You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Winter Festival - (EX) Behemoth Room

User Info: Symphoenixa

Symphoenixa
2 weeks ago#1
I was wondering: no Behemoth room until now? Well, if we something need here, then that! ^^
Additionally here are the instructions from the last thread for EX Behemoth - some people said to me that it was helpful. For regular Behemoth, some of these are not needed, so take it just as an orientiation.
I hope we'll see you soon! ^^

Sets and Items:
- Health Boost +3 and Wide Range +5 are heavily recommended for this fight, seriously. I don't care how good you are, this is a team fight!
- You don't need that much of DPS skills. Survivability is much more important!
- One dedicated healer is always a good role to fill in, but it isn't necessary if all players use some healing items with Wide range +5.
- Bring adamant seeds with you. EX Behemoth's meteor attacks can inflict defense down and you want to avoid that. Because of this, always have an eye on your health bar and of those of your teammates.
- Astera Jerky is a very good item, too. Not only can it potentially more heal than a Mega-Potion, but it can heal the bleeding status.

The general hunt:
- Don't interrupt the tank and don't swarm out too much. Let the tank do his job, seriously!
- If you're not the tank, just focus on the legs/tail.
- But always remember: don't be too offensive. Always have an eye on (EX) Behemoths movements and attacks - for the sake of your teammates, too.
- Even if the tank has the enmity of (EX) Behemoth, watch out for its spin attack!
- The tank can try to get pinned down in the 3rd phase, to get the enmity really fast. The others should heal him immediately.
- HBG clusters are a good choice for this fight, especially for the 3rd phase ("DPS phase") and even the 4th phase (because you have to kill it quickly, it's too hectic for a long fight), BUT they should focus on the back or, for the better, on the tail. Don't try to play the tank AND a cluster role - most of the time it is too difficult for that, because you don't have much room for both roles.
- If your timing is right, you can avoid every EM with the jump emote. You need a certain distance to the EM impact place (approx. two or three SAED units away) and you have to use the jump emote right after your "covering animation" of your character. Because of this, avoid any animation that could interrupt it - like walking or taking off a mantle or unsheathing a weapon. Stand still, keep calm and look to your character.
- Don't play the "badass". If you can reach a comet, use it. And if you stand behind a comet, you can (and should, if you're not confident enough about your jumping skills) train your jumps. Practice and patience makes perfect!
- Have always an eye on the comet/s: either to reach them or to prevent (EX) Behemoth to destroy it/them.

Status (support):
- It's preferred to put him into sleep in the 3rd and/or 4th phase. For the 3rd phase, a certain amount of damae is needed and in the 4th phase to nearly skip one (or even two) of the three subphases. You can put him into sleep in another phase too, but that's ONLY recommended if you don't have ANY possibilities to get the controll back over the fight!
- Don't mount, KO, paralyse or sleep it if the tank has the enmity - seriously. If he can take it, you don't have to worry about it. The fight is under control.
- The other way around it's really good to help the tank with a precise paralysis or something similar (NOT sleep!), because every good tank should try to get its enmity IMMEDIATELY!
- Controlled Status shots are more better than uncontrollable status melee weapons.

That are some good advices for a smooth (EX) Behemoth hunt. You don't have to cover all of them, but if you consider most of them, the hunt is pretty easy.
And as a last note:
Your weapon choice doesn't really matter if you're just a DPS hunter. Just do your job and everything is okay. ^^
Rising like a Phoenix, raging like a Cucco!
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that! ^^)

User Info: RaphaelBelmont

RaphaelBelmont
2 weeks ago#2
Tl;dr

Play with randoms, its a 10 min cart fest or a feast.
I'll cure you from the disease called life. https://i.imgtc.com/YG9JcY2.png

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
2 weeks ago#3
Yeah, I'd love to give it a whirl sometime. I'm on right now actually
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
2 weeks ago#4
Does EX Behemoth have more phases than normal? I was in a group that survived what I thought would be the last EM but then I got killed by something else shortly afterwards. ;_;
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: deathknights

deathknights
2 weeks ago#5
I just want to add when someone has the enmity, the rest of the group (esp bladers) should concentrate on cutting the tail asap. Makes the fight a little bit easier, and for some reason, people tend to get hit the most when he's doing the spinning roonnie.
When ask would a guy hit a girl? Many said no at first, but then when ask what if she was trying to kill them.... Hypocrites i tell ya.

