• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. *Actual* decoration drop rates

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
11 months ago#31
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
Drexlerfan22 posted...
I've put too many hours into the PS4 version to switch platforms, but man, stuff like this sure makes the PC version more attractive.

How does people cheating make it more attractive? If I join a random group for something like Behemoth, I don't want people to one shot it.

Why not lol?

Behemoth is trash and deserves it.

Because I play games for the gameplay.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Shirogane03

Shirogane03
11 months ago#32
Nah, if I had everything with a mod I'd probably be done with the game by now. Grind is a big part of the game and I like it, I just think that the actual percentages are pretty darn low.
You either die a heroe or live long enough to become... a flower pot.

User Info: NewAnimeFanDV

NewAnimeFanDV
11 months ago#33
Confirms what everyone already knew

The decoration distribution wasn't even which was a stupid decision on capcoms part.

Mod makes the rarer decorations easier to get and equalises the others

I don't know why the decorations weren't equal to begin with.
Would still be rng complaints but at least it would have been fair

I'm not going to use the mod though
Intel i5 6600k, Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Kingston Fury DDR4 16GB (2x8G) 2133MHz
Asus Z170-P LGA 1151 Mobo, Acer Predator XB271HU

User Info: guerrillakidney

guerrillakidney
11 months ago#34
Well now that i see the actual odds im glad i stopped playing until some new monsters come out. I didnt need the decorations to wreck shop and was not enjoying the grind anymore

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
11 months ago#35
Kiranico has had decoration drop rates since like...practically when it first went up.

https://mhworld.kiranico.com/decoration

This really wasn't common knowledge before?

User Info: Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22
11 months ago#36
LonelyGaruga posted...
Kiranico has had decoration drop rates since like...practically when it first went up.

https://mhworld.kiranico.com/decoration

This really wasn't common knowledge before?

...except that if you actually took a moment to compare Kiranico with this new data, you'd see that Kiranico's drop rates aren't actually correct.

All Kiranico did is take the chance for a particular Feystone to give you a deco from a particular rarity level, then divide the odds evenly by the number of decorations in that rarity level. Hence it says all rare8's are the same, all rare7's are the same, etc., which is untrue. Kiranico should be updated, or it'll just be perpetuating misinformation.

So nice try, but... wrong.
(edited 11 months ago)

LonelyGaruga
11 months ago#37
I see, unlike 4U and Gen/GU, it seems that for MHW Kiranico doesn't have any information extracted from the game whatsoever. I thought that might've been how the decoration rates were acquired, but evidently not.

For what it's worth, I did look at it, and I did see the discrepancy, but I had assessed it as the work of an update. I had neglected to consider that the MHW Kiranico actually has a lot of misinformation on it elsewhere, so the decoration table couldn't be trusted.

Anyway...those are some pretty trashy drop rates, dang. So Attack Boost is tied for 2nd rarest decoration drop at 0.3% as its best rate. Makes sense. So that's an average of 2,000 Warped Feystones for 6 Attack Boost decorations, if I didn't screw up.

Yeah that's definitely a way worse grind than for something like Sharpness+5 OOO in MHGen, good grief.
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22
11 months ago#38
LonelyGaruga posted...
I see, unlike 4U and Gen/GU, it seems that for MHW Kiranico doesn't have any information extracted from the game whatsoever. I thought that might've been how the decoration rates were acquired, but evidently not.

For what it's worth, I did look at it, and I did see the discrepancy, but I had assessed it as the work of an update. I had neglected to consider that the MHW Kiranico actually has a lot of misinformation on it elsewhere, so the decoration table couldn't be trusted.

Anyway...those are some pretty trashy drop rates, dang. So Attack Boost is tied for 2nd rarest decoration drop at 0.3% as its best rate. Makes sense. So that's an average of 2,000 Warped Feystones for 6 Attack Boost decorations, if I didn't screw up.

Yeah that's definitely a way worse grind than for something like Sharpness+5 OOO in MHGen, good grief.

My brother and I were debating about the crappiness of MHW decos vs charm grind. We're on separate sides of the fence. I dislike charms more because getting a good one is all or nothing. For instance, I put like 400 hours in Gen and never got even the Sharpness+5 OOO, let alone a good 2-skill one with three sockets. Whereas decos in MHW, even the super rare ones, seem easier to get... there's just more of them that you need.

Anyway, whatever. I think we can all agree that the drop rates on rare decos for MHW suck (especially for super-basic things like friggin' Attack), whether or not you think charm farming is worse. I'd still love to have just one more handicraft jewel, but after 550 hours the game refuses to give it to me. :-/
(edited 11 months ago)

LonelyGaruga
11 months ago#39
It should only take you about 430 Warped Feystones for that Handicraft decoration!

But yeah I got loads of charms with an equivalent rarity to Sharpness+5 OOO in just 50 hours of charm grinding in MHGen, and I didn't even have any skills like Good Luck or Charm Chaser. And charm farming is even better in GU with that one event quest. Get 20-40 Enduring Charms per run.

User Info: Evourl

Evourl
11 months ago#40
I have each and every type of decos at this point but...

1 Handicraft Jewel, 4 Attack Jewels, 3 Challenger Jewels and 3 Furor Jewels are the only thing left for actual complete deco collection.

Drop rates are insanely low on these remaining ones geez...
(edited 11 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. *Actual* decoration drop rates
  • Post New Message