• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. need some advice to choice HBG...???

User Info: Sharius

Sharius
2 months ago#1
... i'm done with my LBG build and wanna change to HBG, but don't know which gun i should use, which gun is best for each type of ammo, i know some consider glutton is the best HBG but unfornatually i can't have it until the next kulve event, so a break down about non-taroth weapon weapon is appreciate

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
2 months ago#2
Cluster Bombing with Dark Devourer is pretty much the only HBG thing I know beyond spamming Impact Mantle Glutton shots. The closest thing to a replacement Glutton is Destruction's Fusillade/Empress Cannon "Ruin".

Legia Shattercryst/Taroth Assault "Support" should be good for Pierce 3.

Annnd. Empress Cannon Styx seems like a decent all arounder type, though you'd probably use it more for its Piercing/Slicing Ammo and status effects than anything else.
Hmm...now that I look at it. The LBG Styx seems to serve much the same role, but less so for Pierce and moreso for Elemental Rapid Fire.
Either one should probably do well enough.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: Half-Youkai

Half-Youkai
2 months ago#3
dark devourer is also great for sticky
FFBE: 319,925,765
Normally a Reberta Main going Fryevia main for now

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
2 months ago#4
Magda Gemitus 2 is the strongest weapon in the game.

Deals only 5% less DMG than Dark Devourer
finishes TEDs in 2.30~4mins
can inflict every ail in existence
gets +20DEF
can also gain enmity from Behemoth as fast as Glutton
and also has a GemLv2 slot for Guard Up so you can facetank anything.

User Info: B4n6k3

B4n6k3
2 months ago#5
If you already tried LBG, you should know that there's no all rounded weapons for gunners. Which playstyle do you want ? Michael bay speed running style with cluster & sticky ? Shotgun with spread ? Raw damage with normal ammo ? Or even elemental damage. Which one you prefer.....?

User Info: Sharius

Sharius
2 months ago#6
B4n6k3 posted...
If you already tried LBG, you should know that there's no all rounded weapons for gunners. Which playstyle do you want ? Michael bay speed running style with cluster & sticky ? Shotgun with spread ? Raw damage with normal ammo ? Or even elemental damage. Which one you prefer.....?

I want to try little bit of everything before i can decide, so a sugestion about best gun (non taroth) for each shooting style is very welcome

User Info: B4n6k3

B4n6k3
2 months ago#7
Like the other post suggested. Dark Devourer still everyone favourite for cluster & sticky ammo speed running because of it's highest raw. Magda Gemitus is the king of spread before tarroth HBG came. Luna weapons for your elemental.

If you're still new, I suggest pick up the Luna styx for starter. It got thunder & water for elemental, cluster bomb 3 if you want to learn for cluster, and most important, it's xenojiva armor skills for free ammo. Unfortunately, it only got spread 1 if I'm not mistaken.....

User Info: Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22
2 months ago#8
Sharius posted...
B4n6k3 posted...

I want to try little bit of everything before i can decide, so a sugestion about best gun (non taroth) for each shooting style is very welcome

Nerg for Spread (if you don't have Glutton).
Legiana for Pierce (Taroth Support is an upgrade if you can get it)
I like Power Shooter II (Bone tree) for Normal3, though honestly for normal I tend to prefer LBG. I think the newly-added Taroth HBG is awesome for Normal3 but can't say for sure since I haven't gotten it.

User Info: bunnyrebellion

bunnyrebellion
2 months ago#9
dark devourer

I’m no expert but I’ve tried a few and dark devourer is my favorite, the others don’t compare. I’m a LBG run n gunner (karma), so I’m pretty picky about my guns.
XBL bunny of honor
PSN bunnyrebellion

User Info: Hellfire-1

Hellfire-1
2 months ago#10
Basically everything listed above.

Dark devourer gets my vote though.

Also, for a related note:

Choice is the selection between multiple things, the noun. (The focus being on the choice itself rather than the act of choosing)

Choose is the act of selecting something, the verb (The focus is on the action rather than the choice)

"I have a choice between red and blue."

"I choose blue"

Slight difference, and some rather poor examples on my part, but hopefully gets the point across.
Bona Fide Monafied...
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. need some advice to choice HBG...???
  • Topic Archived