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
2 weeks ago#6
Alright, I'm going to leave general tips from my experience with the hunt so far. I was mainly a tank, so I'll be mentioning my personal tanking strategy and what I want/don't want people to do when I'm tanking.

A tank, in my personal experience, has three basic main jobs:

1) Get enmity.
2) Don't die.
3) Position Extreme Behemoth properly.

Everyone else has three basics jobs:

1) Don't die.
2) Do a lot of damage.
3) Position the comet properly.

My setup/plan to the tanking:
Weapon: Luna Styx HBG, with shield mods.
Mantles: Rocksteady and Temporal.
Must have skills: Guard up, Evade Extender 3, health boost 3, as much guard as you're comfortable with (with guard 5 you basically ignore all of his attacks), and then go for offensive stuff, I prioritize Free Element/Ammo Up 3, then go for Weakness Exploit and special ammo boost, because I like using wyvernsnipe.

How to get enmity: Shoot him with slicing ammo on the face. In my experience, 5-7 slicing shots would get you enmity. Some people prefer to go with Glutton and spread 3, I go with slicing because they're easier to land from distance. If you go into area 1 with Rocksteady, you'd be able to get enough shots to get enmity while he's doing his opening roar.

What to do when you get enmity:
1) In area 1, lure him to underneath the pillars, then drop them on him (you can use pierce ammo for that).
2) If you ever find yourself wearing temporal mantle while having enmity, shoot him with cluster bombs.
3) After he drops the comet, move away from the comet til Behemoth is between you and the comet. Make sure you're just far enough that he won't be hitting it when he does his spin attack. This is where Evade Extender 3 kicks in, if you have evade extender 3, you'd have enough time to roll to the comet without sheathing your weapon while he's casting Ecliptic Meteor, even if you had Behemoth between you and the comet.
4) If you're not in any of the previously mentioned scenarios, just shoot him with whatever ammo you have while between his attacks. It won't count for much, but it's better than nothing.

About phase 3.
In phase 3, I personally switch to cluster DPS. I feel that in phase 3, because he doesn't throw any tornadoes, a tank isn't 100% required.

What I'd want other players to do:
Just don't stand at the edge of the map. Especially not in phase 4. Especially not when he's targeting you with a comet.

Standing in the direction of the tank before the tank gets enmity would be nice too, to give the tank access to the face. Not as mandatory as watching where you stand when you're targeted by a comet.

Also, while not always an option, leaving the area against Extreme Behemoth does protect you from Ecliptic Meteor, so if you counted the damage or something, and can predict that he's gonna drop the EM soon, but there are no comets or something, you could leave the area, or if you do it before he actually starts casting Ecliptic Meteor, even farcaster to safety.

Now finally, I leave you with a shameless plug: footage of two of the three times where I got to see Extreme Behemoth die:

https://youtu.be/Du03a-Ez4k4

https://youtu.be/w_QUMyJpiN8
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
2 weeks ago#7
@KANE_79 posted...
Does EX Behemoth have more phases than normal? I was in a group that survived what I thought would be the last EM but then I got killed by something else shortly afterwards. ;_;

Kind of. EX Behemoth drops three EMs in the last area. One comet for each. The homestretch is the hardest part in that quest.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: paulodybi

paulodybi
2 weeks ago#8
KANE_79 posted...

he drops 3 EM at final phase before he died

User Info: BaziIIions

BaziIIions
2 weeks ago#9
zxxcman posted...
1) In area 1, lure him to underneath the pillars, then drop them on him (you can use pierce ammo for that).

You should try to do this as he's leaving. Or at least one of them.

I don't recall Extreme's exact pattern, but he'll flinch near the end of phase one, do a little more damage, then drop it on him. Or try to drop it as he casts ecliptic/is running out.
Bless their empty little heads.
~~ Pizza Crew ~~

User Info: BaziIIions

BaziIIions
2 weeks ago#10
Benefit of doing that is he'll drop dragon pods right there, also get through phase two faster.
Bless their empty little heads.
~~ Pizza Crew ~~
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Winter Festival - (EX) Behemoth Room