• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. *Actual* decoration drop rates

User Info: Shirogane03

Shirogane03
11 months ago#21
^Oh, I see. Well, I would be ok if the rarest one had 5%. 1,75% is just way too low.
You either die a heroe or live long enough to become... a flower pot.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
11 months ago#22
Shirogane03 posted...
^Oh, I see. Well, I would be ok if the rarest one had 5%. 1,75% is just way too low.

Honestly, I feel like the way Feystones work is kinda dumb.

Regular Feystones should only drop Rarity 5 Decos.
Gleaming should be R6, Worn is R7, and Warped is R8.

As it stands, beyond Augment farming which is widely useless outside most things beyond Behemoth and maybe some ATs, you basically have next to no incentive to farm normally since even Warped Feystones have a decent chance of giving ya' R6 Decos.
That's exactly why savescumming Elder Melder works out far better than just trying your luck normally on T2/3 farming, which is really...not great.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: deepolsar423

deepolsar423
11 months ago#23
I have 9 atk jewels, and, until recently, i didn't realize that they were that rare(recently joined Discord and people were surprised I had that many at just HR 250). And I'm sure I got 4 or 5 of them from threat 2 Tempereds and the middle level (forgot what the stones you use are called, but the middle meld) melder. It might be the case that because of their rarity people think that you have a better shot trying to get them from ED tempered investigations and rarity 8 melding. But that has not been the case with me. Maybe I'm just lucky. These rare decos drop for me like candy. The Mind's Eye dropped my first tempered. I could fill all levels of every skill with whats in my deco inventory. But yeah, the atk's mainly came from mid lvl tempered hunts and melding. It's likely just luck, but it might also be something that somebody with more time and brains than I do to look into. Just a thought. Cheers!

Unbound-King
11 months ago#24
deepolsar423 posted...
Maybe I'm just lucky. These rare decos drop for me like candy. The Mind's Eye dropped my first tempered. I could fill all levels of every skill with whats in my deco inventory. But yeah, the atk's mainly came from mid lvl tempered hunts and melding. It's likely just luck, but it might also be something that somebody with more time and brains than I do to look into. Just a thought. Cheers!

I still prefer TEDIs since they remove Gleaming Streamstones completely.

But it's worthwhile to note that many people consider T2 Tempered the best for Deco Hunting since it has like a 23% chance of dropping Warped Feystones, which offer the highest chances for R7/R8 Decos.
T3 Tempered, which is limited to Elder Draggos, sadly only has a rate of like 12% or something for Warped Feystones. But in return for T3's lower drop rate, you don't have to deal with the 60~70ish% chance to get Gleaming Streamstones like you do with T2 Tempered.
As a result, T3's where I got most of my rare drops outside Melderscumming.
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: deepolsar423

deepolsar423
11 months ago#25
Unbound-King posted...
deepolsar423 posted...
Maybe I'm just lucky. These rare decos drop for me like candy. The Mind's Eye dropped my first tempered. I could fill all levels of every skill with whats in my deco inventory. But yeah, the atk's mainly came from mid lvl tempered hunts and melding. It's likely just luck, but it might also be something that somebody with more time and brains than I do to look into. Just a thought. Cheers!

But it's worthwhile to note that many people consider T2 Tempered the best for Deco Hunting since it has like a 23% chance of dropping Warped Feystones, which offer the highest chances for R7/R8 Decos.
T3 Tempered, which is limited to Elder Draggos, sadly only has a rate of like 12% or something for Warped Feystones. But in return for T3's lower drop rate, you don't have to deal with the 60~70ish% chance to get Gleaming Streamstones like you do with T2 Tempered.
As a result, T3's where I got most of my rare drops outside Melderscumming.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I thought Karma was going to get its revenge and make my PS4 explode. Cheers!

Unbound-King
11 months ago#26
deepolsar423 posted...
Thanks for clearing that up for me! I thought Karma was going to get its revenge and make my PS4 explode. Cheers!

Yee. Results are totes gonna vary.
Still, it's nice to hear that some folks are getting good drops!

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
11 months ago#27
Unbound-King posted...

Not sure what TEDIs are, but you definitely want to get Gleaming Streamstones, and you only get them from TEDs.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Mhm88

Mhm88
11 months ago#28
kingking posted...
best_carter_mhw posted...
I have critical draw and pierce but no minds eye what is this sorcery?

you should get at least 1 after getting 435 warped feystone, or 1112 worn feystone.
T2 investigations has 100% better chance to get warped feystone than T3.
you should also see 1 after 371 continuous strange stream ritual.

It's not that you should get "at least" 1, it's that you have a "decent chance" at 1 starting from that amount of decorations appraised.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
11 months ago#29
Drexlerfan22 posted...
I've put too many hours into the PS4 version to switch platforms, but man, stuff like this sure makes the PC version more attractive.

How does people cheating make it more attractive? If I join a random group for something like Behemoth, I don't want people to one shot it.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Evil_Sandwich

Evil_Sandwich
11 months ago#30
Rhiethreal posted...
Drexlerfan22 posted...
I've put too many hours into the PS4 version to switch platforms, but man, stuff like this sure makes the PC version more attractive.

How does people cheating make it more attractive? If I join a random group for something like Behemoth, I don't want people to one shot it.

Why not lol?

Behemoth is trash and deserves it.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. *Actual* decoration drop rates
  • Post New Message