You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Normal Mh Vs. Mh world

User Info: Cillzone1721

Cillzone1721
1 week ago#1
First off, i wanna be clear that if world is your first mh experience, plz dont comment on this board. This board is specifically for people who have played mh alot previously and now may or may not be playing world. Not hating on the world newcomers, just saying that your opinion here isnt viable.

Ok, so ive played mh for a long time, it was the main series i played growing up, next to robopons (which none of you have ever heard of, but if you played it too, dm me, ive always wanted to find somebody else), anyway, ive put aton of time and effort into the series because i enjoy it. After generations, i was looking forward to world as it would be like old times playing mh on a console. Then world released, and i played it....alot actually, but throughout the whole game, it didnt seem right. Thats not trying to downplay the amazing world (pun intended) that Capcom had made. The thing is, it didnt feel like mh. Not because of the graphics or controller, but all the little and big things combined together to make something that is a great video game, but not a great mh experience. Idk if im alone in this opinion, but hopefully we all can discuss if we want the MH in world, or the real MH. No matter your opinion, i wanna know your thoughts on this.
Gamers Never Die, We Just Level Up.
FC 3926-7805-4442 , https://discord.gg/aGaZpaB <Super Chill and Friendly Discord Server
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Jeannie13

Jeannie13
1 week ago#2
At best you're a bit harsh, at worst you really are hating. At the start of the second paragraph, you come off as a pretentious bastard. Just an observation so you can understand how others might view your post.

Fortunately though, I have been playing since Freedom Unite.

In a topic like this, you need to set out a baseline: what do you consider "Normal" Monster Hunter and what makes World "Abnormal"?
The Last Remnant Remastered! 12/6
PSN: RPGamer13, Twitch: JeannieLuv

User Info: Dark_Abaddon

Dark_Abaddon
1 week ago#3
it still feels like MH to me... just with capcom running into issues with a lot of things and making bad decisions with resources (Zorah).

the lower difficulty and bad online structure detracts a lot to... I don't even go online for hunts because I can just solo everything with less effort than finding a good team.
Gaming while on a treadmill

User Info: zepfan79

zepfan79
1 week ago#4
After your first sentence didn’t read the rest.

I’ll post here new to the franchise without your approval.

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 week ago#5
Story time folks.

Seriously you didnt even share your own opinion or reason why you think things are different.

I dont know where you've been in the last few months if you consider yourself a veteran but, this topic has already been discussed multiple times before.

MHW has its ups and downs. Mainstream happened.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Vesperas

Vesperas
1 week ago#6
Cillzone1721 posted...
First off, i wanna be clear that if world is your first mh experience, plz dont comment on this board. This board is specifically for people who have played mh alot previously and now may or may not be playing world. Not hating on the world newcomers, just saying that your opinion here isnt viable.

Ok, so ive played mh for a long time, it was the main series i played growing up, next to robopons (which none of you have ever heard of, but if you played it too, dm me, ive always wanted to find somebody else), anyway, ive put aton of time and effort into the series because i enjoy it. After generations, i was looking forward to world as it would be like old times playing mh on a console. Then world released, and i played it....alot actually, but throughout the whole game, it didnt seem right. Thats not trying to downplay the amazing world (pun intended) that Capcom had made. The thing is, it didnt feel like mh. Not because of the graphics or controller, but all the little and big things combined together to make something that is a great video game, but not a great mh experience. Idk if im alone in this opinion, but hopefully we all can discuss if we want the MH in world, or the real MH. No matter your opinion, i wanna know your thoughts on this.

Not sure what's worse, that you think you have any authority or that you think we care about your robopons.
Fierce Uprising's Legendary Leader and undisputed best MGO3 Sniper.
NA PS4 PSN: Vesperas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XyvA3xMG6I (10 secsonds)

User Info: DS_Aneila

DS_Aneila
1 week ago#7
Scratches balls*
I like to makeup MMO acronyms and misuse them out of context. Nobody knows MMOs like I do - EX_Bloathog - every GFaqs thread

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#8
World felt like MH perfected. The only thing it lacks is the amount of monsters, but that will grow with time.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 week ago#9
flopic
Did anybody else notice Jamal Charles played a few snaps for KC this year? I thought that was just swell.
Big E
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Normal Mh Vs. Mh world