• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: forge

forge
2 months ago#1
Sorry but this game is getting boring! Same monsters over and over again. Sure they're stronger but still, same monsters. Same maps over and over again. Makes it not fun any more. Why have the developers not put in some new maps? This is my first MH game. Loved it up until around HR110 or so. Kept playing trying to still enjoy it but when I got to HR180, I was drained.
How do you MH veterans stay with the game so long and stay interested? Just asking, because I just couldn't do it. I will probably try a new MH game in the future because initially I liked it, but the repetition became too much to bear.
Live Long and Prosper - Spock

User Info: TheSoldierChris

TheSoldierChris
2 months ago#2
Tbh the older games did have a bit more content.
Ign: TheSoldier hr150 mhw, hr500 mhgen, hr800 mh4u. I main Gs, Cb, Hh, Lbg, Hbg, and Ls.

User Info: ZavierTheHunter

ZavierTheHunter
2 months ago#3
I feel the same way. This is my first MH game, but I can tell it wasn't the best one to start with.

It's fun, when it's not being a b**** to play. But all I do now is help newer hunters with quests and try to improve myself (HR 74).

I don't even bother with Temp/Arch Temp Elder Dragons. Because I feel that fighting the same monster with a higher difficulty is just boring and not worth it.

I mean, all the Arch Temp Elder Dragons do is give you the same set of armor that it already has, but with different skills, and set of layered armor. One is beneficial, while the other is most likely an unrelated cosmetic...
Gamefaqs is a place where you can witness evolution and degeneration of mankind, dood!

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
2 months ago#4
If you got 300 hours out of MH, I'd call that a success and a great investment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWMMBWTxkyE

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
2 months ago#5
Master_Norris69 posted...

Agreed. If you're not having as much fun, time to move on to another game until new content is released. 300 hours out of a game sounds like you got your money's worth.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: best_carter_mhw

best_carter_mhw
2 months ago#6
I have a feeling that World is Capcom's unfinished homework but it's somehow got the best score. Imagine how cool is World when it's actually finished...
My Family is really good at selling, they sold me to some killers. Everything I said was right. Now you've seen how powerful God's Will is.

User Info: MizuUma

MizuUma
2 months ago#7

This, it's like seeing steam reviews calling a game bad in one way or another while the reviewer has more than 100 hours. Hell, I'd even 40+ hours (does depend on the game however) can be a worthwhile investment. I've even seen a negative review with 4k hours once stating there isn't enough content, though I kind of assume it's meant to be a joke. You never really know nowadays.

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
2 months ago#8
forge posted...
Sorry but this game is getting boring! Same monsters over and over again. Sure they're stronger but still, same monsters. Same maps over and over again. Makes it not fun any more. Why have the developers not put in some new maps? This is my first MH game. Loved it up until around HR110 or so. Kept playing trying to still enjoy it but when I got to HR180, I was drained.
How do you MH veterans stay with the game so long and stay interested? Just asking, because I just couldn't do it. I will probably try a new MH game in the future because initially I liked it, but the repetition became too much to bear.

Game has a lower monster count then past games and a poor endgame.

Move on. 300 hours is good but at this point you are squeezing the blood out of a stone.

User Info: VandalCrown

VandalCrown
2 months ago#9
Imagine if you put 300 hours into perfecting your lap dance skills
Conglaturation !!! You have completed a great game. And prooved the justice of our culture.
Now go and rest our heroes !

User Info: forge

forge
2 months ago#10

tokerblue posted...

Agreed. If you're not having as much fun, time to move on to another game until new content is released. 300 hours out of a game sounds like you got your money's worth.

Yes, I agree. 300 hours is a huge investment of time but if they had added some new maps, some different types of quests, some new monsters, I might have kept going. I loved the concept but it is what it is at this point.
Live Long and Prosper - Spock
  • Topic Archived