• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Ps4 vs PC my thoughts

User Info: EX_Bortthog

EX_Bortthog
5 months ago#11
GourryGabriev25 posted...
Well since i have played both a lot due to friends not having a Ps4 or a Pc that can run the Pc version i wanted to just say i prefer console version and her is a breakdown on teh differences and then why i chose console.

Console pro's:
Larger helpful community
All current content
Feels more fluid playing
Still a lot for me to do

Pc's Pro's:
Faster load times
A take all button in rewards
somewhat better graphics
more customization controls
faster communication

I rather have the console because this community is larger and more helpful, Pc seems to lack that and a lot seem to just jump into battles and not dodge muhc(wasted a lot of investigations). Also the content release is slow. they were supposed to have i believe up to Lunastra at launch if not Kulve, and Pc will not get Kulve till November, so aside from leveling up and grinding out stream stones and jewels not much for me to focus on and its get very dull. while Ps4 i have access to a lot more gear to practice with and work on. It feel more fun to me. I would lvoe if they added a take all button, but as long as there is a good player base its not a big deal

Console has a collect all button. It's called "sell all mats"

Outside special event items I don't think I have actually collected a mat in a few hundred hunts
#1 Cactus
https://youtu.be/4_R0_nL5zDE REALLY SOON, NOT SOON ENOUGH

User Info: Pots_Togo

Pots_Togo
5 months ago#12
Pc def wins, especially mod wise, so much more qol, weapon designs in the works, bikini armors for girls, real transmog, dps disections, and so on.

Runs like butter, you really notice the frame rates when you hop from pc to ps4 pro.

The load times are dependant on your drive, i have an ssd in my pro, no load times.

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
5 months ago#13
Pots_Togo posted...
Pc def wins, especially mod wise, so much more qol, weapon designs in the works, bikini armors for girls, real transmog, dps disections, and so on.

Runs like butter, you really notice the frame rates when you hop from pc to ps4 pro.

The load times are dependant on your drive, i have an ssd in my pro, no load times.

Is there a mod yet where you can wear the outfits the handler got?

They're too good for her to horde for herself.

User Info: Pots_Togo

Pots_Togo
5 months ago#14
ALEXx7UP posted...
Pots_Togo posted...

Is there a mod yet where you can wear the outfits the handler got?

They're too good for her to horde for herself.

Yes with color change options too

User Info: teknic1200

teknic1200
5 months ago#15
750 hours on PS4, 250 on PC.

Not sure what you are talking about community wise. There are a lot of awful players on PS4.

The fact that I can be on a hunt less than 15 seconds after picking it on the quest board is one reason I sold my ps4 but it's more than just that.

I couldn't play the ps4 game after playing on pc. It looks like crap, the framrate is s*** and the loading times are insane. I'm having an easier time using discord to get teams, there's more voice chat and overall there's a lot less failed quests on PC.
Monster Huntin'

User Info: Kiutsu

Kiutsu
5 months ago#16
Once again the PC vs Console is a player preference. It does not matter how much better one is over the other because it all comes down to what people are comfortable playing on. Some people just do not enjoy playing games on the PC no matter how much better it is. Same for consoles.

I play both PC and console games and the only reason i stay on the ps4 for monster hunter world is because i'm NOT starting all over again after playing for over 500 hours.

The loading times on the ps4 is a non issue when it's easily fixed by buying an SSD for it. Other games benefit from it aswell and the SSD is NOT locked to your ps4 forever. You can use it for your PC or future consoles should it be possible to swap.

User Info: KCGemini

KCGemini
5 months ago#17
Kiutsu posted...
The loading times on the ps4 is a non issue when it's easily fixed by buying an SSD for it.

While that is somewhat true, a PC running MHW off an SSD will load everything within 3-4 seconds just because the PS4 (Pro) cannot fully utilize said SSD:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/91zhrs/monster_hunter_world_pc_ssd_load_times_sonic_fast/

And if you're using a normal PS4 without an SSD, well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDq56GF-i_A

Even before I got an SSD into my PS4, I dread to imagine how much of the 500 hours I have currently that was spent loading data.
Purification in progress...
https://i.imgur.com/8Zp8mR4.png
(message deleted)

User Info: Tidus1012

Tidus1012
5 months ago#19
PS4 is way better IMO.

Is not the super extremely powerful machine, but really doesn't matter, still play games perfectly (and look good). Get the game, take your controller, and you're done.

With a PS4 you don't need a f***ing Frankenstein PC that need to be upgraded continuously (monitor, processor, mouse, keyboard, fans to prevent the whole s*** to burst, etc.)

Doesn't matter the other things you can do with a PC, they are unnecessary.

Not to mention the amazing PS4 exclusive library.
I am a self-proclaimed pluviophile.

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
5 months ago#20
Tidus1012 posted...
With a PS4 you don't need a f***ing Frankenstein PC that need to be upgraded continuously (

i haven't upgraded till like 5 years after the last system i bought (and i only got a mid-range PC at the time)

sounds about the same with consoles

esp now that consoles follow the PC trend of upgrading... PS4, PS4 pro

anyway... i like some of the exclusives on PS4, but yeah, i stick to offline exclusives since f*** PS+
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://imgur.com/5dkx5Ah
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Ps4 vs PC my thoughts
  • Topic Archived