• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Ps4 vs PC my thoughts

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
5 months ago#101
CrimsonStrider posted...
VermilionX posted...
You didn't mention the other best part of PC apart from "way more often than not" runs better...

Free online play!

f*** PS4 ps+

Throughout the course of a year you probably make back that money through free games and discounts.

Eh, PC still got better prices for games. Basically every brand new AAA game is 20-25% off without any subscriptions by preordering it via GMG. Humble Monthly gives you a few games every month to keep, and an unconditioned 10% discount on everything on their store.

PS+ holds both the "free games" they give you and online hostage to keep you subscribed.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: Dark_Abaddon

Dark_Abaddon
5 months ago#102
zxxcman posted...
CrimsonStrider posted...
VermilionX posted...
You didn't mention the other best part of PC apart from "way more often than not" runs better...

Free online play!

f*** PS4 ps+

Throughout the course of a year you probably make back that money through free games and discounts.

Eh, PC still got better prices for games. Basically every brand new AAA game is 20-25% off without any subscriptions by preordering it via GMG. Humble Monthly gives you a few games every month to keep, and an unconditioned 10% discount on everything on their store.

PS+ holds both the "free games" they give you and online hostage to keep you subscribed.

not to mention you actually have to LIKE the PS+ games for it to be worth it.
Gaming while on a treadmill

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
5 months ago#103
Dark_Abaddon posted...
zxxcman posted...
CrimsonStrider posted...
VermilionX posted...

Free online play!

f*** PS4 ps+

not to mention you actually have to LIKE the PS+ games for it to be worth it.

PS+ was actually worth it on PS3. I stopped the subscription on PS4 because the titles didn't interest me in the least or the good ones were so late that I had already bought them for 5 bucks on some steam sale.

As for 20-25% discounts on pre-orders. You don't even have to do that. Every game is cheaper on PC because the devs don't push the console license fee on customers and there are authorized (meaning they are legit) steam resellers that sell keys for 20-25% off during launch window. that you can look up on game deal aggregate sites.

Always been a fan of the Playstation consoles, but these days it's mostly for console/sony exclusives for me.
PSN: ToveriJuri

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
5 months ago#104
Guys guys guys

The strategy is obviously to build a cheap PC gaming rig, then buy a console on sale or used.

Just like me. :^)

Then you make fun of both sides of the console wars.
MHW Supplemental Discord: https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
https://imgur.com/QL6WJAl https://imgur.com/lGlcDyU

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
5 months ago#105
SpinKirby posted...
Guys guys guys

The strategy is obviously to build a cheap PC gaming rig, then buy a console on sale or used.

Just like me. :^)

Then you make fun of both sides of the console wars.

Why not make a high end PC rig on top of buying the consoles/handhelds?
What're ya', poor? We're gamers.
We go where the games we wanna play are.

Besides, all platforms are kinda scummy in one way or another so I'd rather not pick any side to stand by through thick or thin.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Ps4 vs PC my thoughts
  • Topic Archived