• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. *Actual* decoration drop rates

User Info: Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22
11 months ago#1
I ran across an article from yesterday that discusses some recently released mods for the PC version of the game:

https://wccftech.com/monster-hunter-world-mods-drop-rate/

Among said mods is one that equalizes decoration drop chances. The punchline is that the modder went ahead and posted a google sheet that shows actual drop rates for decorations:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSpxxcdDrk2vNFFolh4Xz6QPSZeavjszVcUj7rh3LCoBsxALCyR5k_VhF9EadWKOeDMbRNxbW0kNpEx/pubhtml

This renders the pinned Elder Melder topic obsolete, and confirms that there are different drop rates for different jewels within the same rarity tier. Moreover, the rarest 7's have almost as low a chance to drop as the rarest 8's.

I suppose this helps explain why I've only ever gotten one Handicraft Jewel in over 500 hours of playtime. :-/ Not to mention why people have such problems getting Attack Jewels, though I've personally been luckier on that front.

I've put too many hours into the PS4 version to switch platforms, but man, stuff like this sure makes the PC version more attractive. I mean, holy hell, the rarest of the rare7 and rare8 decorations literally have about a one in a thousand chance to drop from a worn feystone. Not cool, Capcom. Not cool.

User Info: bassyura

bassyura
11 months ago#2
Is the melder topic really so far off to be considered obsolete?
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!

User Info: Wasabi_Syn

Wasabi_Syn
11 months ago#3
I just want my Shield and Pierce decos. ):
PSN & NNID: WasabiSyn
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5580-8486-4216

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
11 months ago#4
i cri evry tiem.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22
11 months ago#5
bassyura posted...

While I appreciate all the work that gochisosama did in that topic, ultimately it was all guesswork based off of a sample size of 1000, with a margin of error. And as you get to the rarer decos, that margin matters more. According to that topic, the Critical Jewel is rarer than Artillery, Mighty Bow, and Spread. In actuality, he just had bad luck on Critical Jewels, because you're almost twice as likely to get one of those as you are the other three.

In short, there's no reason to look at that topic now that we know the actual numbers under the hood, unless you're interested in a random stranger's luck.

User Info: MoxRavager

MoxRavager
11 months ago#6
bassyura posted...

Absolutely. While we should appreciate what that OP did. The info is 100% uneeded now.
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
3DS FC: 1977-0202-6028.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
11 months ago#7
This is why I deco snipe.

Also, most of the pins should not be pins.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
11 months ago#8
Sirk posted...
This is why I deco snipe.

Also, most of the pins should not be pins.

I was always under the impression that 99% of Gfaqs wasn't aware pinned topics exist so it was probably fine anyways.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: best_carter_mhw

best_carter_mhw
11 months ago#9
I have critical draw and pierce but no minds eye what is this sorcery?

User Info: kingking

kingking
11 months ago#10
best_carter_mhw posted...
I have critical draw and pierce but no minds eye what is this sorcery?

you should get at least 1 after getting 435 warped feystone, or 1112 worn feystone.
T2 investigations has 100% better chance to get warped feystone than T3.
you should also see 1 after 371 continuous strange stream ritual.
i am rabbit
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. *Actual* decoration drop rates
  • Post New Message