• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Next new monster they add better be weak to fire.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 months ago#1
I made the Anja Duals, and all they've been doing is sitting in my box gathering dust.

Only fire-weak monster that isn't early game trash is Vaal, and I'd rather use Xeno Raqs for him because my anti-Vaal set needs the extra slots, affinity, and natural White sharpness.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
2 months ago#2
Speaking of Xeno, Xeno is also weak to fire...
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
2 months ago#3
Kirin is weak to fire too

And nope
The next monster is weak to ice
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12825246/1/
PSN: FF7_Lissy

User Info: Versaile

Versaile
2 months ago#4
MetalGearDogma posted...
Kirin is weak to fire too

And nope
The next monster is weak to ice

Oroshi Kirin isn't weak to ice, and Alatreon's weaknesses vary

User Info: Kiutsu

Kiutsu
2 months ago#5
I'd rather use the razor sharp Empress Daggers Styx against Kirin than any fire dual blades available right now.

You never lose white sharpness during the fight so you only ever have to sharpen when it runs away.

It has a 2 star weakness to blast so the extra damage(solo) is there especially when you are aggressive with temporal mantle on. Kirin doesn't have a lot of health anyway.

You can also go with the Guts version of the empress daggers styx for more affinity if sharpness is not a problem which is nice for crit builds if you have trouble hitting the head consistently. Added bonus Guts will save you from a 1 time faint every faint.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
2 months ago#6
HeliosMagi posted...
Only fire-weak monster that isn't early game trash is Vaal, and I'd rather use Xeno Raqs for him because my anti-Vaal set needs the extra slots, affinity, and natural White sharpness.

If I remember right, most of Vaal's body parts don't even start taking Dragon Damage until said parts are broken. So until then, you're basically losing out on a decent chunk of damage that would probably speed the fights up.
Plus natural White on Xeno Raqs isn't nearly as good as ya' might initially think.
It starts at a pitiable 170 True Raw and 15 Draggo.
Closer to 224 True Raw and 23 Draggo(with Dragon Attack Level 2) when you consider White Sharpness. It does at least have two T3 Slots and 15% Affinity to start, though there are better options for whatever role you'd want this to fit.

Anja Cyclone III, which is easily able to shed its negative Affinity with current gear, doesn't hit White Sharpness. But it also starts with 210 True Raw and 21 Fire that caps at 27 with Fire Attack Level 2. Then there's also the Blue Sharpness modifier of 1.2 for Raw and 1.0625 for Elemental.
252 True Raw and 29 Fire on Anja Cyclone compared to the 224 and 23 Draggo we get on Xeno Raqs.

Given the way Vaal works in that he won't start taking Draggo damage in the head/chest until you break those parts, and that despite its White Sharpness Xeno Raqs is flat out weaker than Anja Cyclone in this case, it feels kinda silly not to bust out the fiyah DBs.
You could take it a step further and swap Anja Cyclone III for Taroth Daggers "Rage" which is just a flat upgrade that gives 3 more base Fire and 20 Defense.

Moreover...What exactly's the Xeno Raqs build you're running for Vaal?
It feels like you could probably make a couple changes and murder him even faster than usual.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

Kiutsu
2 months ago#7
Unbound-King posted...
HeliosMagi posted...

If I remember right, most of Vaal's body parts don't even start taking Dragon Damage until said parts are broken. So until then, you're basically losing out on a decent chunk of damage that would probably speed the fights up.
Plus natural White on Xeno Raqs isn't nearly as good as ya' might initially think.
It starts at a pitiable 170 True Raw and 15 Draggo.
Closer to 224 True Raw and 23 Draggo(with Dragon Attack Level 2) when you consider White Sharpness. It does at least have two T3 Slots and 15% Affinity to start, though there are better options for whatever role you'd want this to fit.

Anja Cyclone III, which is easily able to shed its negative Affinity with current gear, doesn't hit White Sharpness. But it also starts with 210 True Raw and 21 Fire that caps at 27 with Fire Attack Level 2. Then there's also the Blue Sharpness modifier of 1.2 for Raw and 1.0625 for Elemental.
252 True Raw and 29 Fire on Anja Cyclone compared to the 224 and 23 Draggo we get on Xeno Raqs.

Given the way Vaal works in that he won't start taking Draggo damage in the head/chest until you break those parts, and that despite its White Sharpness Xeno Raqs is flat out weaker than Anja Cyclone in this case, it feels kinda silly not to bust out the fiyah DBs.
You could take it a step further and swap Anja Cyclone III for Taroth Daggers "Rage" which is just a flat upgrade that gives 3 more base Fire and 20 Defense.

Moreover...What exactly's the Xeno Raqs build you're running for Vaal?
It feels like you could probably make a couple changes and murder him even faster than usual.

http://mhworld.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=3||19|17|25|0|1|0|0||119|22|22|0||77|25|0|0||107|17|0|0||97|96|0|0||107|17|6|0||1|

Something like this maybe? That's what i use against Vaal. Xeno raqs is made for crit builds.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
2 months ago#8
Kiutsu posted...
http://mhworld.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=3||19|17|25|0|1|0|0||119|22|22|0||77|25|0|0||107|17|0|0||97|96|0|0||107|17|6|0||1|

Something like this maybe? That's what i use against Vaal. Xeno raqs is made for crit builds.

Hmm...I'd suggest trying something like this:
Taroth Daggers "Rage" or Anja Cyclone III w/Health and Affinity Augments
Teo Y Helm w/Critical x2
Los B Chest w/Blaze
Teo Y Arms w/Handicraft
Azure Starlord Waist w/Tenderizer
Teo Y Legs w/Critical, Blaze
Miasma Charm III

70% Affinity.
It should still hit Vaal decently hard without Crits, but when it does get going it'll probably shred his HP.

The other options are Taroth Dagger "Erupter" and Lava Cyclone II.
The prior has 190 Raw, 20 Fire at +2, and a T1 Deco slot. The latter has 180 Raw, 20 Fire at +2, and two T2 Deco slots. Both capable of hitting White Sharpness at Handicraft +2.
They also have no negative Affinity, so the above set lands you at 80% Affinity, 90~95% off Augments, and you also get a slot or two for whatever.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

Kiutsu
2 months ago#9
Yeah there are other options but i don't have any luck when it comes to warrior's stream stone: blade. 400+ hours i gave up augmenting rarity 7 weapons. The game loves giving me hero stones for some reason.

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
2 months ago#10
It's been a while since I hunted Oroshi kirin lol
Right ... its an ice monster
My bad lol

Cant wait to see what they'll do with Alatreon
I HATE this thing
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12825246/1/
PSN: FF7_Lissy
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Next new monster they add better be weak to fire.
  • Topic Archived