• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. *Actual* decoration drop rates

User Info: Evil_Sandwich

Evil_Sandwich
11 months ago#11
Magazine jewel 2 is the rarest gem in the game I think.

I've gotten at least one of every other gem yet still never got a single one of those.

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
11 months ago#12
13.6% chance for mighty bow or spread and I've never seen either... Up yours Capcom
You have no idea the physical toll that three vasectomies have on a person! ~ Micheal Scott
PSN: Spetsnaz420 NNID: 0963-2355-7401 (MH4U + MHG only)

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
11 months ago#13
Everyone with enough sanity should just move to PC version atm.

User Info: Abome

Abome
11 months ago#14
Yeah, it was pretty obvious from the Crit Eye rate alone that the original database was untrustworthy. Nice to finally have the real percentages.

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
11 months ago#15
Useful meta stuff: 0%

Other stuff: 100%

TL;DR version, yes?
One cate god to rule them all...
The master of /effort

User Info: TheSoldierChris

TheSoldierChris
11 months ago#16
VegaGG posted...

*cries in console peasantry*
Ign: TheSoldier hr150 mhw, hr500 mhgen, hr800 mh4u. I main Gs, Cb, Hh, Lbg, Hbg, and Ls.

User Info: Antari18

Antari18
11 months ago#17
VegaGG posted...

Got over 1000 hours invested, HR over 600, got pretty much all jewels besides Mind's Eye and Crit Draw.

Yeah you're right. i should start over on PC! Just so I can cheat and generate myself missing 2 gems! Good thinking. Thanks for a tip, mate!

Seriously, you're kidding right? Everyone with enough sanity played this game for at least half a year earlier on console and starting from scratch now on PC is just gormless idea.

Go force your PC agenda elsewhere. This is PS4 board.
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: Shoren

Shoren
11 months ago#18
Drexlerfan22 posted...

This renders the pinned Elder Melder topic obsolete, and confirms that there are different drop rates for different jewels within the same rarity tier. Moreover, the rarest 7's have almost as low a chance to drop as the rarest 8's.

I suppose this helps explain why I've only ever gotten one Handicraft Jewel in over 500 hours of playtime. :-/ Not to mention why people have such problems getting Attack Jewels, though I've personally been luckier on that front.

Once you know that there are tiers to the decorations themselves then it becomes painfully obvious that there are individual drop rates within those tiers because you keep getting poisoncoat, airborne, wind resist, brace, etc, etc jewels over and over again. I've been lucky enough to get some of the really rare jewels, but I can't for the life of me find even one guard jewel and it's annoying how much it's restricting my lance builds.

I said this before in another topic, but it bears repeating. Having a pure RNG system for decorations is fine so long as you also provide a guaranteed method for obtaining them, too. By the time you really start farming for certain decorations you'll have thousands of monster parts that you have no other use for so why not make certain decorations require a combination of melding point from junk decorations, research points, and specific monster materials? Sure, make the material requirements high, especially for Rarity 8 decorations, but hiding them behind absurdly low drop rates is just poor game design.
---

User Info: Shirogane03

Shirogane03
11 months ago#19
This is pretty cool. Just some thing that I don't get from the list. What does the "mod 0.2" and "mod 0.1" mean? The percentages change.

Edit: Getting normal shot is gonna take as longs as getting attack jewels... :(
You either die a heroe or live long enough to become... a flower pot.
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22
11 months ago#20
Shoren posted...
Once you know that there are tiers to the decorations themselves then it becomes painfully obvious that there are individual drop rates within those tiers because you keep getting poisoncoat, airborne, wind resist, brace, etc, etc jewels over and over again. I've been lucky enough to get some of the really rare jewels, but I can't for the life of me find even one guard jewel and it's annoying how much it's restricting my lance builds.

I said this before in another topic, but it bears repeating. Having a pure RNG system for decorations is fine so long as you also provide a guaranteed method for obtaining them, too. By the time you really start farming for certain decorations you'll have thousands of monster parts that you have no other use for so why not make certain decorations require a combination of melding point from junk decorations, research points, and specific monster materials? Sure, make the material requirements high, especially for Rarity 8 decorations, but hiding them behind absurdly low drop rates is just poor game design.

Yeah, the different droprates did seem pretty obvious, given that I have like ten Mighty Bow Jewels and only one Handicraft, stuff like that. But it's nice to have it confirmed.

I agree that there should be a way to target a specific decoration, no matter how expensive they want to make it, considering how ridiculous these drop rates for the rarest decos are. And I don't think there's anyone who doesn't think the droprates for the rarest stuff should be relaxed, at least a little.

Shirogane03 posted...
This is pretty cool. Just some thing that I don't get from the list. What does the "mod 0.2" and "mod 0.1" mean? The percentages change.

The spreadsheet was put up by a modder who changed the droprates for the PC version. Those other two sheets are the modded drop tables that he created. Personally I think he went a little overboard in making everything practically equal, with nothing rare anymore at all, but to each his own.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. *Actual* decoration drop rates
  • Post New Message