• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So no new monsters for Autumn festival?

User Info: Antari18

Antari18
2 months ago#1
Are Oroshi Kirin and Alatreon not coming? Was this just a rumor?

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
2 months ago#2
Probably after the Festival.
If I had to throw out my own guess for the Schedule, it'd go:
AT Kush for the first half of September, where we are now.
The Autumn Harvest Fest for the second half of September.
October would feature AT Nerg and Oroshi Kirin.
November would feature AT Luna and Oroshi.
December would feature Alatreon and whatever Winter Fest is gonna be.
And January will come full circle for the year's worth of updates with AT Alatreon.

Of course, none of this past the September bit is confirmed, so take this guess with a grain of salt.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: Exodiver

Exodiver
2 months ago#3
Ther has never been a new monster during the 2-week long seasonal festival. so far, new monsters are released after the fest.
i.e. kulve was released after spring fest, then we get luna, then behemoth after summer fest
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous

Antari18
2 months ago#4
Oh I see. Shame because most of the new festival content seem boring and not worth time spent for me. I guess I'll just do Kulve for new weapons or grind HR.

User Info: Exodiver

Exodiver
2 months ago#5
Antari18 posted...
Oh I see. Shame because most of the new festival content seem boring and not worth time spent for me. I guess I'll just do Kulve for new weapons or grind HR.

Well, the festival are meant for hunters to gather together in the festivities and all events are unlocked. for regular players, they've done most of the events. but for casual players, it's an opportunity for them to do these missed quests that only available on these festivals.
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous

User Info: didierre

didierre
2 months ago#6
Unbound-King posted...
Probably after the Festival.
If I had to throw out my own guess for the Schedule, it'd go:
AT Kush for the first half of September, where we are now.
The Autumn Harvest Fest for the second half of September.
October would feature AT Nerg and Oroshi Kirin.
November would feature AT Luna and Oroshi.
December would feature Alatreon and whatever Winter Fest is gonna be.
And January will come full circle for the year's worth of updates with AT Alatreon.

Of course, none of this past the September bit is confirmed, so take this guess with a grain of salt.

AT Nergigante will never come out before Oroshi Kirin simply because the Nergigante Y set is not in the game files yet.

When 6.0 will be released, you'll know what's coming till 7.0 with datamining, including all the festival and layered sets.

The schedule is on point, even though I would add another version of Xeno'Jiiva and maybe the "Slay" Kulve Tarroth quest that's bound to happen since there's an area that's currently locked in the El Dorado caverns.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
2 months ago#7
didierre posted...
AT Nergigante will never come out before Oroshi Kirin simply because the Nergigante Y set is not in the game files yet.

In truth, the instances featuring two Monsters can usually go either way, I feel.
Each new DLC Monster except Kulve sticks around forever, but each AT Monster tends to get two weeks to be fought outside Festivals/Event Rotation.
So it's totes possible they'd go Oroshi Kirin first then AT Nerg to pad out the month instead of starting with AT Nerg.
It might be similarly interchangeable for AT Luna and AT Oroshi.
Though I honestly think it'd be waaay too quick for Oroshi to come out then one month later get his AT version.
I would definitely appreciate an AT Xeno and especially an AT Zorah set, which is arguably the Elder Dragon most in need of a better version of their gear in the entire game. Crit Status has so much build potential but its locked behind Zorah's horribly underpowered set, and that hurts.

I do also hope for the potential "Slay" Quest for Kulve we can get a Gamma version of her set that's just missing Release Element or otherwise has Release Element Lv3 on a single piece, leaving the rest to go nuts. It'd be even better if Kulve actually got a Set Bonus this time.

Also, is the Oroshi Kirin set already datamined?
I'd like to know if he has a good Ice DB ahead of time and save myself the suspense and grief.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: drag10

drag10
2 months ago#8
Unbound-King posted...
I'd like to know if he has a good Ice DB ahead of time and save myself the suspense and grief.

I'm more interested to see what properties would be given to Oroshi weapons in general.

In previous games, they were pretty much ice versions of Kirin weapons (low raw, high element) and that's currently covered by Legiana weapons (plus a bit of natural white sharpness for melee). I'd guess we might see more variant trees of the same weapon like with Luna weapons.
PSN: AshScar88

Antari18
2 months ago#9
My dream weapon from Oroshi Kirin is Ice Lance with very high element (600) and Elemental Phial Ice CB with over 300 ice and slots.

User Info: didierre

didierre
2 months ago#10
Unbound-King posted...
didierre posted...

In truth, the instances featuring two Monsters can usually go either way, I feel.
Each new DLC Monster except Kulve sticks around forever, but each AT Monster tends to get two weeks to be fought outside Festivals/Event Rotation.
So it's totes possible they'd go Oroshi Kirin first then AT Nerg to pad out the month instead of starting with AT Nerg.
It might be similarly interchangeable for AT Luna and AT Oroshi.
Though I honestly think it'd be waaay too quick for Oroshi to come out then one month later get his AT version.
I would definitely appreciate an AT Xeno and especially an AT Zorah set, which is arguably the Elder Dragon most in need of a better version of their gear in the entire game. Crit Status has so much build potential but its locked behind Zorah's horribly underpowered set, and that hurts.

I do also hope for the potential "Slay" Quest for Kulve we can get a Gamma version of her set that's just missing Release Element or otherwise has Release Element Lv3 on a single piece, leaving the rest to go nuts. It'd be even better if Kulve actually got a Set Bonus this time.

What I said is that updates adds files into the game, there's nothing concerning Oroshi Kirin or AT Nergigante in the game yet because of it, this is the reason why we knew about Gamma set skills for the previous AT elders and the layered sets before they come out because they were tied to one update:

-AT Kirin & Vaal were tied to Lunastra update
-AT Teostra and Kushala were tied to Behemoth update

It will be the same for AT Nergigante.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So no new monsters for Autumn festival?
  • Topic Archived