazyE17

EazyE17
6 days ago#47
Placid01 posted...
A few more honorable mentions: The quest "Greet The Glutton" is about Jho - not Jagras - whose appetite is supposed to disrupt entire ecosystems. The quest "Wrath Of Rath" is about Rath (-alos and -ian), who will chase you across the map if you disturb their eggs.

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Greeting+the+Gluttons

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/The+Great+Glutton
FC: 0705 4026 9492 IGN: Ed

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
6 days ago#48
EazyE17 posted...

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Greeting+the+Gluttons

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/The+Great+Glutton

Oops. Thanks!

User Info: Versaile

Versaile
6 days ago#49
Considering Jho has an insatiable appetite (literally will eat his own tail if he has to, and one of the very few cannibal monsters of the series), I would have made him the glutton. I would have made Wrath somebody else like Odogaron or something.

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
6 days ago#50
Versaile posted...
Considering Jho has an insatiable appetite (literally will eat his own tail if he has to, and one of the very few cannibal monsters of the series), I would have made him the glutton. I would have made Wrath somebody else like Odogaron or something.

I don't know about Jho. Jho doesn't eat that much for the fun of it, it eats that much due to its insanely fast metabolism, and it'd probably starve to death in a matter of hours if it stops eating. Jho doesn't live to eat, it eats to live.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Monsters that represent the 7 Deadly Sins in MHW!